Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    I don't see that adding an additional socket to a second weapon would be all that big a deal. At most we are talking about +160 to a primary stat or +320 to a secondary stat. Not really game breaking.
    There are raiders who race change to Pandaren for Epicurean. +160 primary stat OR +320 secondary stat is a pretty big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    There are raiders who race change to Pandaren for Epicurean. +160 primary stat OR +320 secondary stat is a pretty big deal.
    It's a little more than half the benefit of Epicurean, which still isn't the best racial for most classes. It's really not a big deal. The fact that casters have access to a 516 dagger and no one else does is a bigger deal.

Seems kind of lame, all that work in 5.1 and you get....a single gem socket?

The 5.0 quest line reward/ending was really cool, getting +160 stats is...underwhelming.

I don't think they want you to add a socket on both weapons if dual wielding, and I don't see them having implemented any kind of tech to prevent it.

I'm not actually sure we'll see a "fix" this time around.
    I'm not sure of the math since I don't play a dual wield class but since the legendary gems are unique-equipped you could only have 1 in the pair. I don't think having the socket in the second weapon would be that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    It's not a big deal. It's a benefit, but it's not going to suddenly make you one-shot bosses. That extra gem equates to 550dps or so... out of 115k -_-; I'd be better served to just make sure I don't screw up my rotation for a 15 second window than worry about that gem.

That said, it's underwhelming end to this part of the quest chain, if that's all it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    I don't think they want you to add a socket on both weapons if dual wielding, and I don't see them having implemented any kind of tech to prevent it.

I'm not actually sure we'll see a "fix" this time around.
    can make the socket unique equipped. I wouldnt put it past their coding abilities.

As combat ideally ill use 2 fist
    as combat ideally ill use 2 daggers

or if someone plays prot pally and ret pally, completely diffrent weapons, they can only add it for one spec's weapons

Well, this is stupid indeed. Thanks for the heads up. I will wait for H lei shi to give up the goods when we kill her.

They probably could make it unique equipped somehow, but that probably is low on their to-do list with 5.2 and all. It'll probably remain this way.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    I fail to see why anyone would think that a gem would have more then a one time use.
    Because it's legendary, takes a tremendous amount of work, and works on weapons that have RF, Normal and Heroic versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Seems kind of lame, all that work in 5.1 and you get....a single gem socket?

The 5.0 quest line reward/ending was really cool, getting +160 stats is...underwhelming.
    The gem also gets upgraded to 550 stats.

Sure, not as epic as the first part, but considering this particular part can be done with 0 raid content... I'm ok with it being a bit less epic. Should make 5.2's part seem even more awesome in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Joán View Post
    The next step (in 5.2) will reward a head enchantment called "Crown of the Heavens", but that's all we know about it.

Also the next part is complete speculation, but all sha-touched weapons drop from bosses that are very sha-involved, it's unlikely that any would drop from the mogu/troll themed raid. Because of the legendary weapon icons datamined during beta, it seems very likely that our sha-touched weapons will stick with us through the expansion, constantly gaining in power as we make them "our own" with Wrathion's help, to finally become legendary quality at some point during the last raid.
    Wrong.

It's not even a head enchant!

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...09601508163585

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Wrong.

It's not even a head enchant!

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...09601508163585
    And the patchnotes say the exact opposite.

"Along the way, they'll unlock the secrets to a new headgear enchantment, the Crown of the Heavens." - Source

That literally means head enchant. Maybe he means it isn't a head enchant as we know them(boring +stat/+secondary stat).
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    And the patchnotes say the exact opposite.

"Along the way, they'll unlock the secrets to a new headgear enchantment, the Crown of the Heavens." - Source

That literally means head enchant. Maybe he means it isn't a head enchant as we know them(boring +stat/+secondary stat).
    He also says that "Players are reading way too much into that patch note." and "I think you are jumping to conclusions about the mechanic. Check it out in game first."

PTR notes are subject to change too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    The gem also gets upgraded to 550 stats.

Sure, not as epic as the first part, but considering this particular part can be done with 0 raid content... I'm ok with it being a bit less epic. Should make 5.2's part seem even more awesome in comparison.
    Seems it got scrapped, when you finish the quest your gem doesn't get upgraded to 550. Though the text is there if you try to open the chest before Wrathion finish talking, it says "choose one the three rewards inside" or something to that lines.

Anyways, I will wait until a blue post before using it. It's not like the %*?# sha have dropeed me a weapon. And I'm not using it in the 2h axe until I know I can get a second one for the 1H.

Deleted
    Well this is indeed stupid.
    But still I'm 496 item level equipped with...blue weapon Shit just refuses to show up, after 70~ rolls including coins my epic weapon still remains a Bigfoot. Legends say it exists, somewhere, just nobody ever saw it.
    Even that gem rots in my bank for sixth week and there are people receiving SECOND upgrade already.

Well if I somehow get normal lei shi gun i will socket it regardless, 2/2 upgraded gives item level 504 with 660 additional gemmed agility. With RNG this bad to receive even normal (heck, LFR!) fucking weapon I'm not going to wait for heroic one, esp when we raid 10-man and Lei Shi drops 1 token and 1 (one!) item out of 17 random items, one of which is my gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    One time use you say, bah! Hopefully there will be new sha-touched weapons next patch then. no way I am wasting a one time only enchantment on the current LFR weapons. (I only do LFR).
    I am weeks away from getting it anyway so might as well wait and see if they add more sha-touched weapons.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    It's a little more than half the benefit of Epicurean, which still isn't the best racial for most classes. It's really not a big deal. The fact that casters have access to a 516 dagger and no one else does is a bigger deal.
    The 516 dagger isn't bis for any caster so does it really matter? Not to mention the immense difficulty of killing heroic Elite Protectors even post nerf so this point is moot.

The Eye of the Black Prince really seemed like a last minute thing (not much was mentioned about it when the patch went live). So it would seem they did not think everything through mechanically. That being said if their intent is for us to use these weapons throughout the entire expansion (which I doubt very much) you really think they are going to screw over everyone who used them on normal/LFR versions? Highly doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    He also says that "Players are reading way too much into that patch note." and "I think you are jumping to conclusions about the mechanic. Check it out in game first."

PTR notes are subject to change too.
    I'm not reading into it at all. He's just saying that what the patchnote literally tells us is wrong.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

15+ Year Old Account

Does this mean a Sha-Touched Weapon can have 2 sockets?

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    Should've saved for 5.2
    Last edited by Raider321; 2013-01-04 at 10:42 PM. Reason: 5.2 not 5.1