Sha of fear heroic

Has anyone done this fight recently (after fire nerf)???

what spec would be better for this fight???

moving around in p1 would hurt arcane a bit but will deal more damage than fire in p2(heroic) on boss

while fire is very mobile and will have combustion up for every sets of adds in p2.

edit: 10man btw
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2012-12-30 at 10:31 PM.
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Depends on group comp and what your group will have problems with in P2 - if it's adds Fire's probably better if it's boss damage Arcane probably wins out.

Deleted
    I've done the fight after the Fire nerfs for a month and a half or so now. P1 damage you do not have to worry about, I'm in top 3 boss damage throughout phase 1 togheter with Warlocks that can do their full rotation while moving as Arcane, and P2 I basically just tunnel the boss until the last few add waves where I multidot with Nether Tempest and continue tunneling the boss. I did progress mostly on the fight as Fire tho and I have to admit I'd rather do the fight as Fire, but what can you do when Blizzard hates you.

Quote Originally Posted by Flandersson View Post
    I've done the fight after the Fire nerfs for a month and a half or so now. P1 damage you do not have to worry about, I'm in top 3 boss damage throughout phase 1 togheter with Warlocks that can do their full rotation while moving as Arcane, and P2 I basically just tunnel the boss until the last few add waves where I multidot with Nether Tempest and continue tunneling the boss. I did progress mostly on the fight as Fire tho and I have to admit I'd rather do the fight as Fire, but what can you do when Blizzard hates you.
    Kinda sucks that they nerf fire after a few top guilds get sha kills. Leaves everyone else with a hole in their dps that the fire mages filled.

Sigh, blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    Kinda sucks that they nerf fire after a few top guilds get sha kills. Leaves everyone else with a hole in their dps that the fire mages filled.

Sigh, blizzard.
    Yea it sucked that they had to nerf Fire mid progression since we used to gear up 4 mages for that fight and had to re-do our strat with P2 adds, it went fine in the end but still. Blizzard saying they do not like to nerf/buff classes mid tier since that will ruin some peoples progression

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flandersson View Post
    Yea it sucked that they had to nerf Fire mid progression since we used to gear up 4 mages for that fight and had to re-do our strat with P2 adds, it went fine in the end but still. Blizzard saying they do not like to nerf/buff classes mid tier since that will ruin some peoples progression
    Thats the reason for PvP, it was never meant for PvE. And things were changed mid-tier/season in every patch since the game launched, so this is not even true for PvP.

Also, it is dumb to class stack or even gear up your alts to class stack in the first place. Your fault that you waste time on this, instead of exercising the boss how it was meant to be done.

hey flandersson, is there a macro for passing pure light to person who gets terrored in p2?? saw paragon video and whenever the dude was terrored he was just spamming a macro.

oh im going arcane for this :P always has been and will be
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

I'm using the macro below (along with grid) to pass to whoever i'm hovering over on grid at the time:

/tar mouseover
    /click ExtraActionButton1
    /targetlasttarget

Honestly though, you shouldn't really need to pass to anyone besides the people who are assigned to bouncing adds around, just use cooldowns when multiple healers are targeted by it.