10+ Year Old Account

HoL mass-botting may be coming back.

So for anyone who didn't see/follow the original story, it's here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7199031751

During raid tonight, during a break, I started /who random people/classes just for fun. When I did a /who 85, I saw a strangely large amount of 85 Paladins in Halls of Lighting. /who 85 Paladin gave me this: http://i.imgur.com/NymHj.jpg

I flew out there to check it out and saw about 22ish level 85 Paladin bots entering and leaving the HoL entrance in about a span of 2 minutes.

Blizzard seriously needs to know about this (again), because the amount of bots that were present the first time around was absolutely unacceptable. Now it's not at that level, not even close, but I fear that if this problem isn't dealt with quickly, it will eventually.

I made a thread on the official forums about it: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415606870

If you see any on your realm, report them for cheating/botting, email Blizz, and/or sent in a GM ticket.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

tl;dr nerf paladins

Infracted. Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-01-02 at 01:36 PM.

Wait, they stopped those bots? I thought they genuinely didn't give a shit, as evidenced by the BG bot problem which has been going on for years at probably the same scale if not greater (it sure feels that way when you see 70+ bots in a 80 man BG, all on /follow with each other, running in circles in stupid locations).
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Okay, I've forgotten why so I figure I'll just ask. Halls of Lightning? If so, why would they bother?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Okay, I've forgotten why so I figure I'll just ask. Halls of Lightning? If so, why would they bother?
    i believe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    *vid snip*i believe?
    Yes, this is the main reason. HoL I believe is one of, if not the best, place to get a profit for bot farming (gold:time ratio is the highest of any dungeon).
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Why 85 paladins and not 90 paladins? What is going on in there? o.O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirty999 View Post
    simple older hacked accounts.

Why 85
    It's cheaper
    -don't have to buy MoP upgrade

more efficient
    -takes almost as long to level through Pandaria as it does 1-85

overpowering it even more with lv90 doesn't get you anything
    -5 instance/hour limit

As for why Paladins, automation doesn't have to be as sophisticated for various reasons (many ranged instants, combo points stored on character), dumb self-heals don't cost much in DPS or affect rotation (SS, SoI, DS glyph).
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    I live in a magical world in which it takes me three or four times as long to get to 85 as it does to dance through Pandaria.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    more efficient
    In the words of Unicron, YOU EXAGGERATE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    what the hell is in halls of lightning

I'm just going to assume you guys have never heard of RAF multiboxing.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    The question is not what is in HoL, it's pure RAW GOLD. For the bot the question is which instance gives the max. gold per hour and simplest dungeon layout for AI pathfinding. The bots are simply programmed to vendor everything they pick up in the dungeon.

It's not efficient for any human being to farm these instances, because 1.) you don't have hundreds of (stolen) accounts and 2.) you'll die out of boredom by your 50th or so farming run.

It's not just Halls of Lightning. It used to start with Dire Maul. Botanica bots have been going on for years, and recently I have seen lots of 80 hunter bots farming Hellfire Citadel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirty999 View Post
    Scroll of Resurrection accounts. If you go look they all have on the 232 gear. Same with a place in Hyjal where botters go. 1g per mob killed, insta respawn.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    It's not efficient for any human being to farm these instances, because 1.) you don't have hundreds of (stolen) accounts and 2.) you'll die out of boredom by your 50th or so farming run.
    Not to mention that this doesn't necessarily work on every server as those eternals might require being relisted several times before they even sell as we've passed the point where people want them for anything other than leveling and a single day's botting of HoL would apparently cover the mats for dozens if not hundreds of people to level any profession through Wrath content.
    [What's half of minor?]

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't think Blizzard cares about Bots that much anymore...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    The most gold per time is in HoL.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If Blizz does anything about this it will only be to nerf the gold drops in WotlK dungeons instead of fixing the real problem.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    If Blizz does anything about this it will only be to nerf the gold drops in WotlK dungeons instead of fixing the real problem.
    Yes, because those are active accounts. That's $15 per a month. Can't ban that..they'd lose money!