Poll: What are you most anxious to see?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I'm hoping and guessing they will show the first peak at the new player models at Blizzcon, and that is the thing I've wanted most in this game going back to TBC's launch.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

The thing with WoW-expansion announcements is that it takes away from the supposedly awesome final patch of the current expansion. You just wanna hear more about the new expansion, whatever they show of the final patch just can't interest you as much as it should.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Deleted
    Blizzcon, over priced and not worth it unless you are a serious fan of blizzard and everything they put out on the market.

I know people who have gone to a few of them and they say if you are there for the 3 days you will get very bored very quickly. If you enjoy it great and all but in general nope.

Also with regard to titan, I work with someone who worked at the company.. it looks amazing but will be a very casual affair according to what he saw while still at the company. This isn't an OMG CASUAL LOLZ... just passing on some info I was given.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    If they were smart enough to see how other titles by Blizzard did, they would be smart enough to realize why pvp was unbalanced and not have an issue if it was a pvp focused game.
    Well the success of Diablo 3 is again working against them as far as knowing how their titles would do.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Mostly interested in D3 xpack, i've learned to be careful about overhyping things (Titan), and i'll still be too busy with MoP to care much about an expansion that is 8ish months away from release even at the time of Blizzcon.

Probably blizzard confirming what mmo-champion posted about a name being copyrighted.

Although I'm very curious about the next expansion for WoW, ultimately I would love to see some solid information released about the mysterious 'Titan' that we all know so very little about!

Diablo 3 is terrible why would anyone want an expansion lol. Anyway I expect talk of SC expansion, New character models and raids in Wow and unfortunately the D3 Auction House Simulator expansion. There will be nothing about Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Burning Legion Expansion (WoW)
    Released early 2014

Every second year we see a WoW expansion pack announced, and I very much doubt this year will be any different - particularly considering how they skipped Blizzcon last year. The only thing that could make this a wrong guess is if they decide to announce it earlier in the year and release it already around Blizzcon (assuming it is in the fall), to shorten the time between expansions.
    Think you're right about HotS and D3expac but not WoW. Too early for an announcement like that. I also think the ONLY reason everyone is convinced the next expansion will be Burning Legion focused is because there is no more pre-existing lore to explore. Which ignores the possibility they will just create new lore - which they have to do anyway because otherwise what the hell do we fight after the Burning Legion?

It's not just a WoW problem either. If we defeat the Burning Legion that's pretty much the end of the entire future Warcraft franchise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    If blizzcon is this year, it would be too soon to announce the new wow X-pac.

So gimme titan info :<
    Blizzcon is probably going to be in October 2013... That's almost a year from now...

It's the perfect time for a WoW expansion announcement. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I really really really want info on Titan. That's all I care about at the moment from Blizzard. WoW Expac seems to early.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Project Titan
    Released late 2014

This really is the difficult one. Blizzard's next-gen MMO has been in development for five years, and with every Blizzcon in recent years people have predicted its unveiling and been wrong. The fact that Blizzard took two years off from Blizzcon might suggest that they wanted to get to a certain point with the game before unveiling it, and that we'll see it this year. However, they've also said that they want to announce games closer to release nowadays in order to prevent disappointments and unfulfilled promises, so it's not entirely implausible that we won't see anything for another year or two.

Your turn!
    I expect that Titan will ONLY be announced depending on WoW subscription base numbers and Diablo III's RMAH returns.

If WoW's subs/D3's RMAH aren't doing well - they'll announce Titan for 2014

If WoW's doing well as well as D3's RMAH (which I don't believe is hitting expectations at all at Blizz) - they'll hold off of Titan.

WoW is currently their only source of revenue. When Titan was planned, they had 2 other planned "cash cows" for continual financial feed if anything happened to WoW - SC2's $$ Map store and D3's RMAH. SC2's real-money Map-store never materialized due to technical problems, and D3's RMAH kinda went bust because... well.. D3's development kinda went bust (so much for releasing things when they're "ready"...). That leaves all the revenue eggs still sitting in one basket - WoW.

Blizz will want a new cash-cow up and established just in CASE anything happens to WoW's subs... Lets face it, it's pretty damn amazing that they've gone this far (especially after Cataclysm! :P) after all these years - so they probably will NOT keep testing their luck without having a backup revenue source already in-place. :P

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 06:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    I really really really want info on Titan. That's all I care about at the moment from Blizzard. WoW Expac seems to early.
    Seems early ... right NOW...

Blizzcon isn't for at least another 10 months (...that's at LEAST 2-3 WoW content patches...)

I'd imagine by then you'll be itching for what's next on the horizon. :P

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 06:45 AM ----------

Incidentally - I do believe we'll see the D3 expansion pack announced at Blizzcon.... and may be the primary showcased item.

Despite its record first week sales, D3 has been VERY poorly received by those who bought it, and only a fraction of those 10 mill copies are still playing... and only a fraction of that fraction are probably buying things from the RMAH.

Blizz will probably want to "re-launch" Diablo III with an expansion to try to recapture those fans who are disenfranchised from its design in hopes to get more RMAH revenue in. Weither they can pull it off or not is a whole other story. :P
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-01-03 at 06:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    If blizzcon is this year, it would be too soon to announce the new wow X-pac.

So gimme titan info :<
    Why too soon? They announced Cata and MoP before the expansion's 1st birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Think you're right about HotS and D3expac but not WoW. Too early for an announcement like that. I also think the ONLY reason everyone is convinced the next expansion will be Burning Legion focused is because there is no more pre-existing lore to explore. Which ignores the possibility they will just create new lore - which they have to do anyway because otherwise what the hell do we fight after the Burning Legion?

It's not just a WoW problem either. If we defeat the Burning Legion that's pretty much the end of the entire future Warcraft franchise.
    No, the reason people think the Burning Legion is next expansion is probably because of the multiple clues and the fact Blizzard usually foreshadows future content with clues. There are at the moment multiple clues about the legion which are new, while there are no clues for anything else.

Here's a good list of clues, some from beta which seem to have been removed.

http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comm...rn-of-sargeras

Just because we fight the Legion again doesn't mean we destroy them. Just because Sargeras finally comes back doesn't mean he won't be around for multiple expansions when he finally does come back. And just because we kill Sargeras doesn't mean there's not room for future brand new characters and lore. There's a good chance the next expansion is Legion connected.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

This tweet gives me some hopes for Warcraft IV
    http://bit.ly/109p5LQ
    Go, go Metzen!