Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    this isn't technically in the bounds of this discussion but pl0x... i wish to do terrible, harmful things to every person that uses it in a serious manner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    "Rouge" for Rogue. Hate it.
    Guilty!! I'm GUILTY!!
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by Whatspostcount View Post
    "Bloodlust increses casting speed by X%"

I definately want to cast slower.
    While it is sloppy, there's nothing wrong with that statement. The spell in question is increasing the speed at which you cast spells, thus making you cast them faster. If it said that it increases casting time you would have a fair point.

My #1 hot button issue is your instead of you're. It just bugs me so much that you can't take the time to push two buttons and make your statement more legible and proper.

Deleted
    Duel Spec
    Duskwallow
    Enchancement Shaman
    Inscriptionist
    Paladan / Palidin
    Rouge
    Tailorer
    Transmorg
    Xmorg

While I'm not a grammar Nazi by any means (I always spell things wrong such as definately instead of definitely)

• Then / Than
    • There / Their / They're
    • Its / It's
    • To / Too
    • Your / You're
    • Wether / Whether / Weather

^ All time biggest annoyances in my head.....

And then just in general any lore figure (usually elven) I know the spelling of (Lor'themar Theron is my best example of that)

The list goes on and on and on
    Last edited by mmoc0af0a89901; 2013-01-01 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    While it is sloppy, there's nothing wrong with that statement. The spell in question is increasing the speed at which you cast spells, thus making you cast them faster. If it said that it increases casting time you would have a fair point.

My #1 hot button issue is your instead of you're. It just bugs me so much that you can't take the time to push two buttons and make your statement more legible and proper.
    You didn't even notice that they spelt "increases" and "definitely" incorrectly.
    Keep The Beats!

Quote Originally Posted by Chan View Post
    What's the most annoying clerical error/spelling mistake in wow chat?

Mine is that magic word for compare: THAN...It makes me so sad and mad when someone writes in chat: all herbs cheaper THEN ah
    All of them to be honest. There isn't a word used in chat that a 4th grader can't spell. I know some people have fat fingers, but not that many.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

'Oh wow, rouge is cool!" Yeah, I know, red is an awesome color.
    pl0x, plox, and any other purposely misspellings of "please." Really folks, it isn't that hard to type out "please."

Don't know that it's really a spelling mistake... but I HATE it when people put "pst" and think it means the sound you make before you want to whisper something to someone.

WTS "x", please PST!

/facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    All of them to be honest. There isn't a word used in chat that a 4th grader can't spell. I know some people have fat fingers, but not that many.
    Pretty much this for me. It's not like I fly into some sort of rage in chat or call people out on it, but the sheer amount of misspellings and wrong word/grammar errors in chat, forums, emails, and texting these days is very concerning to me.

I think my big one, though, is "alot."

My "alot" rage got a lot better after reading Hyperbole and a Half's "Alot" blog post.

10+ Year Old Account
    lose/loose
    too/to
    your/you're

I know they were all said already but basic spelling and grammar mistakes drive me insane.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalLordAtlas View Post
    You didn't even notice that they spelt "increases" and "definitely" incorrectly.
    Actually I did notice, just didn't care to comment on it since it wasn't relevant to the point I was making.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Pretty much this for me. It's not like I fly into some sort of rage in chat or call people out on it, but the sheer amount of misspellings and wrong word/grammar errors in chat, forums, emails, and texting these days is very concerning to me.

My "alot" rage got a lot better after reading Hyperbole and a Half's "Alot" blog post.

I actually make this one quite frequently (word avoidance ftw !) even after reading that ages ago, Very funny and I feel incredibly stupid afterwards

Adding :

• Quite / Quiet / Quiet
    Last edited by mmoc0af0a89901; 2013-01-01 at 10:35 PM.

Deleted
    Not that my grammar is correct as i'm not british/yankee, but i don't understand how difficult it is to type simple words right. My current favourite are "daylies" and "dreanai".

Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    Actually I did notice, just didn't care to comment on it since it wasn't relevant to the point I was making.
    Why did you quote it? And why did you say there was nothing wrong with the statement?
    Keep The Beats!

Deleted
    Dwarfs, Honor and Honour

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post

I always make this mistake for some weird reason. Guess it just doesn't seem natural or something.

Although I can't stand the phrase "a lot" anyways. There are so many other ways you can express yourself there. I care deeply about this. I am angry most of the time. It's raining pretty badly out there. Those are just a few examples. It's almost worst than saying "hella" all the time, like people tend to do in Cali Q.Q

Why did you quote it? And why did you say there was nothing wrong with the statement?
    Because there is nothing inherently wrong with the tooltip explanation for Heroism / Bloodlust. I didn't think it was necessary to point out the guy's flaws in spelling when I am trying to make him understand that the tooltip is actually correct grammar usage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan View Post
    What's the most annoying clerical error/spelling mistake in wow chat?

Mine is that magic word for compare: THAN...It makes me so sad and mad when someone writes in chat: all herbs cheaper THEN ah
    This is exactly what grinds my gears, I see this everywhere though "I'm better then you, you know, than again you already knew that", people know it's wrong - you can't seriously tell me people are actually taught this in school are they? Every time I see those words used like this, I die a little or I simply skip past reading what they have written because it's that annoying to see.

Others:

Are - r

You - u

For - 4

when - wen

Out of these, I can understand what someone is trying to say and if they're typing on a cellphone I can understand that sometimes there are limitations - but when typing on a keyboard (desktop, laptop etc)? if people are genuinely interested in what you have to say, they will wait for you to type it out!
    Last edited by Blockygame; 2013-01-01 at 10:44 PM.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

10+ Year Old Account
    Inscriptionist by far, Rouge is close second but I simply mock those people by telling them where to find said product . Blacksmith bothers me a little bit but that is me being picky in that blacksmiths deal specifically with iron and/or steel, the proper term would simply be smith. Wasnt and Wasent make me sad, few people actually use Wasn't. Grammar failure bothers me greatly.
    Your/You're
    Were/We're/Where
    There/Their/They're

Seeing someone ask "were is ____" is almost as bad as "we're is ____". My OCD extends to grammar and spelling errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thenamedosentfi View Post
    Dwarfs, Honor and Honour
    Well the honor/honour one is legit depending on where you are from

I honestly don't notice them all that much. As long as I get the meaning of whats typed typically it just translates in my head to mean what it means. Life at the end of the day is going to be really rough for you if a simple wrong spelling or grammatical error in a video game can annoy you. After all it is the internet where you have people that use different languages, are different ages, and are educated at very different levels from none at all to tipple PhD.