Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Yeah, you would use a normal gem in the additional socket. At least that is what you would do based on the information we have now. Nobody knows what the next steps are going to be, nor what the next reward is.
    the next reward is a head enchant

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 04:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    And the patchnotes say the exact opposite.

"Along the way, they'll unlock the secrets to a new headgear enchantment, the Crown of the Heavens." - Source

That literally means head enchant. Maybe he means it isn't a head enchant as we know them(boring +stat/+secondary stat).
    hmm maybe its some kind of vanity effect or something?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider321 View Post
    Should've saved for 5.1
    gotta find my time machine first, then ill go back and wait for it.

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    gotta find my time machine first, then ill go back and wait for it.
    Should've saved for 5.2

This sha touched crap doesn't work very well for rogues. Can't use sha touched fist+sha touched dagger unless you get a second one just to not gem. Costs 10k to have a proper offspec mainhand. Can't get the extra socket on the offspec weapon. Then on the other hand on my druid I only need the sha touched staff and its g2g for moonkin+resto.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaustos View Post
    This sha touched crap doesn't work very well for rogues. Can't use sha touched fist+sha touched dagger unless you get a second one just to not gem. Costs 10k to have a proper offspec mainhand. Can't get the extra socket on the offspec weapon. Then on the other hand on my druid I only need the sha touched staff and its g2g for moonkin+resto.

OH MY GOD... you mean 2 specs use the same weapon?
    Not like there's two rogue specs who use daggers or anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaustos View Post
    Spiritsever is just fine for OS Combat OH. Just don't put a gem in your Shek'zeer.

You should swap your daggers, btw. Dagger of the Seven stars does more damage, so it should be in your MH.

Deleted
    There's an easy fix for that to prevent rogues from getting 2 sockets.

Give Wrathion the ability to give you back the eye by removing it from your currently equipped weapon.
    This way we can move the socket from a weapon to another of from a lfr/normal to an heroic one.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider321 View Post
    Should've saved for 5.2
    Who knows, maybe they will implement a way to get more when 5.2 drops.

If I have my bis item this tier I will use it because I will have it for the rest of this tier + some of the next tier just because of the huge amount of stats on it from the gem + the prismatic socket.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    OH MY GOD... you mean 2 specs use the same weapon?
    Not like there's two rogue specs who use daggers or anything...
    You sure do have a helpful post history..

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Spiritsever is just fine for OS Combat OH. Just don't put a gem in your Shek'zeer.

You should swap your daggers, btw. Dagger of the Seven stars does more damage, so it should be in your MH.
    Yea Spiritsever is fine, that's the point. I got a Claw first so of course I gemmed it. Few weeks later I got a Spiritsever for a MH with assassin. Couldn't use it with the Claw and had to keep a weaker weapon (N Seven Stars) instead. It just feels really janky to not be able to use your best loot because gemming makes it impossible to pair them. It's not a huge deal, but legendary bonuses shouldn't feel that way.

Good point about swapping. Just got it tonight to replace the non-heroic version in my OH, hadn't thought about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    I fail to see why anyone would think that a gem would have more then a one time use.
    This is off-topic I know but I have to say I laughed really hard when I read your sig. Stjartleif is a friend of mine and I remember when we played that BG together.

Ugh I hate earning rewards then waiting to use them until i get a normal or better item because its pointless to waste stuff like this on LFR gear.

They should have at least made the item so that it has infinite uses, but a very long recharge time (like 20-30 days)
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2013-01-05 at 12:27 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

It got hotfixed. Can buy another one for 2250g now! Hurray! Use away.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    It got hotfixed. Can buy another one for 2250g now! Hurray! Use away.
    You can buy it at the VP vendor in townlong steppes.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Very nice indeed

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."