1. #1
    Stood in the Fire Management's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    462

    Echo of the Elements nerf? And some survivability talk(enhancement)

    Did they nerf Echo of the Elements for enhancement (perhaps the other specs too)? I noticed today when I was playing that my heals were kinda low. I looked into it and realized I wasn't getting any procs of Echo. Is this true? Or am I just stupid?

    Also, I just have to mention how bad our survivability is atm. I was doing some arenas today and got totally raped as my defensives just weren't enough. I got burst on and popped wolves(for the healing), healing tide, shamanistic fury. Everything. I still died horribly. I am also stacking resilience. Imo this should be enough to keep me alive.

    Is this really how it should be? I think we have gotten a slight bit better since cata, but I feel like our survivability has gotten worse tbh. The heals I got in cata were as high as the ones I am getting now. That's just pathetic.

    What do you think? Do you feel like our survivability is bad?

  2. #2
    echo isnt terfed dint worry just bad luck i gues

  3. #3
    There isnt problem with our survivality.. well not direct one.

    Problem is that e.g versu warrior

    Warrior only needs to pop Avatar
    We are in Stun Charge after that we get Shockvawe stun, and we just need to use Def CD and go def mode (oh and we will get 8 sec disarm)

    Which means
    Shamanistic Rage/Capacitator/AG/wofl for healinghard cast hex/healing)
    The point is that we are not able to create so much pression on Warriro at the beginning so War will go def mode (broad and sword) so he will stop punishing us so hard.

    Because to be honest
    if I'm running with wolfs, on ascedance, with fire elemtal , stormlash totem, I can use Capacitor offensively, I can pop SR whenever I can, aswell Healing Tide/Ancestral guidance.. i'm just focking IMMORTAL! (vs any given class) I Just need to be able to MOVE and DPS, Silenced/Rooted/Stunned/Disarmed Enh Shaman without MW procs without healing from it, it's DEAD Enh Shaman.


    Yeah Yeah I kniow, i'm posting something that everyone know...but well i'm a bit annoyed something afer I log on my shammy :P

  4. #4
    Stood in the Fire Management's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by Segasik View Post
    Warrior only needs to pop Avatar
    We are in Stun Charge after that we get Shockvawe stun, and we just need to use Def CD and go def mode (oh and we will get 8 sec disarm)
    This is my problem, only against any other comp as well, not only the ones with warriors. I get stunlocked/silenced you name it, and whatever I do I die. This is only for 2v2 when I'm rolling dual dps. However I still thinks it's retarded we can't survive from full hp with all defenses up.

    On a side note, the change they made to mana cost for hardcasting heals was stupid(cata to mop change). There is literally no reason for us to even have spiritwalker's grace anymore. I used to use it as an defensive, as I would slow enemies, cast spiritwalkers grace and run away hardcasting. Atm I go oom after 2 hardcast heals. This combined with the awful heals I am pulling right now makes our heals pretty much only slightly better then worthless.

  5. #5
    as enhance you are a melee dps / offensive caster. Not a healer.

    And from what I have read is that you want to be able to out heal incoming damage and also lay the smack down on the dude trying to take you out. No, just no...

  6. #6
    Stood in the Fire Management's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneleg View Post
    as enhance you are a melee dps / offensive caster. Not a healer.

    And from what I have read is that you want to be able to out heal incoming damage and also lay the smack down on the dude trying to take you out. No, just no...
    Not really. I just think our healing has become shit compared to what it was in cata. It's pathetic atm.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneleg View Post
    as enhance you are a melee dps / offensive caster. Not a healer.

    And from what I have read is that you want to be able to out heal incoming damage and also lay the smack down on the dude trying to take you out. No, just no...
    No, he/she just wants not to have worse self-healing as a shaman -- a hybrid class capable of casting healing spells for the last seven years -- than that warrior receives passively simply by speccing into Second Wind. Is that too much to ask?

  8. #8
    Stood in the Fire Management's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    No, he/she just wants not to have worse self-healing as a shaman -- a hybrid class capable of casting healing spells for the last seven years -- than that warrior receives passively simply by speccing into Second Wind. Is that too much to ask?
    More or less. I understood it as enhancement shams were a melee/caster hybrid. Which would mean we should have better heals than average melee, as caster hybrids has better heals than regular casters. An elemental shaman for instance has better heals than a mage. And as enhance is a mixture of melee/elemental sham, should mean our heals are better than other none hybrid melees such as rogues and warriors.

    I don't enjoy, neither do I think anyone else does, being killed by a warrior just because his heals are stronger than mine/theirs, a hybrid class(should imply better heals than average).

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    More or less. I understood it as enhancement shams were a melee/caster hybrid. Which would mean we should have better heals than average melee, as caster hybrids has better heals than regular casters. An elemental shaman for instance has better heals than a mage. And as enhance is a mixture of melee/elemental sham, should mean our heals are better than other none hybrid melees such as rogues and warriors.

    I don't enjoy, neither do I think anyone else does, being killed by a warrior just because his heals are stronger than mine/theirs, a hybrid class(should imply better heals than average).
    Warriors are considered hybrid by Blizzards standards, they can fill multiple roles.

    I see what you're saying though, but your role isn't to heal, it's to do damage.

  10. #10
    Stood in the Fire Management's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamingstorm View Post
    Warriors are considered hybrid by Blizzards standards, they can fill multiple roles.

    I see what you're saying though, but your role isn't to heal, it's to do damage.
    I know that, but our self healing is still a big part of our survival.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Segasik View Post
    There isnt problem with our survivality.. well not direct one.

    Problem is that e.g versu warrior
    This is amusing, as I managed to take a better geared warrior to 10% before he got me. He had PvP weapons and several pieces of malefic, I had normal raid weapons and 1 piece of malefic.

    I can imagine they removed heals from Echos spell table. You shouldn't be taking Echo for PvP anyway. The other two talents are superior.
    WoW PvP; Where DPS are healers, tanks are DPS, and healers are tanks!

    RETH RETH RETH!

  12. #12
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Finland
    Posts
    447
    Enhas seems to rape with huge damage, and with wolfs they dont seem to die. Well ofcourse if you try to tank a warriors damage.. well you deserve to die. Go pillar hump

  13. #13
    Stood in the Fire Management's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    This is amusing, as I managed to take a better geared warrior to 10% before he got me. He had PvP weapons and several pieces of malefic, I had normal raid weapons and 1 piece of malefic.

    I can imagine they removed heals from Echos spell table. You shouldn't be taking Echo for PvP anyway. The other two talents are superior.
    Skills play a big part.

  14. #14
    if they're not wizards youre not getting points from them.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •