Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Arrow So funny to see...

That the position of retribution hasnt changed too much. Still situational burst dmg as it was in WOTLK
    Also wanted to say hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet View Post
    That the position of retribution hasnt changed too much. Still situational burst dmg as it was in WOTLK
    Also wanted to say hi
    Don't know what you're talking about - Retribution is in a pretty solid place. I suggest you relearn it, a lot has changed since Wrath.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Don't know what you're talking about - Retribution is in a pretty solid place. I suggest you relearn it, a lot has changed since Wrath.
    Well tbh the place ret is in also comes with the fact that this tier is much better itemized for ret than for other classes. Two haste trinkets are just insanely good for ret but horrible for warriors. Imagine ret with two crit trinkets.

15+ Year Old Account
    you'll have to excuse me that i dont know everything thats going on. i know that alot of skills have been changed. i've just read the pala section a bit and took a conclusion.

while the mechanics of ret HAVE changed, its play style hasn't really changed at all. its still a rng burst machine with crappy sustained and mediocre mobility.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    you'll have to excuse me that i dont know everything thats going on. i know that alot of skills have been changed. i've just read the pala section a bit and took a conclusion.
    Try playing it first before you slay it. Most of the Ret complaints are talking about PvP. We've always been a glass cannon, if they were to revamp that, they'd have to revamp a load of the Paladin abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by niai View Post
    Well tbh the place ret is in also comes with the fact that this tier is much better itemized for ret than for other classes. Two haste trinkets are just insanely good for ret but horrible for warriors. Imagine ret with two crit trinkets.
    Meh. Crit is still a good stat, it's still on par with Mastery. But, I do see what you mean. This tier is ridiculously well itemized for Ret. Our damage gets even better with 2-4 set.

15+ Year Old Account
    Try playing it first before you slay it. Most of the Ret complaints are talking about PvP. We've always been a glass cannon, if they were to revamp that, they'd have to revamp a load of the Paladin abilities.

Meh. Crit is still a good stat, it's still on par with Mastery. But, I do see what you mean. This tier is ridiculously well itemized for Ret. Our damage gets even better with 2-4 set.
    I have played retri, before it was a viable raid spec and untill the start of cataclysm. The term glass cannon is no good term for ret pre cata. im guessing it still isnt a good term for them atm. Retri can take a decent beating, but it had to use certain skills with long CD's to survive, but that could be done several times with bubble, Lay on hands and normal heals.

Ret always needs good gear to perform well. Since you just said that Tier gear improved it so much, it seems thats still an ongoing 'issue'.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 09:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    while the mechanics of ret HAVE changed, its play style hasn't really changed at all. its still a rng burst machine with crappy sustained and mediocre mobility.
    Thank you for confirming my thoughts on the current state of retri

Deleted
    I have played retri, before it was a viable raid spec and untill the start of cataclysm. The term glass cannon is no good term for ret pre cata. im guessing it still isnt a good term for them atm. Retri can take a decent beating, but it had to use certain skills with long CD's to survive, but that could be done several times with bubble, Lay on hands and normal heals.

Ret always needs good gear to perform well. Since you just said that Tier gear improved it so much, it seems thats still an ongoing 'issue'.[COLOR="red"]
    I don't get what you're getting at, if you're trying to say you out-experience me - I don't doubt it. I've not played Paladin longer than an expansion. But, I have played the game long enough to know who Rets have always been. They're hybrids. They're not meant to outplay pure dps classes. If it gets to that point, the game developers are doing it wrong. Retribution is in one of the best places it has been since DS.
    Tier gear improves every dps class, it's not heavily based around it, it just increases tenfold if you have it.

I miss WOTLK Ret, I feel like they added 'complexity' just for the sake of complexity. Holy Power and Holy Slice and Dice ruined the spec for me.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    [/QUOTE=Helai;19657884]Most of the Ret complaints are talking about PvP.[/QUOTE]
    Pretty much, my ret hits like a brick with his burst and is very hard to kill despite the heal nerf, but yes i have seen lesser geared rets getting destroyed by pretty much everything so its a viable point to complain about pvp :P

Edit: cba fixing that :P

Deleted
    Pretty much, my ret hits like a brick with his burst and is very hard to kill despite the heal nerf, but yes i have seen lesser geared rets getting destroyed by pretty much everything so its a viable point to complain about pvp :P [/QUOTE]

When Anaxie and Vanguards say Ret are broken in the same patch, then Ret is broken. Other than that, we're fine.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 10:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thenamedosentfi View Post
    Pretty much, my ret hits like a brick with his burst and is very hard to kill despite the heal nerf, but yes i have seen lesser geared rets getting destroyed by pretty much everything so its a viable point to complain about pvp :P
    When Vanguards and Anaxie say Ret are fucked, in the same patch, we can consider ourselves fucked.

Other than that, it's a learn to play issue/adaption issue.

When Anaxie and Vanguards say Ret are broken in the same patch, then Ret is broken. Other than that, we're fine.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 10:41 PM ----------

When Vanguards and Anaxie say Ret are fucked, in the same patch, we can consider ourselves fucked.

Other than that, it's a learn to play issue/adaption issue.
    Vanguards says Ret is mediocre. He gets higher rating on his Enhancement Shaman, consistently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Vanguards says Ret is mediocre. He gets higher rating on his Enhancement Shaman, consistently.
    Reckful says Rogue is mediocre. He gets higher rating on his Arms Warrior, consistently.

Reckful says Rogue is mediocre. He gets higher rating on his Arms Warrior, consistently.
    Except Enhance isn't OP.. so way to fail at being clever B)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Except Enhance isn't OP.. so way to fail at being clever B)
    Sorry, I thought we were just saying pointless remarks. Re-read my original statement:

Sorry, I thought we were just saying pointless remarks. Re-read my original statement:

Enhance is right where every DPS spec should be. It's not a pointless remark when it's true that Vanguards has gotten 100 more rating on his under-geared Enhancement Shaman than on his Retribution Paladin which has better gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also wanted to say hi
    From a standpoint of where we sit on the meters and in pvp ya not much has changed at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

I just got the 2pc bonus and damage has really gone way up. Enjoying playing ret so far.

Well, being worst dps class in game except for priests and hunters at the moment is not a place I'd like ret to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I miss WOTLK Ret, I feel like they added 'complexity' just for the sake of complexity. Holy Power and Holy Slice and Dice ruined the spec for me.
    I have to agree with you here, seems like they just added in holy combo points and didn't change any other aspect of retribution gameplay.