Thread: Noob needs help

Deleted

Noob needs help

Alright, I usually play FPS games but due to CS:GO being absolutely awful and B:OPS2 being fun for like the first map then I get really bored of the game and awful killstreaks, I need a good game to play casually. I play a bit of CS 1.6 here and there when I'm bored but it's pretty dead nowadays in terms of finding games and people to play with regularly plus I've played CS for a number of years so i'm pretty bored of it.

I played a game or two of LoL a year or so ago, unlocked Ryze since he seemed kind of easier to play but haven't really touched it since. It seems like a really popular/active game and seems like it does not have that insane learning curve that Dota2 has. I was wondering if you guys could give a noob like me any tips for getting into the game, like:

- What Champions are the most noob-friendly (how would you rank Ryze?)
    - What role/s are the most noob-friendly
    - Any info on binds (I'm using a Zowie EC2 if that matters in any way)
    - How should I start off playing the game
    - What info do I NEED to know to be quite effective

Due to being at university and a load of other things which keep me busy a little more nowadays, I don't have the urge to be a hardcore kind of player but I just want to be able to play casually and not suck basically haha.

Any of the 450 IP champs are starter friendly, my faves are Ashe and Sivir.

As for roles just play the game, for the first 10 levels or so roles are not important. Mid is easiest to play, with Jungle being the hardest in my opinion.

I dont keybind i find the standard binds fine.

Play a couple of bot games, then go straight in to blind pick pvp. Key reminder get yourself a thick skin, ignore what they say and focus on learning the game. LoL can have a toxic players but for the most part its not so bad. Just remember you can report them at the end of the game. Dont rage its only a game, so keep calm and play on.

This site has guides for champs by the pros http://www.solomid.net/

This to keep up with news http://www.surrenderat20.net/

And if you get time watch Twitch TV, best to watch are Scarra or Wingsofdeathx. Both of them explain what they are doing and why they do it, and answer questions from viewers.

Most of all get a thick skin.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    A few tips:

* Minions are extremely important.
    * Learn to last hit.
    * Don't play with locked camera.
    * Most guides assume people are lvl 30 w/ full runes and masteries and people able to farm well. Keep that in mind, as otherwise you might get frustrated a bit.
    * There's guides for generic gameplay as well, such "How to support/jungle", "what do newbies need to know" etc. They can be a good read.
    * Don't play Bot games until level 30. They're okay if you want a quick win of the day, but by level 10 you should've gotten rid of most smurfs anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hayz View Post
    Alright, I usually play FPS games but due to CS:GO being absolutely awful and B:OPS2 being fun for like the first map then I get really bored of the game and awful killstreaks, I need a good game to play casually. I play a bit of CS 1.6 here and there when I'm bored but it's pretty dead nowadays in terms of finding games and people to play with regularly plus I've played CS for a number of years so i'm pretty bored of it.

I played a game or two of LoL a year or so ago, unlocked Ryze since he seemed kind of easier to play but haven't really touched it since. It seems like a really popular/active game and seems like it does not have that insane learning curve that Dota2 has. I was wondering if you guys could give a noob like me any tips for getting into the game, like:

- What Champions are the most noob-friendly (how would you rank Ryze?)
    - What role/s are the most noob-friendly
    - Any info on binds (I'm using a Zowie EC2 if that matters in any way)
    - How should I start off playing the game
    - What info do I NEED to know to be quite effective

Due to being at university and a load of other things which keep me busy a little more nowadays, I don't have the urge to be a hardcore kind of player but I just want to be able to play casually and not suck basically haha.
    To be honest, unless you trust the MMO forums goers that much, ALL of the info you have requested is stickied on the LoL forums. Just like any forum you will find tons of trash in some of the sub categories, but if you ask for help there, or just read the sticky threads there, you will find tons of great info.

Find a friend to play with. Level up with him and learn the game with him. Makes it even more fun, and it's one less person to rage when you make a mistake.
    And as stated before, get a thick skin! There is a lot of trash talking in the game! But know that you can ignore the players that trash talk. In game, press "o" and the team panel comes up. To the far right of each champ is a white button with a talk bubble, press it, and that user is ignored. Helpes immensly! Hope you enjoy the game and catch on quickly!