Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why do you do this to me, WoW?

I've played World of Warcraft on and off for about 6 - 7 years now. (Bearing in mind im 16 lol.) And i always go throught these stages where for about 4 months i'll be really interested in WoW, can't wait to get home from Sixth Form(College) and play some WoW but the one day i will get bored, running around on my shitty kodo on Orgrimmar roofs then i won't go on the next day and lose interest for about 4 months. Then one day i'll log back on do something fun and the viscous cycle start all over again.

Does anyone else do this? or something similar?

Just thought i'd share because i'm thinking of starting again but I'm gonna start again from scratch, looking for someone to RAF me but that's another story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happens every single day. Not new or even unusual.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We all have it OP as much as we hate to deny it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It happens. In fact, for one of the rare times my interest is waning right now. I'm playing Skyrim again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happens to everyone who's played it for long enough. Just four days ago I returned for the first time in about 7 months.

Deleted
    Thank god i'm not the only one...

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It happens. In fact, for one of the rare times my interest is waning right now. I'm playing Skyrim again.
    holy shit your location scared the shit outta me!
    ot: happens all the time

Happens to everyone, I'd expect.

I've been taking it "easy" myself when it comes to WoW for the past few weeks, since I don't have any gear rewards or anything I need from Shieldwall, and I haven't felt like doing dailies. I'm looking forward to raiding again tomorrow night when my guild gets back on schedule after the holidays, though!

College is a very good time to take a break from WoW. It'll be here once you've graduated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone gets it
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah happens to us all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to have that. But I stopped playing in early Cataclysm and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. Haven’t looked back since.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I love all the other games that I play. When I get bored of WoW I go play Dota or Witcher or League until I feel like playing WoW again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Story of my life. I generally play WoW in binges of 1-3 months at a time with breaks that can extend from a few months to almost a year recently.

I think it's part of the reason why I still love the game: I never really had a big "WoW burnout". Whenever I start feeling like I'm not having as much fun as I should, I pull the plug.

Deleted
    My god i'm so relieved at all of these replies.

Don't let it get to ya, it happens to the best.

Played hard in vanilla, about 3 months after launch. Hit 61 in Hellfire once BC came out and thought "... wow I'm bored out of my mind with this shit"

Returned a few months later, played until Wrath. Hit 80, raided through Naxx, got bored. Came back for ICC.

Cata launched. Raided BWD and got bored again. Came back right in time for my guild to clear Firelands. Damn.

Now... here I am! Switched from a Resto Druid to a Hunter hoping to "rekindle the fire" and it's worked well so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    We all have it OP as much as we hate to deny it.
    Why would I deny it? I threw several Arena seasons already because I just couldn't be bothered to log in anymore and lost any kind of interest.

Your recurring addictions and then subsequent waning interest and then recurring addictions once again are bad and you should feel bad.

Whelp... time to go level my fourth alt.

Yep, I go on and off all the time. I'll play consistently, then I'll abandon for months.

WoW didn't have this problem in the past for me, but pretty much late LK and on I've had this problem.

I'm playing Diablo 3 again after I was pretty sure I'd never play again >_>

It happens.

Aveline's amazing work!