Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    From a tank perspective:

New Ability - Unholy Blight
    40 Runic Power, 30 sec cooldown
    Surrounds the Death Knight with a vile swarm of unholy insects for 10 sec, causing X shadow damage every sec to nearby enemies within 15 yards. (Damage range similar to death and decay)

New 1st Tier Talent - Infestation (replaces unholy blight)
    Your Death and Decay and Unholy Blight now apply Blood Plague and Frost Fever to all affected targets.

New Ability - Blood Link (Blood Only)
    1 Blood, 20 yard range, 3 min cooldown
    Links to the target, causing 50% of damage taken by either player to be transferred to the other linked player. Lasts for 12 sec, players must remain with 20 yards of each other or the link will break.

New Ability - Blood Mirror (Blood Only)
    1 Blood, Channeled, 3 min cooldown
    Links to all nearby allies within 30 yards, causing 20% of all damage taken to be transferred to the death knight. Transferred damage is taken over 10 seconds once Blood Mirror ends, but cannot be absorbed or reduced. Players who move more than 30 yards away will break the link. Lasts 6 sec.
    Last edited by Sandrox; 2013-01-06 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    From a tank perspective:

New Ability - Unholy Blight
    40 Runic Power, 30 sec cooldown
    Surrounds the Death Knight with a vile swarm of unholy insects for 10 sec, causing X shadow damage every sec to nearby enemies within 15 yards. (Damage range similar to death and decay)

Your Death and Decay and Unholy Blight now apply Blood Plague and Frost Fever to all affected targets.

New Ability - Blood Link (Blood Only)
    1 Blood, 20 yard range, 3 min cooldown
    Links to the target, causing 50% of damage taken by either player to be transferred to the other linked player. Lasts for 12 sec, players must remain with 20 yards of each other or the link will break.

New Ability - Blood Mirror (Blood Only)
    1 Blood, Channeled, 3 min cooldown
    Links to all nearby allies within 30 yards, causing 20% of all damage taken to be transferred to the death knight. Transferred damage is taken over 10 seconds once Blood Mirror ends, but cannot be absorbed or reduced. Players who move more than 30 yards away will break the link. Lasts 6 sec.
    I like the unholy blight you have however the two blood skills are basically hand of sac and the pallies raidwall ability. which would yet again cause too much homogenization.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 02:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    (the following response is related to pvp)

Up strikes lower disease dmg, and YES bring back wandering plague, i really hate how i got my short stubby sword (malevolent gladiator sword, not gonna transmog because they are hard to get) and my HUGE SET (S12) and i go up to someone and throw out a wimpy strike (SS) that deals 5% of the opponents health (9k physical 5k shadow) while my diseases are doing 80% of my work, maybe my pet as well and my GCD is extremely fast thus making us unholys feel like a shadowy rogue with a pet (well, of course were squishy as well, but i don't want to get off to a different subject).

What i want is 1.5 GCD, i want to feel like a pain train going to throw out a massive scourge hit doing at least 40% of the opponent's hp as a crit with full cds and berserker buff with slow attacks, and for the love of mercy.... bring back desecration and lower disease dmg, its the only reason unholys are topping the charts, if not the arena charts.

Unholy's current play style is sooo crappy, its just hard to put into words (that was nothing what i just said in the above paragraphs).

lol...I understand you dont like SS hitting like a wet noodle...but...this is just too much lol.

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    lol...I understand you dont like SS hitting like a wet noodle...but...this is just too much lol.
    Well... if they removed necrotic strike (which i doubt they would) then SS would need to hit very hard, otherwise DKS don't have a counter for healing.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2013-01-07 at 02:23 AM.

Well... if they removed necrotic strike (which i doubt they would) then SS would need to hit very hard, otherwise DKS don't have a counter for healing.
    I say this laughingly...cause this would be GC's response...well you have two interupts...I DO agree that IF NS got taken out then SS would need to be buffed however I honestly don't see the point of even wasting runes on NS anymore. The healing is so over the top that its pretty pointless atm. Once they "fix burst" then "fix healing" maybe it will be useful but for now its a complete joke.

Death's Advance is baseline- Replaced with desecration
    Asphyxiate no longer replaces Strangulate
    Strangulate is now Free and off the GCD and the CD is reduced to at least 1.5m
    Pillar is free
    Fixes to tons of mobs that don't proc soul reapers haste when they die
    IBF is free
    Conversion no longer stops bonus RP generation
    Desecrated ground now applies to snares as well as CC

Quote Originally Posted by boyomarga View Post
    let obliberate get its bonus only from Frostfever.
    That would only benefit 2h frost for pvp...

This would even things out most likely. Would be easier to balance too:

• Remove the Obliterate damage bonus from Might of the Frozen Wastes and the Frost Strike damage bonus from Threat of Thassarian.
    • Increase Frost Strike-damage by 30% and Obliterate-damage by 10% for Frost passively. Let Obliterate ignore 15% armor per diseases on the target.

I want to use 2h because i miss 2h masterfrost a lot. But i can't stand having a weak Frost Strike. 2h has too much downtimne compared to DW too (pvp).

10+ Year Old Account
    I say this laughingly...cause this would be GC's response...well you have two interupts...I DO agree that IF NS got taken out then SS would need to be buffed however I honestly don't see the point of even wasting runes on NS anymore. The healing is so over the top that its pretty pointless atm. Once they "fix burst" then "fix healing" maybe it will be useful but for now its a complete joke.
    NS is great for pressure as Unholy, I don't know what you're talking about, are you reallly saying you just dump all your DRunes into SS in PvP as Unholy?
    Last edited by Saybel; 2013-01-07 at 01:22 PM.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

First off I only do RBGs and unholy CAN do decent but frost is much preferred for RBGs by me and my groups so my opinion is biased minyx.

However I just did napkin math using a test dummy. IF you get all 4 death runes onto the target then yes it is good pressure...however that is a HUGE if. You will be lucky to get a 2 stack with some of the better healers in the world. Damage wise on a dummy(not a player with resilience) was 26698 for NS vs 39315 for SS(including the shadow portion). Now I will say I am subjective to it, and as unholy I would probably run NS but as frost it's a complete waste of time. as frost My oblits(again on a dummy) hit for an average of 75900 vs 35542. This is in full pvp gear with 3 pieces of malevolent to go. So as I was speaking for frost and should have made it more clear in the post you quoted...for frost...yes NS is a complete waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    First off I only do RBGs and unholy CAN do decent but frost is much preferred for RBGs by me and my groups so my opinion is biased minyx.

However I just did napkin math using a test dummy. IF you get all 4 death runes onto the target then yes it is good pressure...however that is a HUGE if. You will be lucky to get a 2 stack with some of the better healers in the world. Damage wise on a dummy(not a player with resilience) was 26698 for NS vs 39315 for SS(including the shadow portion). Now I will say I am subjective to it, and as unholy I would probably run NS but as frost it's a complete waste of time. as frost My oblits(again on a dummy) hit for an average of 75900 vs 35542. This is in full pvp gear with 3 pieces of malevolent to go. So as I was speaking for frost and should have made it more clear in the post you quoted...for frost...yes NS is a complete waste of time.
    As Frost on single target you would still prefer to use the 2 DRunes for NS, it's definitely more healing required/rune used on anything higher than leather too, underneath that you would probably use them on obliterates if KM is procced though. It's purely an issue of the fact that healers can't randomly outheal it with instants (unless we're talking Holy Paladin, or NS from Shamans/Druids) so it causes them to stop healing for a few seconds while you do damage.

As Unholy, it causes flat out more pressure than SS in every situation where the target is being healed, it requires more healing to remove NS and heal up it's damage then it does to heal up a SS vs every armor class. Pooling 4 Death Runes and 10 BT Charges and unleashing them all at once with on use trinket/outbreak DoT refresh + Death Coils can force minor defensives from even sturdy classes, without costing you your use of gargoyle, and this effect is even bigger if your pet is under DT at the time.

Necrotic probably sucks hard in RBGs, but I have literally no interest in them either, so my viewpoint is just as biased.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post

• Remove the Obliterate damage bonus from Might of the Frozen Wastes and the Frost Strike damage bonus from Threat of Thassarian.
    • Increase Frost Strike-damage by 30% and Obliterate-damage by 10% for Frost passively. Let Obliterate ignore 15% armor per diseases on the target.

I want to use 2h because i miss 2h masterfrost a lot. But i can't stand having a weak Frost Strike. 2h has too much downtimne compared to DW too (pvp).
    2H has absurd downtime in pve too....I'm actually pretty tired of going 2-3 seconds with nothing to do in pve. In pvp I go blood tap so I control my burst to an extent as well as my downtime again to an extent but RE in pve is such crap...I really wish RC was good this tier..I'm expecting it will be(for frost at least) good in the next trier or possibly the one after for pve. I see haste potentially getting to absurd amounts within the next two tiers.

I never really liked unholy frenzy and really hoped that in mop they would change it, so my dream will be to see Unholy frenzy removed and instead Unholy get's a third disease as a dps cooldown....mm to be young and dream....

Remove dodge from tank gear for all plate tanks, it completely crap pie.

30 sec CD on Gnaw 1 min CD on Strang and Unholy is fine. Then redesign the entire Frost spec becuase it's stupid

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 12:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Huangar View Post
    I never really liked unholy frenzy and really hoped that in mop they would change it, so my dream will be to see Unholy frenzy removed and instead Unholy get's a third disease as a dps cooldown....mm to be young and dream....
    I'd support that idea. Frenzy is mostly used to get people out of CC anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    I'd support that idea. Frenzy is mostly used to get people out of CC anyway.
    False, it actually doesn't get you out of CCS, yes.... a cold truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post

You know that posting this 10 times per day doesn't make it any better?

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 03:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    AoE disease application with a low rune/runic power cost and pretty much no cooldown? Like that will ever happen

False, it actually doesn't get you out of CCS, yes.... a cold truth.
    I haven't my DK let alone Unholy a lot this patch, but doesn't the Frenzy get you out of Blind and Traps anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    I haven't my DK let alone Unholy a lot this patch, but doesn't the Frenzy get you out of Blind and Traps anymore?
    Nope, so that dmg dot that ticks for a 2% for every 3sec kinda screws you over.

Nope, so that dmg dot that ticks for a 2% for every 3sec kinda screws you over.
    fucking hell, why did they have to ruin it

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 04:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    You know that posting this 10 times per day doesn't make it any better?

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 03:04 PM ----------

AoE disease application with a low rune/runic power cost and pretty much no cooldown? Like that will ever happen
    Howling Blast wanted to say hello

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Im looking at it from a Blood point of view, and we already have that due to roiling blood. Just a different style.

Deleted
    Improved Unholy Presence now grants Haste instead of improved Attackspeed

aw man, that shit would be awesome