[Feral] What can a Feral do in BGs ?

Hello everybody,

I have alway played Resto or Boomkin in BG. I find these specs Fun AND useful for the group.

I can be in the melee and Multidot or Multihot and it fells like I am really useful, and I am really helping for victory.

But what about being a Feral? Is it really useful in the melee? there are so many AOE that your invisibility alwyays break, and the only thing you can really do (at least in my poor opinion) is to Target->5cp->DOT, NEXT...

I have the impression that the only thing Ferals are good for in BG is to be sneaky, to cap the flag, to kill players who are alone, or maybe healers, But I have this overall impression that being a moonkin or a resto will help A LOT more for the victory, that It will be A LOT MORE efficient for the group.

Il like to do BGs for 1) Fun and 2) Victory so I am really interessted to know what you think about this question.

-What is the role of a Feral in BG?
    -Are they less useful than Boomkins or Rdruid?
    -Can you have Fun? Are you forced to do 1v1 and other solo actions ?

Sorry for my poor english (I come from Switzerland) and thank you for your answers! And happy new year!

are we talking random bgs, rated bgs or?

Random BGs , but the same question can apply for rated BG

Deleted
    I always used to spread DoT's on melee classes, then bear form - charge healer, DoT 'em up, jump back to other dps.
    That mostly made me land in top 5 dps.
    I always try to put some pressure on enemies.

and chasing wounded enemies is also a job that is fit for ferals.

A few ideas that come to mind is
    Ninja Cappers - 1vs1 or 1vs2 (maybe) with some good cc coordination and skill you can easily defeat most opponents and ninja cap flags for teams which can lead to victory
    Flag Carriers - with the 4p PvP bonus (15% increased movement speed while outdooors) and the base speed boost from being a feral you can rapidly run a flag from A to B in no time. The ability to shift out of roots and snares also helps this.
    Peeling for team mates - Predators swiftness procs can be used to peel enemies from your FC or healer with instant clones, roots, stuns then there's the snare attached to feral charge and shred/mangle (infected wounds)
    Dealing with healers - there aren't many healers that a feral can't combat against with their stuns, interrupt and instant clones you can lock down a healer with ease

These are the things that I mainly go about when running BGs and trust me ninja caps etc win games

Deleted
    ninja capping, or flag carries ^^

Quote Originally Posted by craigp100 View Post
    A few ideas that come to mind is
    Ninja Cappers - 1vs1 or 1vs2 (maybe) with some good cc coordination and skill you can easily defeat most opponents and ninja cap flags for teams which can lead to victory
    Flag Carriers - with the 4p PvP bonus (15% increased movement speed while outdooors) and the base speed boost from being a feral you can rapidly run a flag from A to B in no time. The ability to shift out of roots and snares also helps this.
    Peeling for team mates - Predators swiftness procs can be used to peel enemies from your FC or healer with instant clones, roots, stuns then there's the snare attached to feral charge and shred/mangle (infected wounds)
    Dealing with healers - there aren't many healers that a feral can't combat against with their stuns, interrupt and instant clones you can lock down a healer with ease

These are the things that I mainly go about when running BGs and trust me ninja caps etc win games

what the man said!

otherwise

generel defense i bgs like WSG, AB, Battle For Gilneas, etc

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Feral can do plenty fine damage pretty much doing what anyone else does, just killing players at bases or around the map. It's not really hard to get top dmg on the meters. In rated BGs though, feral isn't really good on the damage compared to classes such as Frost DK or Warlock.(I only play it as offspec) So you'll be defending if you actually get into a group as feral mainspec dps.

Deleted
    Going for flag or/and nuke low geared peps that is what we'r best at imo multidoting is fun thought... Not to mention Typhoon <3

Feral can do a lot. You can carry flags..and you can murder flag carriers. They can carry orbs (survival instincts helps), and decimate orb carriers. Enemy team beating you in IoC/AV? No matter! Sneak right into the room where they're killing your boss, proc berserk and your agi trink, thrash and swipe the CRAP out of them! Proc incarnation, PWN THEIR MAIN TANK. People trying to cap the tower in Eots? TYPHOON THEM OFF THE HILL!!!

Feral as people said are good flag carriers and their burst is deadly puts a lot of pressure on healers. Co ordinate with rogues to do things like smoke bomb kill healers if you don't peel a feral when he bursting there is no surviving.

Deleted
    flag carrying or guarding the GY ;p (when ganked and dead ofc lal)

When i used to do pvp in cataclysm, my main goal was to do RIPs on targets and do CCs on the healers; we can cyclone, roots , thyphon , interrup , stun.

We can also ninja cap something and hold it in bearform and do AOEs if someone is healing me.