Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Banned for 'Battleground Exploitation'

I've been running BGs for the better part of the day and was kicked offline and banned. The email doesn't say what I was exactly banned for. It just gave a short list of things I could have been banned for.

Granted it was only a 3-hour ban but it still sucks that this would happen with a service I'm paying for. Opened a ticket but of course it will not get answered for a couple days. My main concern is that this ban will not get erased from my record. I've been doing BGs in this game for years now and nothing like this has ever happened.

I'm wondering if this happened to anyone else? How does Blizzard usually handle these occurrences and are they good about removing bans on an account history?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

Were you afking at all during these BGs?

Deleted
    Some people have been banned for exploiting pre-made rules recently maybe you are considered as one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    This happened to me too a few years ago when i was leveling via bg's for a week, i was looking after my grandad at the time so if he wanted something i just had to drop what i was doing and go help him which happened multiple times during the day...However if you get a number of deserter statuses within a set time you get flagged for being suspicious which i wasn't aware of -.-

Type of Violation: PvP Arena/Battleground Exploitation
    Details of Incident: Exploitation of PvP Battlegrounds and the honor system
    Consequences for Account: Account suspended for 3 hours

Greetings,

This account has recently been identified as being involved in actions deemed inappropriate for World of Warcraft.

This may include, but is not limited to the following:
    * Use of add-ons, "mods", external hardware, or any unapproved third party software to automate gameplay.
    * Abuse of game mechanics or "bugs".
    * Any behavior that has been found to be outside the intent of the game.
    As you mentioned you might have had a few breaks when you could have received the AFK debuff which resulted in being removed from a battleground. The suspension you received is simply a result of this happening too many times, and is not something that would impact your account
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-01-01 at 11:28 PM.

Have you:

>Been afk or auto follow other players the whole time?
    >Been using "creative" methods to bypass the pre-made restricctions?
    >Been playing in exp-on bgs with your experience turned off?

Deleted
    Stop AFKing in BGs and this won't happen, and no one outside Blizzard knows if they remove stuff from your "record" or not, since no one else can access it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Were you attempting to grief your own faction in a BG and trying to throw the game as a result? Becuase it appears that's bannable. Happened to me once when I would attempt to pull the IoC boss out of his room, which enrages him and causes to one-shot everyone.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

While it's possible for Blizzard to ban people by mistake, there is nothing stopping you from fabricating your side of the story to garner support.

1) Think of all the things you were doing that you shouldn't have been doing.

2) Stop doing them.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Climbing on top of walls or buildings?

So things you can get banned for:
    -Going out of your way to help the enemy team win.
    -Not doing anything to help your team whatsoever. This includes not ressing, going to an out-of-the-way area by yourself while ignoring objectives, and staying stealthed near battles just to leech HKs.
    -Being AFK.
    -Abusing terrain in an unintended way. This one is somewhat subjective.
    -Trying to get a group of more than 5 players into the same normal battleground.
    -Being extremely, extremely disruptive in chat. I mean, you have to be a gigantic douchebag of epic proportions.
    -Griefing your own team with player abilities (Life Grip in front of a cliff, Life Swap a full-health flag carrier when you're extremely low, Hand of Protection on a Warrior teammate when he's popping his cooldowns, etc, etc)
    -Hacking and/or file manipulation.

That's all I can think of atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    So things you can get banned for:
    -Going out of your way to help the enemy team win.
    -Not doing anything to help your team whatsoever. This includes not ressing, going to an out-of-the-way area by yourself while ignoring objectives, and staying stealthed near battles just to leech HKs.
    -Being AFK.
    -Abusing terrain in an unintended way. This one is somewhat subjective.
    -Trying to get a group of more than 5 players into the same normal battleground.
    -Being extremely, extremely disruptive in chat. I mean, you have to be a gigantic douchebag of epic proportions.
    -Griefing your own team with player abilities (Life Grip in front of a cliff, Life Swap a full-health flag carrier when you're extremely low, Hand of Protection on a Warrior teammate when he's popping his cooldowns, etc, etc)
    -Hacking and/or file manipulation.

That's all I can think of atm.
    yet half of the things can be done with out a problem. because it is oke to not cap a flag while farming there gy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    yet half of the things can be done with out a problem. because it is oke to not cap a flag while farming there gy.
    No, it's not ok and can get you a suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    No you can not.
    GY farming is in no way against the ToS.

well then i have yet get a suspension for it. and then the gm was completly wrong. because was it happened to me and reported the guy the gm said. he could not do anyting about it. because he wasn't breaking any rules. like there is no rule to cap the flag asap when you got it..

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol jk, it's not bannable. If your team wasnt full of bads then you wouldnt get farmed. Simple. It's the same way spawn ganking a player in world zones isn't bannable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crass1096 View Post
    Lol jk, it's not bannable. If your team wasnt full of bads then you wouldnt get farmed. Simple. It's the same way spawn ganking a player in world zones isn't bannable.
    It's still a crappy way to BG. Bad enough I have to call PVP CCPVP and then graveyard camping...yeah that's....not very fun.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    It's still a crappy way to BG. Bad enough I have to call PVP CCPVP and then graveyard camping...yeah that's....not very fun.
    It is fun if you are doing it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately Blizzard deem this behavior to be acceptable, makes you wonder why, doesn't it? They should build in team penalties for this to be honest, the longer they farm there, the less honor at the end of a match, in fact, if a team decides to stay there, for every kill a member makes camping the GY, it should take 5 honor off everyone's total, call it a dickheads dishonorable action subtraction
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crass1096 View Post
    It is fun if you are doing it though.

Nah not really. I try to advocate NOT doing it. It's really pointless
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi