New Engineering Item Idea

So maybe not engineering but it'd seem like something they'd make. I know the logistics of adding this would be insane but imagine a pair of goggles that lets you see through other people's xmog. So we could see how people really look in their gear. THEY still look the same to them so it doesn't effect anyone but you. Thoughts?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poshadin View Post
    So maybe not engineering but it'd seem like something they'd make. I know the logistics of adding this would be insane but imagine a pair of goggles that lets you see through other people's xmog. So we could see how people really look in their gear. THEY still look the same to them so it doesn't effect anyone but you. Thoughts?
    I don't really understand the point. You want to see peoples ugly mis-matched gear rather then a nice matching set (even if its generic rogue Bloodfang over and over...)?

10+ Year Old Account
    why?

/10char

Deleted
    Well it could couse alot of issues (i know that devs would say that it would ), but other then that it is interesting idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyce223 View Post
    I don't really understand the point. You want to see peoples ugly mis-matched gear rather then a nice matching set (even if its generic rogue Bloodfang over and over...)?
    exactly. Half the time I forget what I look like without xmog. Nothing more than a novelty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillicis View Post
    why?

/10char
    Because gnomes and goblins, that's why :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting idea, although I'm not an engineer I support this idea, it could be cool use those glasses in Orgrimmar or Stormwind...

Uhm, by the way, your thread reminds me something... check out this: http://www.darklegacycomics.com/364.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poshadin View Post
    Doable, but if made, it would probs be a vanity item (white)
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Doable, but if made, it would probs be a vanity item (white)
    wouldn't be a problem if it was like the mist piercing goggles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    wouldn't be a problem if it was like the mist piercing goggles.
    Most likely wouldn't be, if I would guess. It would be something like the Jr. Engineer goggles.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Idea reminds me of one of the dark legacy comics

A bomb/grenade where everyone in range is temporarily untransmogged for a few minutes could be fun though.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason for me would be to easily identify who has low gear and who doesn't. Nowadays all I can do is look at a person his HP. And even that doesn't say much because they either can be: PvE geared with more HP or actually decent geared.

Reminds me of those beer goggles we can get during Brewfest (which I love).

I'm not all that interested in what gear others are wearing, so much as whether they're performing to a reasonable level. If they're not performing well, I don't care why - I just dislike them. Then I go about my day. Still - if it makes you happy, I won't object. The grenade idea sounds more fun to me. Perhaps limit it to people within a certain radius, and once they leave the area, their gear returns to mogged glory. Like the party grenade and train set, the people "controlled" would regain power over their character at will.

Sounds like a really fun novelty item that would be QQ'd about to no end and so would never see the light of day.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Sounds like a really fun novelty item that would be QQ'd about to no end and so would never see the light of day.
    What would there be to QQ about?

10+ Year Old Account
    what would be the point? So you can use it as an excuse to prejudge players based on the gear you see them wearing and prevent them from trying to gear up?
    #boycottchina

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's gearscore all over again...

[Hyperuseless Eyesore Viewers] would be a fitting name for them, considering how horribad raid sets look in MoP. Really, there is *zero* point to it. Inspect and shift click their equipped gear to see how it looks.