High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Assistance with TellMeWhen?

After almost a two year hiatus, I've recently resubbed and have decided to play on my paladin. I've setup my UI with almost no hitches right up until I attempted to track the cooldown AND durations of my GoAK, potions, and Inquisition spells. I used to use TellMeWhen to do this, because back then, and as I've discovered up until now.. PowerAuras, WeakAuras, and several others are either extremely clunky or just a bit too absurd in terms of screen real estate and system add-on memory usage.

I like icons, and timers within these icons, especially since I've been playing an MMO that requires a DPS or a tank to pay very close attention to the iconic buffs or debuffs in almost all of the content.

Getting to the point, if anyone could take me step by step through the process of appropriately setting up TellMeWhen to show the durations of GoAK, Inquisition, and various potions correctly.. I'd be very grateful and you'd have put a stupid grin on my face for the rest of this expansion.
    My former UI

Tunguskä: So will people be able to by pass T11 raids by sticking to Heroics? Or shall they be forth which is what is it and not?
    Thaumatrope: Of course they shall. Don't tell me you actually thought they'd be forth which isn't what it is and not? Please.

1) /tmw
    2) Right click on an icon space
    3) Buff/Debuff
    4) Checkmark "Enabled"
    5) Units to watch = "Self"
    6) Buff
    7) Checkmark "Show timer" and "Show timer text"
    8) Under duration requirements... checkmark Maximum... make it 100 if you want it to always show the duration left on your CDs.
    9) Make sure "Present" is checked at 100% and "Absent" is not checked.
    10) Type in the spell at the top... for some reason when you do this first and you do any of the steps #5-9 it'll erase the spell so that's why you do this last.
    11) Hit okay
    12) /tmw to test it out.

I believe that's how it works... I just google imaged "tellmewhen" and did this from memory since I'm at work. Hopefully it works for you!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theoffice View Post
    1) /tmw
    2) Right click on an icon space
    3) Buff/Debuff
    4) Checkmark "Enabled"
    5) Units to watch = "Self"
    6) Buff
    7) Checkmark "Show timer" and "Show timer text"
    8) Under duration requirements... checkmark Maximum... make it 100 if you want it to always show the duration left on your CDs.
    9) Make sure "Present" is checked at 100% and "Absent" is not checked.
    10) Type in the spell at the top... for some reason when you do this first and you do any of the steps #5-9 it'll erase the spell so that's why you do this last.
    11) Hit okay
    12) /tmw to test it out.

I believe that's how it works... I just google imaged "tellmewhen" and did this from memory since I'm at work. Hopefully it works for you!
    None of that worked because you're quoting from older non-working versions, but I took another crack at it, and I'm wearing the most ridiculous smile on my face now. Thanks for the reply.
    My former UI

Tunguskä: So will people be able to by pass T11 raids by sticking to Heroics? Or shall they be forth which is what is it and not?
    Thaumatrope: Of course they shall. Don't tell me you actually thought they'd be forth which isn't what it is and not? Please.

There's always videos up on how to set up certain addons on youtube.. take a look :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theoffice View Post
    If you press Enter after entering the spell name, it saves it; otherwise it won't unless you do it and press Okay immediately.

Deleted
    Hi there
    here is the export of my setup with TMW :
    ^1^T^STextLayouts^T ^Sicon1^T ^N1^T ^t^N2^T ^t^t^S,QOV4I7-yOI:^T ^N1^T ^SName^SBoris~`Black~`Bloxx ^SConstrainWidth^b ^SStringName^SNumber ^SSize^N26 ^t^SGUID^S,QOV4I7-yOI: ^SName^SCenter~`Number~`2 ^t^t^SNumGroups^N3 ^SSoundChannel^SMaster ^SColors^T ^SGLOBAL^T ^SNS^T ^Sa^N1 ^SOverride^B ^t^SCTS^T ^Sa^N1 ^SOverride^B ^t^SCTA^T ^Sa^N1 ^SOverride^B ^t^SNA^T ^Sa^N1 ^SOverride^B ^t^SCOS^T ^Sa^N1 ^SOverride^B ^t^t^t^SVersion^N61103 ^SGroups^T ^N1^T ^SPoint^T ^Sy^F-5885444524751567 ^f-47^Sx ^F7933966044984572^f-46 ^t^SScale^F5110307391609814 ^f-51^SRows ^N3^SColumns ^N3^SIcons ^T^N1^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Sbuff ^SAlpha^N0.65 ^SName^SGuardian~`of~`Ancient~`Kings ^SShowTimerTextnoOCC^B ^SConditions^T ^N1^T ^SType^STREE ^SLevel^N3 ^t^Sn^N1 ^t^SEnabled^B ^t^N2^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Sbuff ^SAlpha^N0.65 ^SConditions^T ^N2^T ^SType^SCOMBAT ^t^Sn^N2 ^t^SShowTimerText^B ^SShowTimerTextnoOCC^B ^SName^S120032 ^SEnabled^B ^t^N3^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Sbuff ^SAlpha^N0.65 ^SName^SAvenging~`Wrath ^SShowTimerTextnoOCC^B ^SConditions^T ^N1^T ^SType^STREE ^SLevel^N3 ^t^Sn^N1 ^t^SEnabled^B ^t^N4^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Sbuff ^SAlpha^N0.65 ^SName^S126582 ^SShowTimerTextnoOCC^B ^SOnlyMine^B ^SEnabled^B ^SConditions^T ^N2^T ^SType^SCOMBAT ^t^Sn^N2 ^t^t^N5^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Sbuff ^SAlpha^N0.65 ^SName^S128986 ^SShowTimerTextnoOCC^B ^SOnlyMine^B ^SEnabled^B ^SConditions^T ^N1^T ^SType^SCOMBAT ^t^Sn^N1 ^t^t^N6^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Sbuff ^SAlpha^N0.65 ^SShowTimerText^B ^SShowTimerTextnoOCC^B ^SConditions^T ^N2^T ^SType^SCOMBAT ^t^Sn^N2 ^t^SName^S125489 ^SEnabled^B ^SOnlyMine^B ^t^N7^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Sicd ^SUnAlpha^N0.2 ^SName^S126582:~`45 ^SShowTimerTextnoOCC^B ^SShowWhen^N1 ^SConditions^T ^N1^T ^SType^STREE ^SLevel^N3 ^t^Sn^N1 ^t^SEnabled^B ^t^N8^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Sicd ^SUnAlpha^N0.2 ^SName^S128986:~`45 ^SShowTimerTextnoOCC^B ^SShowWhen^N1 ^SConditions^T ^N1^T ^SType^STREE ^SLevel^N3 ^t^Sn^N1 ^t^SEnabled^B ^t^N9^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Sicd ^SUnAlpha^N0.2 ^SName^S125489:~`60 ^SShowTimerTextnoOCC^B ^SShowWhen^N1 ^SConditions^T ^N1^T ^SType^STREE ^SLevel^N3 ^t^Sn^N1 ^t^SEnabled^B ^t^t^t^N2^T ^SPoint^T ^Sy^F5748582100213240 ^f-46^Sx ^F-5968103039304049^f-46 ^Spoint^SBOTTOM ^SrelativePoint^SBOTTOM ^t^SScale^F4954944206594822 ^f-51^SEnabled ^B^SColumns ^N1^SIcons ^T^N1^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SOnlyMine^B ^SSort^N-1 ^SType^Sbuff ^SUnAlpha^N0.7 ^SAlpha^N0.5 ^SName^SInquisition ^SShowTimerTextnoOCC^B ^SEvents^T ^N1^T ^SType^SSound ^SSound^SCheer ^SEvent^SOnShow ^t^N2^T ^SType^SSound ^SSound^SWar~`Drums ^SEvent^SOnHide ^t^Sn^N2 ^t^SShowWhen^N3 ^SConditions^T ^N1^T ^SType^STREE ^SLevel^N3 ^t^N2^T ^SType^SCOMBAT ^t^N3^T ^SType^SBUFFDUR ^SChecked^B ^SOperator^S<= ^SName^SInquisition ^SLevel^N8 ^t^Sn^N3 ^t^SEnabled^B ^t^t^t^N3^T ^SPoint^T ^Sy^F5748490768181603 ^f-46^Sx ^F6997820266581260^f-46 ^Spoint^SBOTTOM ^SrelativePoint^SBOTTOM ^t^SScale^N2.2 ^SEnabled^B ^SIcons^T ^N1^T ^SType^Sconditionicon ^SEvents^T ^N1^T ^SType^SSound ^SSound^SShing! ^SEvent^SOnShow ^SPassThrough^b ^t^Sn^N1 ^t^SConditions^T ^N1^T ^SType^SHOLY_POWER ^SLevel^N5 ^t^Sn^N1 ^t^SCLEUEvents^T ^S^B ^t^SEnabled^B ^SFakeHidden^B ^t^N2^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Scooldown ^SUnAlpha^N0.25 ^SAlpha^N0.7 ^SName^S86698 ^SShowTimerTextnoOCC^B ^SEvents^T ^N1^T ^SType^SSound ^SSound^SBBQ~`Ass ^SEvent^SOnAlphaInc ^t^Sn^N1 ^t^SShowWhen^N3 ^SConditions^T ^N1^T ^SType^SINSTANCE ^SOperator^S>= ^SLevel^N1 ^t^Sn^N1 ^t^SEnabled^B ^t^N3^T ^SShowTimer^B ^SType^Scooldown ^SUnAlpha^N0.2 ^SAlpha^N0.7 ^SName^SAvenging~`Wrath ^SShowTimerTextnoOCC^B ^SEvents^T ^N1^T ^SType^SSound ^SSound^SBig~`Yankie~`Devil ^SEvent^SOnAlphaInc ^t^Sn^N1 ^t^SShowWhen^N3 ^SConditions^T ^N1^T ^SType^SINSTANCE ^SOperator^S>= ^SLevel^N1 ^t^Sn^N1 ^t^SEnabled^B ^t^t^t^t^t^N61103^S~`~| ^Sprofile^SMetasaigneur~`-~`Hyjal ^^
    Yes, it is on one line, and it's totally normal.
    Here is a screenshot on how to import it :

FEATURES :
    Group 1 : tracks INQUISITION on a isolated group so that you may move it easily. Only show up when 8sec are remaining, whith a sound to alert you, and another sound to confirm you refreshed. Only shows up when in combat.

Group 2 : tracks personnal buffs such as trinkets and their ICD, duration of GoAK and AW, Tailoring buff since I have it. (I don't use Hoy avenger, but simply drag and drop the AW icons and chose "copy here" then right click on it to just change the spellID/spellname to Holy avenger). No sounds here since it pretty much on demand or under surveillance before using CD so... Buffs only show up when in combat, but ICD are always shown (to be sure to pull a boss with everything available)

Group 3 : Track CD of GoAK and AW with low alpha when on CD and sound to alert you when either one come off CD, with 100% alpha. There is an "empty" icon that just play a sound when you reach 5HoPo to prevent you from casting a HP builder in vain. Shows only when in an instance.

Try it out, play around with the parameters and conditions to make it yours.

Important detail : I use ElvUI so be sure to check the "show timer" option on EACH icon instead of "Show elvui timer"

I hope it may help anyone here.
    Good luck!