Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Death Knight and Warrior Season 13 Armor Sets Preview, Blue Tweets, WoW Art

Blizzcon 2013 Confirmed, TryHard Video: Starting Fresh, DiabloFans - "Holiday in Sanctuary"

Death Knight and Warrior Season 13 Armor Sets Preview
    Keep in mind that this is just a preview and the final sets may be different!

Patch 5.2 LFR
    It looks like LFR will be broken into four different groupings this time.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    • Last Stand of the Zandalari - The forces of the Zandalari forces have dug into the ruins surrounding the Thunder King's island citadel.
    • Forgotten Depths - Beneath the foundations of the Throne of Thunder lie vast caverns, teeming with ancient horrors.
    • Halls of Flesh-Shaping - In the horrific chambers beneath Lei Shen's citadel, the mogu conducted terrible experiments into reshaping life.
    • Pinnacle of Storms - From within his inner sanctum, the risen Thunder King plots the return of the great mogu empire.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    PvE
    Any news on 25men raiding and incentives for them? Numbers of guilds still dwindling, you mentioned a developer blog
    We have an idea, but it's a bit controversial so we're not ready to spring it on you yet. (Source)

Could you give me a reason as to why 25man raids don't just straight up drop items that already are already 2/2 upgraded?
    Because that would cause progression-oriented 10 player raids to feel like they had to switch to 25s to benefit from the ilevel. (Source)

Why the Empress nerf? We were still working on it but felt it was 100% doable.
    Ten player raids were bringing 4 healers, which felt broken. (Source)

So what about new players 5.3? What about alts? Coming back in the middle of MoP=impossible?
    There's a big continuum between instantly caught up and impossible. (Source)

Is 10H Shek'zeer designed to be 4 healed?
    Not ideally. Discussing it. (Source)

Any reason why Flask Cauldrons didn't make an appearance in MoP ?
    We wanted to return some responsibility of raiding to individual members not just officers.
    This answer does not make sense. So you should remove feasts too... You are just adding work to the officers.
    This is a tiny, tiny step back towards that. It doesn't seem unreasonable. (Source)
    Once upon a time, players spent a big chunk of time preparing for raiding, not just logging in (+ summoned) and then done. (Source)

How "bad" would it for the game if LFR never dropped twice the same item (DW aside) ? Did you do that projection internally ?
    If players could gear up that much faster, then they'd finish the content (and demand something new) that much faster... (Source)

LFR is the only way for me as a casual to get loot. After the 4th run with nodrops, i got so angry.. i destroyed my mouse
    You'll still get valor from those runs though and that gear is higher ilevel. I've raided for weeks many times with no drops. (Source)

Expanding on recent LFR thread, could there be two options at queuing for loot? 'Queued spec' or 'any spec' would make sense.
    Yeah it needs something like that, but it needs to be clean, not a double role check. (Source)

Unfortunately, most of what LFR healing consists of is meter padding.
    I wouldn't take LFR meters as a meaningful indication of anything. That's just not what LFR is about. (Source)

A player is fighting vs Galleon. He changes to another group. The second group can loot. Is it ok for you?
    I know there were some mixed messages from us on this, but it's fine. (Source)

PvP
    Every gladiator/2400+ player I know feels that you balance poorly. Nerf "a" classleave starsurge at 250k = golden
    We have heard very little Starsurge QQ, even from highly rated players. (Source)

Do healers in pvp have roles between classes, or should they be similar to each other?
    They should feel different, but generally you don't need enough of them for well-defined niches to be important. (Source)

So, warriors back to the free-kills in PVP again.Surprise.Plz don't kill PVE viability when you do.
    Despite what forums would have you believe, there is a continuum between overpowered and free kill. (Source)

How do you feel about the players getting to 90 just now and not being able to play arena competitively due to being behind
    We want to reward players who keep playing. Too often in the past catch up was so easy that it trivialized accomplishments. (Source)
    So, since Mt. Everest was climbed the first time, have we put up gates to stop people from going up there?
    We don't put chair lifts up there... (Source)
    Also, they havent pu lifts because of technical limitations, not because of climbers having their achieve screwed
    I'd argue mountain climbers like to climb things that are challenging, not things that anyone can stroll up. (Source)
    But you brought this trivialization of content yourselves starting with patch 3.2 >.> … what have you learned since then?
    We learned not to let players catch up so trivially that it negates everyone else's accomplishments. (Source)
    Greg, you need to stop blaming the wrong things for cataclysm failures. Catch up mechanics dont hurt the game
    We just disagree on that. I understand you have very strong feelings about how things should work. (Source)

why make us to do Rated BGs for cap?
    We know from history that players will do the most convenient thing to earn points without a strong incentive to do otherwise. (Source)

In your opinion, whats a more fun pvp experience? A team objective based bg? or chasing a druid around a piller for 30+ mins?
    I personally prefer the former, but as I've said, I know not all our players like what I like. (Source)

Upgrading PVP gear via Conq sure is rough for newcomers to arenas who want to catch up. It was already so hard to compete =\
    If newcomers can catch up too quickly, then the players who stuck with it start to wonder why they bothered. It's a fine line. (Source)
    Getting gear is 0% of PvP. In fact we hate that part. It's the competition. Please realize that.
    For tournaments, gear shouldn't matter. For playing your character, we want it to. It's a powerful incentive. (Source)
    WoW is an RPG. Getting gear is a big part of that. We don't think the game would have legs, even in PvP, without it. (Source)

heres one more, how about balance pvp around BG and RBG instead of 3v3 arena. BGs are were 90% of pvp takes place if not more
    I don't think that % is correct. Arenas, even very casual 2s, are very popular. (Source)
    yes that maybe true, but you balance pvp around 3v3, where the most pvp is not played
    PvP might not be played by you in 3's but it is the most competitive and balanced bracket even rbgs are a mess
    RBGs feel pretty good to us. What are your concerns? (Source)

My point, is that Tanks have a purpose in arena, pvp has become who can lock down who first. Its not methodical.
    We're just not convinced that tanks in Arena would be very fun for everyone else. Tanks make great flag carriers in BGs. (Source)

WoW Art
    More artwork today, some of which is TCG art.

Last edited by chaud; 2013-01-02 at 08:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That S13 Warrior set looks terrible.

wtt for paladin set pst

Deleted
    Danm, again warrior set are much cooler Not that it looks good, but good vs dk one.

10+ Year Old Account
    at least they get to be emo shredder

LFR is the only way for me as a casual to get loot. After the 4th run with nodrops, i got so angry.. i destroyed my mouse
    You'll still get valor from those runs though and that gear is higher ilevel. I've raided for weeks many times with no drops.
    Really hate that we get blue posts saying how dailies aren't mandatory (which means neither is rep grinding), yet their answer for not getting loot in LFR is it still awards Valor. Too bad Valor loot is all conveniently behind rep, ie. dailies.

Such a broken system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both sets are like ... horrible. I love the DK shoulders tho I wish they could work more on the head piece. won't even comment the warrior one. What were they even thinking?

I'm really disappointed in the dk set. The helm is horrible, almost as bad as the rhino helm of the current season. I'm glad there is transmog but regardless, this set looks like garbage.

Deleted
    Is there any DK set that has no skulls?

Warrior set isn't that bad, I can dig it....sorry dks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaintOnASign View Post
    Really hate that we get blue posts saying how dailies aren't mandatory (which means neither is rep grinding), yet their answer for not getting loot in LFR is it still awards Valor. Too bad Valor loot is all conveniently behind rep, ie. dailies.

Such a broken system.
    Because rep is such a demanding system. Honestly, if you're casual you shouldn't be worried about "OMGZ I NEED 489 GEARS RIGHT NAOW!!" If you do one set of dailies (30-45 min) per day you can still gain rep fairly quickly on a casual schedule. Plus, with the commendations you can get rep for alts twice as fast . Just because the system requires you to do more than queue, AFK, AFK while hitting some buttons (LFR), then rinse and repeat does not make it broken.

Edit: Not to mention that with VP caps it takes some time to gain valor and you might even be revered with a rep before you have the VP for the item. Reputations also allow you to become more involved in the lore of Pandaria than any of the expansions, imo. I never bothered to do dailies because they never had rewards that made it worth it to me and thusly I never got into the story of why those people are there, but with MoP there is a reason to do them and now I actually enjoy them because I realize just how amazing it is the actually play a role in the story.
    Last edited by Mojibake; 2013-01-02 at 09:46 AM.

something needs to be done so late ppl can catch up in arenas, it doesnt have to be alot, but something would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Holycrush View Post
    Both sets are like ... horrible. I love the DK shoulders tho I wish they could work more on the head piece. won't even comment the warrior one. What were they even thinking?
    I agree! HORRIBLE!
    Who's the genius behind this design set? /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Dekay View Post
    Because rep is such a demanding system. Honestly, if you're casual you shouldn't be worried about "OMGZ I NEED 489 GEARS RIGHT NAOW!!" If you do one set of dailies (30-45 min) per day you can still gain rep fairly quickly on a casual schedule. Plus, with the commendations you can get rep for alts twice as fast . Just because the system requires you to do more than queue, AFK, AFK while hitting some buttons (LFR), then rinse and repeat does not make it broken.

Edit: Not to mention that with VP caps it takes some time to gain valor and you might even be revered with a rep before you have the VP for the item. Reputations also allow you to become more involved in the lore of Pandaria than any of the expansions, imo. I never bothered to do dailies because they never had rewards that made it worth it to me and thusly I never got into the story of why those people are there, but with MoP there is a reason to do them and now I actually enjoy them because I realize just how amazing it is the actually play a role in the story.
    Definitely you are not a casual player/raider (which i think it is his point). And being able to just do those raids (LFR), easy or not, afk or not, its the only way for some ppl to have fun in the game.
    There lays the unfortunate truth that the drop rate of items is indeed too low. That leads to you just have to focus on grinding dailies, it is boring enough on main character, now imagine doing it on multiple alts, at this point i feel that my alts have no point of being leveled, more dailies plus poor drop rate in LFR, pff.
    I do not agree with the amount of dailies implemented and definitely cant agree with the drop rate on lfr, as a person that has, and enjoy playing many toons that does not reach my goal and makes me lose interest in the game completely and just log to raid normal modes on my main, but hey, thats me.
    This said the man has a point and a valid one in my opinion, no QQ here, facts are facts.
    Ciao

How "bad" would it for the game if LFR never dropped twice the same item (DW aside) ? Did you do that projection internally ?
    If players could gear up that much faster, then they'd finish the content (and demand something new) that much faster...

Wow.............. So doing LFR, not getting loot, getting frustrated with the game counts as content now? Nice.

Deleted
    the warrior set looks awful on a human but damn good on a orc i guess it comes down to what race you are.

I don't get why people nag about not enough incentive for 25. There is a pretty good reason why there aren't many people doing 25. It is because there simply are not enough people interested. 10 man raiding just makes way more sense. It's easier to organize and frankly much more fun.

The gear for this tier and season is probably the blandest one yet. They get more dull and homogenous each time, and now there's really only a shred of each class's personality shining through. Now there's no way I could tell what class they belong to, or even if the set is cloth/leather/mail/plate, if it wasn't spelled out for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinora View Post
    I don't get why people nag about not enough incentive for 25. There is a pretty good reason why there aren't many people doing 25. It is because there simply are not enough people interested. 10 man raiding just makes way more sense. It's easier to organize and frankly much more fun.
    Year, it's more fun because you get the same loot for an easier raid. That's why there aren't so much 25 mens anymore. Not because they love 10s, no, they just get the same loot for just nothing. 25s need some incentives and you will see how all the guys would come back to 25s.

No need to split ID's again, but give the 25s four itemlevels more and every player needs to decide if he wanna go freeloot 10s or 25s with a little bit better gear. This would make sense in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskaron View Post
    Year, it's more fun because you get the same loot for an easier raid. That's why there aren't so much 25 mens anymore. Not because they love 10s, no, they just get the same loot for just nothing. 25s need some incentives and you will see how all the guys would come back to 25s.

No need to split ID's again, but give the 25s four itemlevels more and every player needs to decide if he wanna go freeloot 10s or 25s with a little bit better gear. This would make sense in my opinion.
    Haha.

Oh you're serious?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinora View Post
    I think it's just a lack of enough same skilled players and not an interest problem. Finding 25people of the same skill level who will be content with eachother is a very hard task to complete on 1 realm.
    Many people would like to return to bigger raids. Feels more epic and waaaaaaaaaaay better loot distribution. Organising 25m vs 10m isn't hard at all and higher hardware requirements is also easily solved.
    I'm of the opinion that 25m is allready way more attractive than 10m but due to skill disparity it's just harder to make a raid but that's not something Blizzard can fix by giving more rewards.

It's Blizzard's fault because they make fights so hard basically. If the guy at the bottom of the dps wouldn't be blocking your raid from a new kill, nobody would care that he's bad.
    It's what vanilla raiding was. Fill up a raid with 40people who had required FR and go have fun together not caring if someone did 500dps or 600dps.