View Poll Results: What's with hunters yo?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hunters are prone to rage / aggression issues.

    4 4.17%
  • Hunters anre mainly played by children.

    6 6.25%
  • Hunters are the most common / best ganking class.

    12 12.50%
  • Hunters hate / are jealous of warlocks.

    5 5.21%
  • You're just crazy; this only happens to you.

    40 41.67%
  • I have another idea.

    13 13.54%
  • Lets all just hug.

    32 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Herald of the Titans Bryntrollian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Outside Black Gate of Mordor...
    Posts
    2,712
    As a hunter the warlock is always a free kill...
    Synek - best rogue in the world


  2. #22
    As a hunter, I never have track humanoids on, to many red dots anoys me. The only track I have is hiden.
    I allways atack the oposite faction if he is in the lv range. I dont kill low lvls of corse.
    If the fight was close, either I won or not, I will try to get more fights with that guy. If I win to easily or loose like withot chance I just move on. World pvp is more fun then any other pvp type.

  3. #23
    i kill every class equally. dnt get why other hunters would single out something.

  4. #24
    Isn't your realm crz? Hunters are pretty abundant in crz. Or we talking mop zones?

    A few reasons I can think of.

    Easy to kill with. Bestial wrath and arcane shot spam with kill command on Cd.

    Tracking. They can track players on their minimap making it easier to find people to gank.

    High population of hunters. They are sort of fotm atm.

    They are probably not the best ganking class but they are up there. Track to find players and easy high dmg burst by bm to mow someone down in seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    If rogues become shit, all they can become is a different type of shit.

  5. #25
    High Overlord merlin2oo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    179
    I can't comment about the environment on an RPPvP server, especially since I don't PvP, but I've never had a problem with Warlocks. Mages, on the other hand. . .
    Nameless hunter pets make me rage. You have been warned.


  6. #26
    Bloodsail Admiral soulcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Posts
    1,145
    my main is a hunter but all through vanilla and tbc i played a lock. locks are one of the few classes i leave alone. ill usually try and gank anyone at least once. if its a class i hate then ill maybe do it a few times. palas, mages, rogues get special treatment

  7. #27
    Well I normally get ganked by Warlocks and Warriors with a minor in Shadow Priests. What do warlocks have against hunters?

  8. #28
    Mechagnome Requiemcliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere.
    Posts
    530
    Quote Originally Posted by ogFrenikk View Post
    Yeah people that PVP on a PVP server are such arseholes ffs!!!!!! !
    Not what I was saying, but I probably should have worded it, "Maybe an overabundance of hunters with the mindset of ganking." could have been a better way.

    TC did also put up the point I forgot since I haven't been playing WoW at the moment, but hunters have been having some relatively insane burst, so a good influx of them with that mindset in PvP makes sense.

  9. #29
    well taking the RPPVP out of it

    I find hunters to be the worst players in wow attitude wise,

    their idiots morons aggressive to other, the ones that do the dick moves, dont get me wrong other class's do as well but my personal exp its hunters most of the time who have nerd rage

  10. #30
    Bloodsail Admiral soulcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    well taking the RPPVP out of it

    I find hunters to be the worst players in wow attitude wise,

    their idiots morons aggressive to other, the ones that do the dick moves, dont get me wrong other class's do as well but my personal exp its hunters most of the time who have nerd rage
    really you bash a class on its class forum. stay classy.

  11. #31
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    well taking the RPPVP out of it

    I find hunters to be the worst players in wow attitude wise,

    their idiots morons aggressive to other, the ones that do the dick moves, dont get me wrong other class's do as well but my personal exp its hunters most of the time who have nerd rage
    How can you have the energy to keep thinking about which class is the most hateful one?

  12. #32
    Stood in the Fire WarlockJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Robot Island
    Posts
    437
    I've learned a few things from this discussion.

    1. I never thought about track humanoid before.
    2. We are probably an easy HK for hunters. I have trouble with hunters unless they're a tard. That's probably why the bad ones keep coming back... they're in denial.
    3. I checked warcraftrealms.com and indeed, the highest population on my server seems to be alliance hunters. lul

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    -Confirmation bias: you've noticed it, and keep noticing evidence that proves your theory whilst ignoring evidence which contradicts it.
    This isn't accurate though. I notice I get attacked by hunters way more often because we do. There isn't anything that contradicts it. We get attacked by them WAY more often and Its painfully obvious. I'm not magically ignoring the other people who attack us who aren't hunters... I'm actually surprised when they're something else. :-P

    However the things I've learned from this thread definitely make me see things in a different light.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    A combination of things, really.

    -Confirmation bias: you've noticed it, and keep noticing evidence that proves your theory whilst ignoring evidence which contradicts it.

    -Track Humanoids: Hunters find it easier to actually find opposite faction players to kill. Especially when flying around the world.

    -Population: Hunters have always been a popular class. While there's usually a fairly even split between the classes (usually 1-2% between them), Hunters are usually at the top end of the popularity scale.

    -RP: As has been stated, while there may be many on an RP server who don't explicitly RP, they may still have a rough idea of what their character is and does. Hunters are, thematically... Well, Hunters. Stalking their prey and going for the kill. It could be a subconscious thing, but it could affect this somewhat.

    Overall though, I'm going to be honest: I'm pretty sure it's mostly just confirmation bias.
    This is a great deal of what I was going to say, especially the phenomenon of confirmation bias. I think, if you actually wrote down the class of eveyone who ganked you, you'd see far less dramatic results than you expect.

    Another factor to consider is that hunters are one of the stronger classes in WPVP right now, so they are more comfortable going in for fights and kills, in addition to seeing all enemy players on their tracking.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 11:54 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySteve View Post
    I've learned a few things from this discussion.

    1. I never thought about track humanoid before.
    2. We are probably an easy HK for hunters. I have trouble with hunters unless they're a tard. That's probably why the bad ones keep coming back... they're in denial.
    3. I checked warcraftrealms.com and indeed, the highest population on my server seems to be alliance hunters. lul



    This isn't accurate though. I notice I get attacked by hunters way more often because we do. There isn't anything that contradicts it. We get attacked by them WAY more often and Its painfully obvious. I'm not magically ignoring the other people who attack us who aren't hunters... I'm actually surprised when they're something else. :-P

    However the things I've learned from this thread definitely make me see things in a different light.
    That's the interesting thing about confirmation bias, though. It is very, very hard to notice yourself doing it. I'm not saying that the majority of people you are encountering aren't hunters, because there are a number of reasons that hunters are/may be very common gankers right now. I am saying that it's probably not as large a margin as you think.


    Also, I understand that being ganked is frustrating, but maybe next time, don't come into a class forum bellowing "Why are you all such TERRIBLE PEOPLE/TINY BABIES/TWEENS!?" (at least, that's what it feels like). We're all players just like you, and I'm glad we could offer some possible explanations other than "all us hunters are dicks."
    Last edited by Daetur; 2013-01-02 at 11:57 PM.

  14. #34
    Stood in the Fire WarlockJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Robot Island
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Also, I understand that being ganked is frustrating, but maybe next time, don't come into a class forum bellowing "Why are you all such TERRIBLE PEOPLE/TINY BABIES/TWEENS!?" (at least, that's what it feels like). We're all players just like you, and I'm glad we could offer some possible explanations other than "all us hunters are dicks."
    You seem to be offended. I wasn't chewing anyone out or telling them they were children, etc. (In fact, I had people agree on my pole with every one of my choices, so there must be people who feel the same). I think you missed the point of my post because I don't care at all if I get ganked. That's why I'm on a pvp server; because I like pvp. However, I noticed a difference in how a certain class seemed to treat me and then asked about it.

    Its also super easy just to tell me I'm biased against hunters attacking me because I've "noticed them doing it" and I don't notice how many other players attack me. I don't bother to gank people so I don't get into a TON of fights... The alliance get to initiate any type of fight they want with me.

    The whole reason I'm on here is because I typically get into at least one or two fights a day initiated by an alliance member. Most days they'll both be hunters. I fail to see how I ever get biased when its small, simple, countable numbers like that. You know when 100% of the people you fought that day were hunters. That's not a bias.

    The past week I know I've fought a shadow priest, a druid and a death knight (all of which won or lost and moved on). I also know for a fact I've fought six hunters (might have been 7, but I think I recognized one of them); One of which camped us over and over till we moved to a different location. One of which tried to kill us two more times after we killed him. That's about the most balanced things ever get.

    So, then you'll say... "Well that's only 67-70% of your fights being hunters and therefore proves my argument". I can't deny that number and you will use it against my claim, but I can say its usually worse than that. We've had several weeks where the only people who have attacked us have been hunters, etc.

    Actually, I forgot about one yesterday. Make that 7 or 8 hunters this week. I was out fishing in the Cape of Stranglethorn in an area nobody flies by and a hunter flew down and killed me in my fishing gear... I thought I was cursed by God at that point. Now, I guess I'll chalk that one up to track humanoid too. :-P

    But none the less, I'll drop it. I did learn some new ideas here; I just don't think I'm really being biased.
    Last edited by WarlockJack; 2013-01-03 at 03:48 AM. Reason: edited for properer grammar >_>

  15. #35
    You're correct. I play a hunter and I am also very angry both ingame and in real life. I kick puppies, steal lunch money and gank anybody I can find inside WoW. I use my mini-map for one thing, spotting red circles with a white line around them.

    I am so angry, that I will now close my internet browser, log into WoW and gank some more Warlocks.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySteve View Post
    You seem to be offended. I wasn't chewing anyone out or telling them they were children, etc. (In fact, I had people agree on my pole with every one of my choices, so there must be people who feel the same). I think you missed the point of my post because I don't care at all if I get ganked. That's why I'm on a pvp server; because I like pvp. However, I noticed a difference in how a certain class seemed to treat me and then asked about it.

    Its also super easy just to tell me I'm biased against hunters attacking me because I've "noticed them doing it" and I don't notice how many other players attack me. I don't bother to gank people so I don't get into a TON of fights... The alliance get to initiate any type of fight they want with me.

    The whole reason I'm on here is because I typically get into at least one or two fights a day initiated by an alliance member. Most days they'll both be hunters. I fail to see how I ever get biased when its small, simple, countable numbers like that. You know when 100% of the people you fought that day were hunters. That's not a bias.

    The past week I know I've fought a shadow priest, a druid and a death knight (all of which won or lost and moved on). I also know for a fact I've fought six hunters (might have been 7, but I think I recognized one of them); One of which camped us over and over till we moved to a different location. One of which tried to kill us two more times after we killed him. That's about the most balanced things ever get.

    So, then you'll say... "Well that's only 67-70% of your fights being hunters and therefore proves my argument". I can't deny that number and you will use it against my claim, but I can say its usually worse than that. We've had several weeks where the only people who have attacked us have been hunters, etc.

    Actually, I forgot about one yesterday. Make that 7 or 8 hunters this week. I was out fishing in the Cape of Stranglethorn in an area nobody flies by and a hunter flew down and killed me in my fishing gear... I thought I was cursed by God at that point. Now, I guess I'll chalk that one up to track humanoid too. :-P

    But none the less, I'll drop it. I did learn some new ideas here; I just don't think I'm really being biased.
    I'm not offended at all, actually. And I'm certainly not angry. However, you do come across as insulting to people who play the hunter class, and I'm simply saying that you should perhaps strive to be more diplomatic in the future, even if you're upset. I only wanted to draw your attention to it. A poll where someone included the options "Anyone who likes Pokemon (simply drawing from your avatar) is immature/ a child/ a loner/ socially awkward" would very easily draw a hostile reaction from anyone who does like Pokemon, even if they don't believe those statements themselves. Also, I would be careful of assuming that just because "there must be people who feel the same," it is "ok" to apply veiled insults to a group of people.

    I know some people will think I'm stepping in here as the "feelings police" or something, but part of my job as moderator is to try to help these forums be as positive an environment as possible (which is not easy!).

    You included the poll option "Hunters anre mainly played by children," which, while not necessarily representative of your beliefs, does imply that you think that the "all hunters are kids" stereotype is valid or true, and that's what I was referring to. It's not what you said, it's what you implied, and how that taints or colors subsequent discussion.

    We're calling attention to confirmation bias because it is a very real phenomenon, and we have no way of knowing if you are in fact telling the truth and remembering 100% correctly, or if you are exaggerating. We are not saying that you are, obviously, 100%, suffering from confirmation bias and therefore your experience is invalid. We are not saying that you're absolutely wrong or misremembering. We are saying that you should keep it in mind in case you are allowing your views to be colored by bias.

    I'm not trying to attack you or argue with you or tell you you're wrong. I'm just providing some viewpoints and information for your consideration.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2013-01-03 at 06:02 AM.

  17. #37
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    You're correct. I play a hunter and I am also very angry both ingame and in real life. I kick puppies, steal lunch money and gank anybody I can find inside WoW. I use my mini-map for one thing, spotting red circles with a white line around them.

    I am so angry, that I will now close my internet browser, log into WoW and gank some more Warlocks.
    Made me laugh, but sometimes if I get frustrated or mad or upset about something stupid, I do like to log on my hunter, queue for bgs, and roam around the world looking for people to kill. Also, I, like lots of people, play multiple classes, and as someone who has played hunter for a long time, I can say warlocks are the class I hate most.

  18. #38
    Most people gank because they can.
    I dont like that your in my area > I have the ablity to kill you > I will > I did > I am happy.

    Hunters have alot of instant damage that unlike other ranged classes (casters) isnt broadcast by cast bar or cast time and the spell detail is very low for projectile animation making it a tad more difficult to spot the direction of the shots vs. a caster. and by the time you realise whats going on its not very hard for a hunter to kite your resource starved / cd's down / half health / crippled / slowed / rooted / silenced / everything'ed character.

    that being said knowing your about to fight a hunter makes all the differece, Now that rogues arn't as "bursty" as they used to be I would say Hunters are the hardest class to recover from in terms of ganking.

  19. #39
    Stood in the Fire WarlockJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Robot Island
    Posts
    437
    Just to follow up again; We went to do our daily quests for the Golden lotus tonight and surprise surprise, we were beat to hell by a pair of hunters who camped us continuously. We flew up on a mountain quite far away to rebuff and were found again. We were about to die so we jumped off and used our goblin gliders to drift over to the temple of two moons at which point the two hunters camped on the roof with us targeted until I convinced enough people to run them off. We then go do Klaxxi rep and make some coffee. Log back in 45 mins later, Go try to finish the golden lotus rep, the two hunters find us again... so we just corpse camp through the rest of the dailies.

    After that, we killed a poor death knight who was minding his own business... see what happens? He's probably gonna make a post about crazy warlocks. I'm ashamed now!

    I then came back here to cry to you guys again. rofl

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    You're correct. I play a hunter and I am also very angry both ingame and in real life. I kick puppies, steal lunch money and gank anybody I can find inside WoW. I use my mini-map for one thing, spotting red circles with a white line around them.

    I am so angry, that I will now close my internet browser, log into WoW and gank some more Warlocks.
    On a side note, this is both brilliant and hilarious and I love this person.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I'm not trying to attack you or argue with you or tell you you're wrong. I'm just providing some viewpoints and information for your consideration.
    Seeing as you're the moderator for this forum, you obviously play a hunter and are therefore attacking me and therefore are offering completely invalid comments! ...I'm just joking. I do see your side of this topic. The child comment was to see if people as a whole feel that a younger, more hormone filled audience are drawn to hunters. I remember my lack of patience and extra dose of /ragequit 15 years ago! :-)
    Last edited by WarlockJack; 2013-01-03 at 07:05 AM.

  20. #40
    I've know many hunters, all cool people. We pretty much stoke together and gave each other tips and what not, and figured out whatever we needed to do to help the raid.

    Warlocks, I've known a few... its about half and half. But that one half, that bitter half.. just puts a stain to the class for me lol. My picture of a player playing a warlock is someone bitter, that knows more than anyone else, and cannot figure out why other people cannot play up to his/her level.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •