Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post
    Unfortunately Blizzard deem this behavior to be acceptable, makes you wonder why, doesn't it? They should build in team penalties for this to be honest, the longer they farm there, the less honor at the end of a match, in fact, if a team decides to stay there, for every kill a member makes camping the GY, it should take 5 honor off everyone's total, call it a dickheads dishonorable action subtraction
    Well you sort of do lose out on honour. The honour you get from 10 people in WSG is so dog that in the time you camp for 20 minutes you could win a whole 2 matches and get the win bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Crass1096 View Post
    It is fun if you are doing it though.
    I don't see how it's fun to absolutely destroy people with basically no opposition whatsoever. There's no challenge in that. It's the most fun when both teams are close to each other's skill level.

If enough players report you for being afk you get the automated 3 hour ban

You can be banned for afking in the AV cave.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to be careful with Blizzard. These days with Activision calling most of the shots they ban for anything and everything they feel like. Got banned in Wrath for making enough money to buy the 25 Saronites I needed for Shadow's Edge. They said I was exploiting the economy by buying low and selling high. (Hello Capitalism?)

A technicality is all they require to make your life a living hell.

While it'll eventually one day bite them in the tails form of negative reputation, it sucks for people who have friends and play the game for them. Especially when some of the Devs clamor on to level 1 alts and troll the hell out of your forum posts. My advice to people is to watch the game credits and if you see Blizzard Devs working on other titles, in 10 years- buyer beware.
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2013-01-02 at 08:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post
    Unfortunately Blizzard deem this behavior to be acceptable, makes you wonder why, doesn't it? They should build in team penalties for this to be honest, the longer they farm there, the less honor at the end of a match, in fact, if a team decides to stay there, for every kill a member makes camping the GY, it should take 5 honor off everyone's total, call it a dickheads dishonorable action subtraction
    That's how it used to work. Each subsequent kill on the same person within a short time period would yield less and less honor.

You can get banned for being AFK in BGs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Not doing anything to help your team whatsoever. This includes not ressing, going to an out-of-the-way area by yourself while ignoring objectives, and staying stealthed near battles just to leech HKs.
    If you got banned for this my account would have been at least ones in 8 years. Yet it has never been so i don't think this is true.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    I don't see how it's fun to absolutely destroy people with basically no opposition whatsoever. There's no challenge in that. It's the most fun when both teams are close to each other's skill level.
    When I've lost three or four battlegrounds in a row due to team ineptitude, I relish the opportunity to graveyard camp the enemy team if the opportunity should arise.

That being said, I don't AFK in the corner of the map in those situations... I'm usually the one death gripping them off their GY.

-Going out of your way to help the enemy team win.
    On another note, I've actually had this happen. Blatently. Some idiot joined into a level 90 BG wearing level 80 greens (all of the same name) and did nothing but rush into mid and die repeatedly. Reported for both helping the enemy team and suspected botting.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    It's still a crappy way to BG. Bad enough I have to call PVP CCPVP and then graveyard camping...yeah that's....not very fun.
    There's also the chance that they'll break the GY farm and comeback to win the game.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    I've been running BGs for the better part of the day and was kicked offline and banned. The email doesn't say what I was exactly banned for. It just gave a short list of things I could have been banned for.

Granted it was only a 3-hour ban but it still sucks that this would happen with a service I'm paying for. Opened a ticket but of course it will not get answered for a couple days. My main concern is that this ban will not get erased from my record. I've been doing BGs in this game for years now and nothing like this has ever happened.

I'm wondering if this happened to anyone else? How does Blizzard usually handle these occurrences and are they good about removing bans on an account history?
    Well, im not the big PvP fan. But, ive done some BGs every now and then. And from what i see, without judging you at all. Are you yelling at people, calling them retards, or idiots or something?

Do you have a /spit macrod in to ever offensive ability that you got?

Stuff like that is what i see in almost every BG i join.
    That and bots

Again, im not judging you for doing that. I just hope to see some ban waves going on soon, against people doing stuff like taht

they wouldnt ban you for afking without messaging you first if you were online. At least thats how they did it when i was coughafkingcough . I caught the message and just responded, and all was well in the world of afkcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barkong View Post
    they wouldnt ban you for afking without messaging you first if you were online. At least thats how they did it when i was coughafkingcough . I caught the message and just responded, and all was well in the world of afkcraft.
    I haven't seen that in years. Since they added the auto-report function.

Were you grinding AV a lot during the AV CTA and defending towers a lot?

Happened to me, I was not AFK (And never would AFK because I'm paranoid as hell) but apparently people see my low damage (Defending towers but no Horde come, so no damage) and start reporting me AFK. During the weekend I got the debuff a couple times and had to run out of the tower just to go fight and clear it. Never got fully kicked out of the game, but still got the email.

If you've genuinely done nothing wrong, contact them and you'll get unbanned.

Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    You can get banned for being AFK in BGs?
    just going afk from time time probebly not.

but auto run then(alt tab)release spirit(alt tab)then auto run again till the bg is over. then do that a few matches and you will have a ban for using a automatic running addon or program. happened to me a few times till i got a final warning......

and blizzard should really flag a account for a xh suspension. and let it kick in when you want to log on. not when the gm logs on.
    so funny to see a 3h ban at night time...

Deleted
    iam gonna assume you were afk leeching and boting in these bgs which is good becouse it shows blizzard is finaly taking action to this behavior thats been ruining bg after bg.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    If you've genuinely done nothing wrong, contact them and you'll get unbanned.
    did you even read the op? he had a 3h ban. they won't removes suspension.(cost them to much work)

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nemerus View Post
    iam gonna assume you were afk leeching and boting in these bgs which is good becouse it shows blizzard is finaly taking action to this behavior thats been ruining bg after bg.
    they have been taking action all the time. its just most people don't tell it on the forum.
    i had a sustension in tbc for doing it.

Yeah I got banned twice during AV weekend, once for 3 hours and once for 3 days. I was taking my DK directly to my boss (I'm alli) and just death gripping people into the room. But people always say 'report the people up north', mainly targeted at AFKers in the cave, but I always get reported, too.

Never been banned before this week, Blizz must have changed the way to hand out bans.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    This happened to me too a few years ago when i was leveling via bg's for a week, i was looking after my grandad at the time so if he wanted something i just had to drop what i was doing and go help him which happened multiple times during the day...However if you get a number of deserter statuses within a set time you get flagged for being suspicious which i wasn't aware of -.-
    Yeah this happened to me as well some time in wotlk I believe, 3 hour ban because I got a certain amount of deserter buffs during a day.