Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Flying without level restrictions in mop for alts?....

Heres an idea....I get why blizzard disabled flying until level 90 in mop, theyd created an entire new world and questlines to go with it and they didnt want people being able to skip content, they wanted everyone to experience all of it.

But the problem is, when it comes to alts......im on now my 3rd alt to level through mop content, I have already seen it all on my main let alone doing any quests id missed before with my first alt.....so why should I not be able to fly still to speed up the leveling process a bit? one of the things that makes alt leveling so tedious from 85-90 is the fact you have to ride/run everywhere so it takes a hell of a lot longer then it would do if you could quickly fly between quest npcs and the quest locations.

So why not enable flying from 85 in mop for all those who have already had at least one character get to level 90? The argument of wanting people to experience content not skip it is kind of invalid after youve already done it once or even twice isnt it? and itd make the alt leveling process a lot less tedious!

Deleted
    How about.. If you dont wanna do and see the content again, dont fucking do it.

Sick of this "i have a main, i deserve all other classes at max lvl by clicking a button in the menu" shit!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamse View Post

Sick of this "i have a main, i deserve all other classes at max lvl by clicking a button in the menu" shit!
    wow talk about exaggeration, is it a crime to want to speed up the leveling process in the way of travel times? go on then mr know it all, by taking longer to travel to places what am I actully achieving? im not talking about skipping quests etc im talking about being able to get around faster! oh and enjoy your ban for flaming and foul language :P

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 12:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Would be cool if there were an Account Bound book for sale somewhere, which would teach you MoP flying skill, requires lvl 90 for the vendor to open up for sale and the actual item would require lvl 85.

I think WotLK had similar system..

Tome of Cold Weather Flight
    good idea

Deleted

I like my alts. I have 4 level 90s now, working on my fifth. And it's not about the content, as I genuinely enjoy alot of the questlines even on my fourth play. But it irks me that I can't just fly to my next questhub/bunch of mobs that need dying.
    I'm happy to do the content again, just would like it faster the next time. Have you ever skipped a cutscene on a game you've completed before? If you ever have, even once, your statement is 100% invalid.

How about... I find questing much more enjoyable with a flying mount, as an activity with little brain activity involved. Above is your opinion, many other people have a different one.

Id love book like they had in WotLK. It only makes sense. You already have to purchase the upgrade to fly, just swap that to a boa book, solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    They already stated that they do not intend to allow alts to fly in Pandaria any time soon. Maybe with the 6.0 prepatch.

They weren't exactly happy with the outcome of the Wrath tome.

.im on now my 3rd alt to level through mop content, I have already seen it all on my main let alone doing any quests id missed before with my first alt.....so why should I not be able to fly still to speed up the leveling process a bit?
    sup. my lvl 90 nr 11 is inc within a day. no fuzz here about it. if you can do it once you can do it again. don't like running around on the ground? fine then do dungeons/pvp. just beacuse you're lazy doesn't mean they need such a big change. i mean cmon what do you really earn on being able to fly? you save maybe half a day of questing? biiig woop woop. i LOVE the fact that we cant fly til 90. now i dont feel immortal when lvling, "Oh 5 mobs? il just fly above them no problem" isnt really fun. take on a challenge for crying out loud and stop wanting everything handed to you
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    now i dont feel immortal when lvling, "Oh 5 mobs? il just fly above them no problem" isnt really fun.
    Oh 5 mobs? *pull, multi DOT* /yawn -> loot.

Your point?

Sure I don't like to run all over the place either which is why my druid leveling went slow. He stayed at the Inn at the farm and planted his 4 crops a day and I sat in LFG ques. That is how I leveled unless I went out and flower picked on him.

Best part was that was fine with me because now I have 3 90's and I can't seem to do all the dailies on all of them the LFR's, the daily LFG.... Heck I haven't capped my VP on my main in 2 weeks now because I wanted my alts geared as well....
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Oh 5 mobs? *pull, multi DOT* /yawn -> loot.

Your point?
    i see you aren't familiar with point making, the number is irrelevant. just pressed the nearest key... "sigh"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

I'm glad they didn't tome it because I would have leveled purely with flower picking as it would have been way to easy

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    Best part was that was fine with me because now I have 3 90's and I can't seem to do all the dailies on all of them the LFR's, the daily LFG.... Heck I haven't capped my VP on my main in 2 weeks now because I wanted my alts geared as well....
    Same boat here: main, shaman and druid. I swore that I'd never been in the LFR on more than 2 characters boat like in Cataclysm, but, damn it, I want them to have shinies.

As for the OP, part of me thinks that it'd be a good, optional idea.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

I see where you're coming from, but I guess Blizzard wanted to slow things down generally in MoP and revisited some Vanilla principles this time around. I think they want stuff generally to require greater effort and take longer than they did during the last 2 expansions. Same goes for professions, and actually gearing up. Especially valor gear.

Things are generally a little bit less inevitable and a little less a given this time around. I kind of grew into liking that somehow. If this was Cata or WotLK, I would have a completely raid-geared main character and 2 or 3 valor-equipped alts and all professions maxed out by now. This time around, I don't even have a raid-geared toon yet, and some of my alts aren't even 90, and I'm still working on some professions.

And you know what, I'm having fun, I like that. I may have "accomplished" less, but everything that's already in place kind of feels more valuable. And the xpac has been keeping me busy and will continue to do so for quite some while. It really feels a little bit like Vanilla again - a lot of it is a matter of weeks or months instead of days.

Deleted
    the tome is a good idea, I'm all for seeing the content, but once you have seen it, all you are doing is making the content seem worse with every play through till you get to the point where you can't be bothered with it, at least with flying you could cut some time off it and you don't have to walk along the same path again and again, levelling in mists was fun the first time, the second time you just wanted it to be over and the third time is just a struggle to bring your self to do it.

blizz have already admitted the expansion isn't alt friendly, the levelling is one of those ways it isn't alt friendly.

Same goes for professions
    profession take longer? you can do them in a couple of hours without the char even leaving org, then you have mining and herbing where you cant mine/herb as quick they spawn.

I GOT IT!

Put the Tome on the BMAH 1 per day. Blizzard cleans out the gold on the server and the community gets what they want...though very expensive

I seriously feel that this is no issue at all! But I'm not in particular opposed to ideas like this!

10+ Year Old Account
    i see you aren't familiar with point making, the number is irrelevant. just pressed the nearest key... "sigh"
    My point is: questing is not and never will be difficult or feel dangerous unless they add Elite-mobs that can actually hurt you back into the world. So it makes no difference at all if you can fly or not. The only difference is consumed player time. They want leveling to take longer. That's why we cannot fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    My point is: questing is not and never will be difficult or feel dangerous unless they add Elite-mobs that can actually hurt you back into the world. So it makes no difference at all if you can fly or not. The only difference is consumed player time. They want leveling to take longer. That's why we cannot fly.
    Nah, I believe it was more to bring back the exploration feeling, and for pvp realms, more world pvp. Which people have been crying out for, for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmh not really, since we are discussing flying for alts.

I agree that it's a lot more immersive and fun to quest w/o flying mount the first time around, but once I've seen that on my main, there is little new to discover on an alt.

You're probably right for PvP stuff though.