Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Doesn't have the same breathing as a male NE.

Now if they do turn this into the Troll playable race, I'm sure they'd change that random idle animation. Still beta, they might not even have that animation for the NPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I don't like it. They don't look enough like Trolls - the faces, the perfect posture, even the tusks - they look like a totally new race. And what's up with the glowing eyes?

I understand Blizzard want them to look more 'advanced' and powerful, to make them distinct from other trolls but they've gone too far.
    Was thinking this exact thing, they look like they are mixxed with mogu?

Quote Originally Posted by muxx View Post
    They look closer to what one could expect Night Elves to have evolved from. I like them looking like this, I can accept them as being in the same family as a Night Elf, unlike the grotesque, hunchbacked boneheads they once were. They look mysterious and powerful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    but...... wouldn't making all trolls just 'trolls' be homogenizing further. by definition.
    they are making the Zandalari DIFFERENT from other trolls... that's the opposite of homogenization.

I meant make them different from Night Elves. And what you're saying Trolls trolling trolls who fight trolls in a Troll Raid?

Mwahahhaa
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    the models look nice

i like them

they look very different from their degenerate brethren

I don't like it. They don't look enough like Trolls - the faces, the perfect posture, even the tusks - they look like a totally new race. And what's up with the glowing eyes?

I understand Blizzard want them to look more 'advanced' and powerful, to make them distinct from other trolls but they've gone too far.

They represent the Dark Trolls that the Night Elves descended from. (According to Blizzard)

And what's up with the glowing eyes?
    There were plenty of Trolls with glowing eyes in Warcraft III, including some Darkspear. We need to have more Trolls with glowing eyes and the option to have them on all of our playable Trolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShinyOne View Post
    There were plenty of Trolls with glowing eyes in Warcraft III, including some Darkspear. We need to have more Trolls with glowing eyes and the option to have them on all of our playable Trolls.
    Except what's the reason for it? Can't be just cause.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by soniqboom View Post
    reskinned nightelfs?
    Lots of things in the game use the same "skeleton". Not the same as just reskinning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

These models are terrible.

For one they don't look like Trolls at all. They look like elves with a Troll Mask. The posture is too "upright". The walk is too much like a standard human or elf walk. This ends up removing the most distinctive feature that all trolls shared and made them unique: the hunchback and the dangling arms gait and walk.

I think they look a lot like mogu o.O

Quote Originally Posted by muxx View Post
    YES!!! that's what I got from it. Mogu are flesh-shapers, right? They put some Zandalari working with them, what they ought to make? Put the Troll servants on par with their own Mogu servants. We have seen Zandalari trolls a lot of time through the game. Dang, we even faced them on Kun-Lai, and they don't look at all as those.

This is clearly a new troll race, engineered by the Mogu. Clearly why? Because the updated Vol'jin don't look like those at all.

They look cool, but they are clearly different from typical troll. We've seen Zandalari trolls since vanilla and they didn't looked like this... I think they are somehow related to mogu. Maybe they are changed by the mogu in some way, as they resemble them. New, better trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    well the vanilla ones just used the dark spear model

its clear diff troll tribes look diff from one another

look at the amani

night elf wireframe? isnt it a mogu wireframe? or were those also based on nelf?

Zandalari Trolls, unlike most Trolls, have a civilization that is very regal and scholarly. Zandalari Trolls in particular stand up straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda like it. I always imagined the Zandalari standing more upright than most trolls, without hunching. I miss the mohawk though, need more troll hair.

I love these, I can't believe how much work Blizz put into doing new models for this raid. I hope this is the beginning of a new shift in that regard.

I think it's silly people resist the night elf/troll connection considering the book in Tanaris that's been sitting there since 2004 basically confirmed it. Clinging to the idea that Blizzard would have planted that information as possibly dubious seems like someone is just being stubborn to me because they want to make up their own version of Blizzard's lore. They created WOW and Warcraft 3 together, it's not like this was some retcon Blizzard put into the game after years of knowing the Night Elves as something else.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Man, so many indignant people.

The only weird thing I see are the tusked belts. Can't imagine it'd be very fun trying to pass one another in a thin space. Also, they definitely remind me more of vrykul with the run. The walk too is far more loping than a night elf. That long, slow stride whereas male elves take short steps.

Also, I'd totally consider race changing my tauren boomkin into a troll if I could use this model instead of the hunched Darkspear one.

i'm sad at the lack of hunchback. i thought the zandalari were the closest thing we had to the early trolls? shouldn't they look LESS like night elves than all other trolls we've seen?

still gorgeous regardless.