Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blabber View Post
    Rubber
    10chars
    Saw this a while back, had huge expectations. I mean a tire going around killing people, how could it ever not be awesome? Oh right, if the tire kills with psychic powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerolav View Post
    Saw this a while back, had huge expectations. I mean a tire going around killing people, how could it ever not be awesome? Oh right, if the tire kills with psychic powers.
    how else would a tire kill people?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Moon - Amazing Movie, Amazing Soundtrack!

Stay (2005)

I love Mindfucks. I had been searching long and hard for a good mindfuck for ages when I stumbled upon this one a few years ago.

While I don't believe it compares to traditional "great films," It's a great movie, with great atmosphere, and a decent twist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Moon - Amazing Movie, Amazing Soundtrack!
    beat me to it, I talk about it alot though..usually involves the phrase "I can't believe the Academy fucked Moon over..."
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Waterword for me. As i see it that movie gave us the most likely post apocalypse...A nigh neverending ocean not a super desert.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Waterword for me. As i see it that movie gave us the most likely post apocalypse...A nigh neverending ocean not a super desert.
    Waterworld is famous for being bad even O_o

[QUOTE=Altrec;19669689]The Illusionist
    In my opinion at least. I don't think a lot people have seen it let alone talk about it. It came out the same year as The Prestige which got most of the praise, but I thought The Illusionist was much better.[/QUO

Definitely concur

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilperch View Post
    Some more known, but still not talked about so much movies -

Training Day. One of my personal favorites, this movie is remembered by most as "the one where Denzel Washington won an oscar." But the writing in this movie is freaking awesome. Very deep themes. All the actors do very well, and the pacing is excellent.

Children of Men. Nobody ever seems to mention this, but its probably the best movie I've ever seen. Everything about it is amazing.

Some lesser known movies few people have heard of -

Drive. Great movie. Would recommend it to anyone.

The Road. A few of you may have seen this, but its still not talked about as much as it should be. Very well made film.
    ... No, everything about it is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I can think of a few.

Excalibur - One of my personal favorite movies.
    Infernal Affairs - Everyone talks about Departed but no one talks about the movie it basically copied. The real joke is that it won an oscar for best original screen play.
    Primer - One of the best time travel movies you'll likely to ever find.
    Blue Velvet - One of the more straight forward David Lynch movies that was full of cool scenes. Plus it has the late Dennis Hopper at his finest.

Delicatessen.

Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    Oldboy - Dude is locked up for years and years in a motel room, get let out one day, awesome fight scenes ensue
    This. Just recently saw it and is one of the best movies I've ever seen, yet nobody I know has even heard of it (probably because it's foreign but w/e).

10+ Year Old Account
    Pan's Labyrinth is amazing and I've seen it a few times. When speaking to people the movie subject always comes up and one I always mention that nobody has ever seen is 'The Color Purple' - such an amazing movie, and the first movie that I cried to many years ago. Well... I say cried but I literally balled my eyes out ;p

Well people talked about this one, but it's still one of those I like to watch every now and then.

Cidade de Deus(City of Gods)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of...282002_film%29

And as always in film threads I'll have to say La Haine, I think a lot of people miss it/overlook it anyways. Black and white movie. Full movie with subtitles is up on Youtube btw. GO GO GO!

La Haine(Hate)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Haine

Always loved this movie, menacing as hell. Vincent is great in it to!

Tag line.
    "Heard about the guy who fell off a skyscraper? On his way down past each floor, he kept saying to reassure himself: So far so good... so far so good... so far so good. How you fall doesn't matter. It's how you land."
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-01-10 at 02:37 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Just thought a couple more movies:

Pi - Precursor movie to Requiem for a Dream
    Swimming with Sharks
    Memento - quite possibly Christopher Nolan's best movie.

A.I.

One of my favorites. I thought it had a pretty good ending too, somthing that's been on a decline in more recent movies imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Requiem for a Dream is very overlooked. If/When I mention it when talking to friends almost nobody seem to heard about it. And if they did they have not seen it.
    Darren Aronofsky FTW!!!! This movie and another he made, Pi.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 02:40 PM ----------

The Machinst. What Christian Bale did to prepare for that movie and to know just a few short months later he was filming his first Batman movie.[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 02:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    Just thought a couple more movies:

Pi - Precursor movie to Requiem for a Dream
    Swimming with Sharks
    Memento - quite possibly Christopher Nolan's best movie.
    Maybe it's just me being sleepy, but how is Pi a precursor to Requiem?
    Last edited by Harry Botter; 2013-01-10 at 07:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    love Excalibur

love Hot Rod too but it is also bad

and people talked plenty about Waterworld, but their faces were twisted into screams and most of what they said, yea it was pretty much screaming, that movie was awful

Deleted
    Shelter(2007), Prayers for Bobby. I guess those two are no wonder because, yeah, it has "gay" scenes and I wouldn't admire myself if it got overlooked by a lot of people, especially the second one since it didn't went on the cinema and it was premiered on TV instead.

Asides from that The Help, Let The Right One In and City of God.

That's all I remember now or think that is kinda overlooked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw this on TV the other day, can't believe I've never seen it. Watch it. Now.