1. #1

    How have most of you been openning these days? (fury)

    Personally, I've been using the following openner:

    Charge + Zerker rage -> CS (crit most likely, 2x RBs loaded) -> RB -> RB -> HL+BT -> DR. Getting some ridiculous burst with this, upwards of 330-350k most of the time. CDs are obv popped, and HS being used when rage permits

    I'd like to hear your openners. I used to open with BT, but I was talking to some other warriors who use this one and it seems to be pretty decent. At least to me.

    Just wanting to know how the rest of you open up. My openner focuses less on RBs and more on getting higher bloodbath stacks / initial burst (since a majorty of the abilities used are our hard hitters).

  2. #2
    Charge>zerker>BT>(if RB procced use it) if not wait> BB+banner>dragons roar>Reck>BT>CS>RB>BT>RB>RB
    Pretty much the most optimal way to open.

    Your opener is flawed because you waste a GCD of reck when you use DR. Not only is it inside of a CS but also inside of a RECK, when it already bypasses all armor and has a 100% chance to crit. Also, you depend on your CS to crit and give you a RB proc, which can be unreliable.

  3. #3
    My opener on most fights:

    Countdown - 5 > 4 > 3 - Battle shout while wearing T12 + re equip normal gear (I do this at 3 to be safe in case some asshole pulls early to avoid being stuck in T12) > 2 > 1.5 > Potion > 1 > Charge > BT > Zerker rage if BT didn't crit, if BT crit then save Zerker rage for later > Bloodbath + Skull banner + Blood fury + Dragon Roar + Deadly Calm > Recklessness > CS > RB > HL > BT > RBx2 all while HSing as much as rage allows.

    If the initial BT crits and your CS crits then you get 3 RBs in your CS. CSing first without Reck up means it will most likely not crit

    If everything goes right then I will burst to 400-450k, sometimes even near 500k

    By everything going right I mean: Initial BT crits, CS crits, all 3 RBs crit in the CS window, your heroic leap also crits and most of your heroic strikes crit. If Leap doesn't crit you won't burst nearly as high (crits for 350k-400k+), it always makes me crazy when leap fails to crit during recklessness with all your cooldowns up.


    Edited opener so people can stop critiquing it

    Full optimization acquired!
    Last edited by Gromnak; 2013-01-03 at 11:05 AM.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurimlinn View Post
    Charge>zerker>BT>(if RB procced use it) if not wait> BB+banner>dragons roar>Reck>BT>CS>RB>BT>RB>RB
    Pretty much the most optimal way to open.

    Your opener is flawed because you waste a GCD of reck when you use DR. Not only is it inside of a CS but also inside of a RECK, when it already bypasses all armor and has a 100% chance to crit. Also, you depend on your CS to crit and give you a RB proc, which can be unreliable.
    I can unreliable, but it crits a fair amount of the time, plus if it doesn't I can just easily go back to my original openner. I've been experimenting which is why I even made this thread. But about the DR being inside CS, CS itself triggers a 1.5 GCD and lasts 6 seconds. countt he GCDs up to DR, it wears off as soon as that dragong roar goes off. it's not under its effect

  5. #5
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,472
    Assuming an optimal pull,

    Charge > Fish 2x RB Charge, Pool Rage > Wait for trinkets to proc if they haven't already > Bloodbath, Recklessness Synapse Springs, Skull Banner > Heroic Leap into Dragon's Roar > Colossus Smash > Spam Heroic Strike and RB RB BR RB, continue to press as much damage into Bloodbath as I can.

    Would probably show up better in a sim to move recklessness and heroic leap to after DR, but I have a tempermental mouse and it is just easier to roll dragon roar right after a heroic leap.
    they say that doors open up soon as you find the missing key
    that’s probably why I’m in this bitch shining
    jump up in the sky and put the stars into alignment
    I rep the ATF in case you need to be reminded
    and the bandwagon's full but you can try an' run behind it

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Laundry View Post
    it's not under its effect
    As a matter of fact there is a small delay for the application of the debuff, which is also the reason why you are able to get for example 4 executes in a CS. Even if you don't count that, it doesn't remove the fact that it's still inside reck.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gromnak View Post
    If the initial BT crits and your CS crits then you get 3 RBs in your CS. CSing first without Reck up means it will most likely not crit
    The problem here is that your CS will not add a RB stack in this scenario since you are already capped at 2 from Berserker Rage + initial BT crit. My suggestion would be that you wait and see if your initial BT crits or not before hitting BR, because if it does you will be enraged for the DR and the following reck (non-glyphed) makes the CS a very likely crit leading to a second stack of RB. This could save you the BR entirely, while still maintaining the same opener in case your opening BT crits.
    Last edited by Delath; 2013-01-01 at 11:51 PM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Delath View Post
    As a matter of fact there is a small delay for the application of the debuff, which is also the reason why you are able to get for example 4 executes in a CS. Even if you don't count that, it doesn't remove the fact that it's still inside reck.



    The problem here is that your CS will not add a RB stack in this scenario since you are already capped at 2 from Berserker Rage + initial BT crit. My suggestion would be that you wait and see if your initial BT crits or not before hitting BR, because if it does you will be enraged for the DR and the following reck (non-glyphed) makes the CS a very likely crit leading to a second stack of RB. This could save you the BR entirely, while still maintaining the same opener in case your opening BT crits.
    Yeah, my first BT usually never crits, but I suppose there would be no harm in waiting to see if it does before using BR to ensure that my dragon roar will be used while enraged.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Laundry View Post
    I can unreliable, but it crits a fair amount of the time, plus if it doesn't I can just easily go back to my original openner. I've been experimenting which is why I even made this thread. But about the DR being inside CS, CS itself triggers a 1.5 GCD and lasts 6 seconds. countt he GCDs up to DR, it wears off as soon as that dragong roar goes off. it's not under its effect
    You can get 4 GCD's off during every CS debuff, if you can't then you are doing something wrong. You optimally want 3 RB, 1 BT, and as many HS as possible inside every CS for max damage.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurimlinn View Post
    You can get 4 GCD's off during every CS debuff, if you can't then you are doing something wrong. You optimally want 3 RB, 1 BT, and as many HS as possible inside every CS for max damage.
    Wasn't it confirmed in cata that 4 gcds in a CS was impossible because of lag and small delay between gcds not making you hit your abilities exactly at 1.5seconds and always having a couple milliseconds delay even while spamming the crap out of your buttons? Using custom lag tolerance option in the game u could fit in 4 executes in a cs due to execute not having a cd and how CLT works (abilities on cooldown can not be qeued up until the cooldown finishes, which makes it not work with bloodthirst since it is always on cooldown). I guess you could delay bloodthirst for one gcd before CS if you already had 2 raging blows to make it not be on cd for CS, but Im not sure if its worth it because doing so will make you lose rage.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkkan View Post
    Wasn't it confirmed in cata that 4 gcds in a CS was impossible because of lag and small delay between gcds not making you hit your abilities exactly at 1.5seconds and always having a couple milliseconds delay even while spamming the crap out of your buttons? Using custom lag tolerance option in the game u could fit in 4 executes in a cs due to execute not having a cd and how CLT works (abilities on cooldown can not be qeued up until the cooldown finishes, which makes it not work with bloodthirst since it is always on cooldown). I guess you could delay bloodthirst for one gcd before CS if you already had 2 raging blows to make it not be on cd for CS, but Im not sure if its worth it because doing so will make you lose rage.
    I never played in Cata and this isnt Cata so things may be different. But you can get 4 GCD's into every CS, the last one coming up right as the debuff ends. You should always have 1 RB proc before the BT that comes before a CS, you never want 2 because then your wasting possible procs. You can have 2 proc's before you use CS however because CS is very unreliable in terms of gaining a proc.

  11. #11
    you can get 4 attacks in a CS.

    i just do it simple

    pot/shout/charge etc
    BT + all CDs (because i'm lazy)
    CS
    RB
    BT
    RB
    RB
    BT
    RB
    RB (zerker rage)
    BT
    HSs whenever to stop from capping

    If CS doesn't crit (50-50 chance, based on gear), i just move berserker rage up, and my last RB is replaced with shockwave or dragon's roar.


    probably not the best, but i like it, and it's easy
    Last edited by asharia; 2013-01-03 at 12:10 PM.

  12. #12
    Any reason for not starting with HL and DR? Also why not put BT inside of Reck and CS?

  13. #13
    Mechagnome Requiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ
    Posts
    532
    I do
    BT---wait (pool rage, bt charges)---dr + every cd but reck---reck + bt---cs---rb---bt---rb---rb then continue as normal

  14. #14
    1) BT
    2) (Rage Berserker if BT didn't crit)/Skull banner/Bloodbath/(Trinket if the /use doesn't give Crit) + Dragon Roar
    3) Recklessness/Deadly Calm/(Trinket if the /use gives Crit) + CS
    4) (Rage Berserker if I haven't 2 stacks of RB) + RB
    5) BT
    6) RB
    7) RB

    If neither the first BT and the first CS crit, I just skip the first RB (step 4).
    Obv, I spam as much HS as I can during the CS debuff.

    Basically, DR is our spell with the greater DPE so you want to use it with all cds up except for crit ones. Then, RB is another spell with a very high DPE so you want to use it three time with all buffs u

    Quote Originally Posted by Gromnak View Post
    My opener on most fights:

    Countdown - 5 > 4 > 3 - Battle shout while wearing T12 + re equip normal gear (I do this at 3 to be safe in case some asshole pulls early to avoid being stuck in T12) > 2 > 1.5 > Potion > 1 > Zerker rage + Charge > BT > Bloodbath + Skull banner + Blood fury + Dragon Roar > Recklessness > CS > RBx2 > HL > BT > RB all while HSing as much as rage allows.
    We have nearly the same opening but you make two errors.
    If you use Berzerker rage you way you may lose a RB proc, it's bad.
    You do RB-RB-BT-RB instead of RB-BT-RB-RB, so you just delay BT even more than me without any good reason to do so.
    Last edited by Senen; 2013-01-03 at 10:06 AM.

  15. #15
    Doing exactly what Senen does (except swap synapse insted of trinket) and it works wonders.

  16. #16
    One of my buddies has been telling me the following:

    Charge + Bloodbath + Banner, DR, Recklessness, BT, CS, RBx2, Zerker + RB.

    Seems like the burst would be amazing, except im having a hard time executing it properly. Need to practice it more.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •