LFD suggestion, might be silly, or QoL improvement, who knows?

I thought of this couple times, let me explain what it is and why would it be nice to have such a feature. (imo)
    Once you finish a random dungeon with strangers, grouped via LFD, a little window pops with their nicknames, and you can rank them 1 to 5.
    You could rank whatever you like, maybe that players' performance, maybe attitude, anything.
    If you rate him 1 - you will never (or extremely rarely) get grouped with him again (which is kinda already happening, you rarely see someone from another realm that you did a dungeon couple days ago).
    If you give him 5 - game automatically tries to group you with that person the next time you queue fort LFD (assuming you're not in that person's "1 list").
    Basically the lower number you give a player, the less chances you have to be grouped with him again.
    What does it solve?
    Well sometimes I get grouped with such players that i'd slap them xD And my ignore list isn't big enough to ignore everyone I really really disliked playing with.
    While other times I like some players really much, either I like their performance, or that they are nice guys/gals, etc., but I don't feel to know them SO good after one dungeon that I'd put them to my real ID friends list so I could group with them again.
    Opinions?
    Oh and inb4 someones says that would increase wait time by gazillions hours, I'd say the game should be looking for players from your list of "5s" for 10 sec, then 10 sec for "4s" etc. etc. and ~30 sec later would just queue you the normal way if nobody from you "preferred" list is available.

Well I like meeting new people when doing dungeons, so if there was an option to disable the matching system - i'd probably do it. However, I can see where you are coming from and some people might like to do dungeons with people whom they want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    to be honest I like this idea.

As you say there hardly a chance of you getting that guy again but if you do its a pain in the arse
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Also posted on official forums if anyone interested
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...80149?page=1#3

This seems like a good idea. Also maybe an option to put them on your buddy list with one quick click.

Please combine this with a grouping system that tries to limit deviations from the average iLvl of the group. When I queue for my daily HC I really don't want to get put in with people that have just dinged. If you've just dinged, the dungeons should still be challenging. I've seen it happen on many occasions where I'm playing with a healer that shouldn't really be able to do heroics at all, but because I basically need no healing in 5mans as a tank anymore (enraged regen and a healthstone and Im good :P), they get boosted through.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyy View Post
    Please combine this with a grouping system that tries to limit deviations from the average iLvl of the group. When I queue for my daily HC I really don't want to get put in with people that have just dinged. If you've just dinged, the dungeons should still be challenging. I've seen it happen on many occasions where I'm playing with a healer that shouldn't really be able to do heroics at all, but because I basically need no healing in 5mans as a tank anymore (enraged regen and a healthstone and Im good :P), they get boosted through.
    Yeah, cause fuck helping people. Look, I don't like dead weight either, and being that I can solo most any heroic I totally get where you're coming from, but let's be honest. These instances are not hard. Unless you're just trying to use them as tools to teach new players to play better, all this sentiment does is artificially inflate queue times for all people. I rarely run 5mans, and certainly need nothing from them, but when I do, either as ret or prot, I don't lord my DPS/survival over everyone else. Those that understand and work on getting better are bound by their gear, and those that dont understand or care will still not care.

Anyway, back on topic:

Touching on this a bit more, and taking from other games (like LOL), I would say that higher rankings should also contribute something to the person being ranked (either positively or negatively). So, say you are a LFD/LFR all-star, who does their job well and isn't a total douche, and frequently get scored at 4-5, you get something like 5-10 bonus VP per run (10-20 in LFR). If you score high enough, maybe even get to earn a satchel (like tanks/healers do sometimes)...would be nice for DPS to have a chance at this.

I would say that scoring low should have a negative effect, but honestly that would just facilitate trolls/assholes from ranking everyone at 1, to be a dick. I guess you could artificially rank people high as well, but you could disable voting for members of the same guild, to prevent "rating trading" in guild groups.

I like this idea, and think that maybe it could even return some sense of community and foster some "helpful advice" from folks rather than just "LOLNUB, VTK".
    Last edited by Nairobi; 2013-01-03 at 05:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post

Touching on this a bit more, and taking from other games (like LOL), I would say that higher rankings should also contribute something to the person being ranked (either positively or negatively). So, say you are a LFD/LFR all-star, who does their job well and isn't a total douche, and frequently get scored at 4-5, you get something like 5-10 bonus VP per run (10-20 in LFR). If you score high enough, maybe even get to earn a satchel (like tanks/healers do sometimes)...would be nice for DPS to have a chance at this.

I would say that scoring low should have a negative effect, but honestly that would just facilitate trolls/assholes from ranking everyone at 1, to be a dick. I guess you could artificially rank people high as well, but you could disable voting for members of the same guild, to prevent "rating trading" in guild groups.

I like this idea, and think that maybe it could even return some sense of community and foster some "helpful advice" from folks rather than just "LOLNUB, VTK".
    Very much agree with this. However the LoL community can be one of the worst at times as well. Combine that with the people who believe they are being forced to do things in WoW. Could make this become ugly. "Ugh I am being force to be nice to people and carry scrubs so I can valor cap quicker..."