Poll: Class that has most potential

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Class that has the most potential for becoming powerful

This is not what is the most powerful class thread it is which class can become the most powerful.

Warlock - Warlocks are on the quest to become more powerful they always want more I believe it is this drive to become the strongest that makes them the most powerful they will give up mostly anything to achieve it ex Kil'jaeden, Archimonde, and Gul'dan some of the strongest beings ever encountered are warlocks. Need I say more

While I'd usually Agree that Warlock is the most obvious choice, Tirion was strong enough to shut down the Lich King and forcibly resurrect a room full of people who were just "commanded to die." Worse yet, he's pretty old and never seemed to be that obssessed with increasing his power in the timeline that Wrath takes place in.

Imagine someone like Kaelthas had he chosen to become a Paladin instead of a very generalized Mage.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Warlocks and paladins
    followed by shaman and priests

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages. Guardians of Tirisfal are the most powerful mortals in Azeroth. Aegwynn was able to defeat the avatar of Sargeras.

Rogues, cause I like picking the most absurd option.

Tie between Druid, Mage, Priest, and Shaman.
    Malfurion, Jaina, Tyrande, and Thrall could wreck an entire planet, with ease, if they were so inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Tie between Druid, Mage, Priest, and Shaman.
    Malfurion, Jaina, Tyrande, and Thrall could wreck an entire planet, with ease, if they were so inclined.
    Gul'dan DID wreck an entire planet, and he was a warlock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haplo17 View Post
    That was Ner'zhul, and he was a Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    All of the magical classes are powerful in their own way. Some are better at widespread destruction, while others are more powerful in a one on one situation. Warlocks, mages, druids, shamans are probably the best at widespread destruction, while monks, pallys, DKs, and priests are probably best in one on one.

Monks are surprisingly strong, I think. It depends on how you define power really.

Sure, a Shaman could wreck the ecosystems of an entire planet, but how long would it take to do? Would not the Monk be able to sneak in and punch the Shaman in the face before they do any serious damage?

And who would win in a 1v1 fight? Or 1v1000?

I mean, lorewise pit a Paladin against the undead horde and that paladin will slaughter entire armies. Especially if they're wielding Ashbringer. But if you ask that same Paladin to kill an innocent child, they can't do it. Seems pretty weak to me. Or not?

To go back to the Monk thing though... If you've done the quests in Kun'lai that lead into Townlong, you'll have done a quest where you need to visit the corpses of 3 Monks of the Shado-Pan. Sure, they died... But they took down hundreds of Yaungol before finally succumbing. Those guys are utter badasses.

There are so many variables that it's impossible to figure out which single class is the most powerful, or has the potential to become the most powerful. You can make arguments for almost any class, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing about shamans is that their power isn't really their own, they borrow it from the elemental spirits. Sure, shamans can do some crazy shit with the elements, but if the spirits say no, it's tough titties for the shaman. Unless of course he's a dark shaman, but I would consider that a different class from your traditional shaman.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-01-02 at 10:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I mean, lorewise pit a Paladin against the undead horde and that paladin will slaughter entire armies. Especially if they're wielding Ashbringer. But if you ask that same Paladin to kill an innocent child, they can't do it..
    And then a Deathknight comes along and stabs him to death. on a serious note, it's more of a pokemon deal than a supreme power deal. Death knights can steal and control life power, raise things from the death and whack things hard. But they're directly balanced by Paladins and priests.

Warlocks are supremely powerful, but again, countered by Paladins and Deathknights whos rune magic traps and stops even the devastating fel magic of a warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Monks are surprisingly strong, I think. It depends on how you define power really.

Sure, a Shaman could wreck the ecosystems of an entire planet, but how long would it take to do? Would not the Monk be able to sneak in and punch the Shaman in the face before they do any serious damage?

And who would win in a 1v1 fight? Or 1v1000?

I mean, lorewise pit a Paladin against the undead horde and that paladin will slaughter entire armies. Especially if they're wielding Ashbringer. But if you ask that same Paladin to kill an innocent child, they can't do it. Seems pretty weak to me. Or not?

To go back to the Monk thing though... If you've done the quests in Kun'lai that lead into Townlong, you'll have done a quest where you need to visit the corpses of 3 Monks of the Shado-Pan. Sure, they died... But they took down hundreds of Yaungol before finally succumbing. Those guys are utter badasses.

There are so many variables that it's impossible to figure out which single class is the most powerful, or has the potential to become the most powerful. You can make arguments for almost any class, really.
    Not to mention monks killed the thunder king, who is saidd to be nearly god-like in power.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    While I'd usually Agree that Warlock is the most obvious choice, Tirion was strong enough to shut down the Lich King and forcibly resurrect a room full of people who were just "commanded to die." Worse yet, he's pretty old and never seemed to be that obssessed with increasing his power in the timeline that Wrath takes place in.

Imagine someone like Kaelthas had he chosen to become a Paladin instead of a very generalized Mage.
    Tirion had a weapon that was made from the life of a Naaru. I think that's what won him the battle over the Lich King.
    Also, I thought Arthas' ghost father resurrected the room full of heroes, not Tirion.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Gul'dan was a warlock, and he was so powerful that even his skull held enough residual power to transform Illidan from a (powerful) night elf to a demon who fought toe-to-toe with Arthas.
    Last edited by Meleti; 2013-01-02 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Tirion had a weapon that was made from the life of a Naaru. I think that's what won him the battle over the Lich King.
    Also, I thought Arthas' ghost father resurrected the room full of heroes, not Tirion.
    Yeah, it was the spirit of Arthas' father. Says so on the 'x wants to ressurect you' tooltip!

Also, to reply in more depth to the person you quoted: Kael'thas probably wouldn't have been able to become a Paladin. The humble, self-sacrificing nature is almost necessary to be a Paladin and wield the power of the Light. So paradoxically, anyone who seeks out power for its own sake and aims to become strong by becoming a Paladin... Wouldn't be able to be a Paladin.

This is how Arthas was able to be manipulated into becoming a Death Knight, and eventually the Lich King. He was never thinking about himself and what might happen to him: he was only thinking about saving his people, by any means necessary. He thought vengeance was the right path to that. He, unfortunately, thought wrong.

But I'm getting off topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin I would say, not because I play one, but because we've seen some incredible stuff happen when the light is involved and I think Paladins, the holy warriors, have the brains and the brawn to wield that kind of power. Nothing against priests but Paladins have that extra martial ability. A code of honor to follow too that makes them unfaltering in their mission. To be fair fel and arcane powers are very powerful too, this true. Yet they can be very unstable and chaotic but we've never seen the light get out of hand. Having both the power and conviction to wield it I think separates Paladins from others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Druids have the most potential to be powerfull, simply because theyare lacking so far behind, that it's impossible to make them worse..

Ups, I seem to have been saying this, since we lost out green armor numbers, back in WotLK pre-patch, and we've been nerfed, in almost every patch since then..

warlock-gul'dan created the first death knights. he raised the tomb of sargeras. kiljaeden and archimonde are also warlocks.
    mage-aegwynn. council of tirisfal. azshara.
    shaman-nerzhul,thrall.
    death knight-arthas. the lich king arthas.
    paladin-uther, tirion, paladin arthas, turalyon

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo17 View Post
    Nerzhul blew it up, he's a shaman. Warlocks, even the most powerful of them, rely on manipulation to get their way.

Not to mention monks killed the thunder king, who is saidd to be nearly god-like in power.
    touch of karma, diffuse magic, touch of death!

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 09:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    Gul'dan was a warlock, and he was so powerful that even his skull held enough residual power to transform Illidan from a (powerful) night elf to a demon who fought toe-to-toe with Arthas.
    The skull's residual power corrupted Felwood into the heap of crap it is today (it was once part of Ashenvale), Illidan consumed its power entirely, to transform into a demon, the little bit thats left increased the power of an adventurer who wielded it by a decent amount but thats about it.

Corrupting a forest that looked like Ashenvale into what looks like Felwood with demonic magic isn't hard to do however, all it takes is a satyr, some night elf blood, a little fel magic and the heart of the forest; Horde almost did that to Ashenvale but the heart of the forest was cleansed before corruption could take root or spread