Mistweaver discussion

So I'm lvling my first monk (50 atm) and i was just curious, i hear monks are no good right now at arenas and such. BUT, i'm curious what about RBG's? what's their strengths and weaknesses? I dont wanna hear roll an hpal, shaman ect, cuz i have a 90 both, but monks are fun lol. So just curious on thoughts?

Emphesis: NOT going to arena, strictly RBG

It seems to me at this lvl (altho i know it means nothing lol) that they have semi good mobility, CC is lacking, strong heals, pretty good AoE heals

15+ Year Old Account
    If we get to setup our suriviablity is okay with teleport, if not it is not the best. Our healing is fine, you should have no trouble keeping up with other healers. Our cc/utility is our weakest link though, it is not really even worth it to cast paralyze.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I play at a somewhat okay level right now on my misty in RBGs (Meaning above 1700), and the healing is great as long as you remember that you will literally (Yes I've checked) OOM in under 6 seconds if you don't pay attention to using chi as soon as it's up and mana tea on CD. Even while stacking as much spirit as possible. But I've always been top 2 in heals, and top in dispels (Thank you revival).

I agree that the survivability is.... meh... it's really not that great, but it works... I guess. I wouldn't even spec into deadly reach. Instead take leg sweep for helping to peel melee off of you while chi torp and tele are on CD. And just to help cc in general.

If you hate being cced, you're going to hate monk in any competitive PvP. You have NO cc breakers aside from tiger's lust and trink, so you just sit in 20 second cc chains. Or if you're lucky like me, 20-40 second cc chains.

Mistweaver isn't horrible, but you're easily replaced with the typical set-up of: HPal, Resto Sham, or Resto Druid. I'm not telling you to re-roll, just don't expect your monk to be as good as it is at lower levels.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aherooffools View Post
    I play at a somewhat okay level right now on my misty in RBGs (Meaning above 1700), and the healing is great as long as you remember that you will literally (Yes I've checked) OOM in under 6 seconds if you don't pay attention to using chi as soon as it's up and mana tea on CD. Even while stacking as much spirit as possible. But I've always been top 2 in heals, and top in dispels (Thank you revival).

I agree that the survivability is.... meh... it's really not that great, but it works... I guess. I wouldn't even spec into deadly reach. Instead take leg sweep for helping to peel melee off of you while chi torp and tele are on CD. And just to help cc in general.

If you hate being cced, you're going to hate monk in any competitive PvP. You have NO cc breakers aside from tiger's lust and trink, so you just sit in 20 second cc chains. Or if you're lucky like me, 20-40 second cc chains.

Mistweaver isn't horrible, but you're easily replaced with the typical set-up of: HPal, Resto Sham, or Resto Druid. I'm not telling you to re-roll, just don't expect your monk to be as good as it is at lower levels.

I tried Leg sweep but it's range is bad and sometimes it does not even work. The thing I have found is that it is uplift that ends up making me go oom, so I use it less. One of the best things about monks is that our damage output is much higher then the other classes are, so we can go a little more offensivly as others can.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose