Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[A Test of Valor]

This is a PSA, reposting it from the WoW D&R, hopefully it gets hotfixed, likely will, but holding onto the Eye until then:

"Please be warned that at the end of your questline, you will be given an Eye of the Black Prince which applies your prismatic socket to a Sha-Touched weapon, but this eye is a ONE TIME USE ONLY! This means that once you use the eye, it is gone for good, and there does not seem to be a way of getting a second one!

This means that if you have an LFR or normal version of your Sha-Touched weapon, and you know you will be able to get a better version within the tier, I would HIGHLY suggest holding on to your Eye, and using it later. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Also Blizzard, you really need to add something to that quest that states it is a one-time use. People are going to be burning it on crappy versions of their weapons without knowing, and be stuck with that choice. This is especially misleading when the Sha-Touched gems ARE able to be bought again, and put into multiple weapons (just not equipped at the same time)."

I fail to see why anyone would think that a gem would have more then a one time use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    I fail to see why anyone would think that a gem would have more then a one time use.
    The quest reward is a SOCKET, not a gem. Blizzard allows you to buy the step 1 gem repeatedly; seems they haven't thought of doing the same to the socket.

Thank you for the warning, OP. I'll stay clear of adding that one-time socket to my LFR weapon then. Don't want to waste it on anything below normal mode Shek'zeer.

This isn't the 500 int gem. It's the Eye of the Black Prince socket enhancement: http://www.wowhead.com/item=93403 At this time, there is no way to purchase a second Eye of the Black Prince like you can with the 500 int gem.

Edit: Seriss got to it first!

Oh wow, sorry about that, missunderstood. But, wasn't the quest to get 6000 valor? How can you already have this socket?

This is so stupid that I am certain it must be true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Oh wow, sorry about that, missunderstood. But, wasn't the quest to get 6000 valor? How can you already have this socket?
    If you were on 0/1000 Valor earned the day 5.1 went live (and already had all sigils) you could reach 6000 valor (yesterday in US) today in EU assuming you've already capped this weeks reset.

Thanks for the heads up OP
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    I hope we see a change to this to enable it to be re-purchased for some outrageous currency draining/sink price much like the gem.
    I currently have the normal mode sha weapon, seems brutal to not be able to use the socket for the next 2-3 months until I own the heroic version, by then I expect we will be looking at normal mode Thunder King weapons and facing the same dilemma. I am one of these mad people that did use a 500 socket in the LFR weapon, only to replace it with normal mode 3 weeks later and have to buy a 10 grand gem!
    Almost have the valor for the socket and now it all seems kinda pointless.....
    Last edited by mmoc65ebc22d92; 2013-01-02 at 11:52 AM.

Obvious question, you add another 5.1 gem into it right?

This would make the third gem I've bought -_- At least the dps increase from one gem isn't all that serious.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post

This would make the third gem I've bought -_- At least the dps increase from one gem isn't all that serious.
    No. The gems are still Unique-Equipped, so you can only ever have one in a weapon regardless of how many slots it has.
    Last edited by Gurbz; 2013-01-02 at 03:24 PM.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Once you complete the Test of Valor you get an item that will add a prismatic socket to your Sha-Touched weapon. That socket can't hold Sha-Touched gems and as such you won't need to spend 10,000 gold on another Sha-Touched gem.

OP: Thanks for the heads-up, but I doubt this'll last. Seems pretty stupid to me.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

I expect this to change. At current rate and amount of bosses still ahead of us, our 6-9h/week guild will probably not get Shek'zeer in hard mode prior to patch 5.2, and will probably go back and eventually get heroic maces at some point. So wasting stuff on normal version seems not good if this is true.

So, you add... a normal gem? Or is there a new one coming later?

I am out of the loop for this whole quest chain >_>

So, you add... a normal gem? Or is there a new one coming later?

I am out of the loop for this whole quest chain >_>
    Yeah, you would use a normal gem in the additional socket. At least that is what you would do based on the information we have now. Nobody knows what the next steps are going to be, nor what the next reward is.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

It just won't stand that they give you a legendary that just sits in your bank while you agonize over what weapons you might get in the future. That is the opposite of fun and punishes everyone who is somewhere between a confirmed casual and a devout raider. You have to be able to purchase another one. If they don't want dual-wielders to use two of them, then make them unique-equipped. I guess that would require some new code since blacksmith sockets are limited by slot rather than quantity.

What would happen if the new raid drops a Sha touched weapon or even one of the black prince quests drop one?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Nobody knows what the next steps are going to be, nor what the next reward is.
    The next step (in 5.2) will reward a head enchantment called "Crown of the Heavens", but that's all we know about it.

Also the next part is complete speculation, but all sha-touched weapons drop from bosses that are very sha-involved, it's unlikely that any would drop from the mogu/troll themed raid. Because of the legendary weapon icons datamined during beta, it seems very likely that our sha-touched weapons will stick with us through the expansion, constantly gaining in power as we make them "our own" with Wrathion's help, to finally become legendary quality at some point during the last raid.
    Last edited by Joán; 2013-01-02 at 04:37 PM.

Thank you OP. I would have used this on my LFR weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    I don't think they want you to add a socket on both weapons if dual wielding, and I don't see them having implemented any kind of tech to prevent it.

I'm not actually sure we'll see a "fix" this time around.
    I don't see that adding an additional socket to a second weapon would be all that big a deal. At most we are talking about +160 to a primary stat or +320 to a secondary stat. Not really game breaking.