Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Killem View Post
    As I dropped Affliction which startet to get very dull after time (and don't raid active anymore), I use KJC only in very rare occasions, because Demo has a good mobility and Destruction doesn't loose too much DPS, if you know how to use felflame.

In fact I find myself more dependend on MF. It increases your ability to cleave as Demo with HoG and on multi target fights it's very useful as Destruction for increasing your ember gain.
    MF is dangerous in dungeons. *cough*

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 07:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    Its funny how GC said he doesnt want casters to move and cast and yet this fucking spell is still in the game. Get rid of this and blood fear and destro locks can kiss my butt
    Well, this guy knows how to get on the bad side of locks.

KC should be baseline for *all* casted damage spells in the game. Hunters and warlocks are finally in a fun place when it comes to mobility - everyone should be here. If anything, it actually goes to what most high level pvpers and the devs want, a focus on casting spells - not instant spamming.

Eventually (6.0), lower the dmg/number of instant cast abilities and CC, shift more dmg back into get a cast off, and let everyone cast dmg spells on the move (heals stay stationary). Melee = limited range/instant cast, Caster = long range/cast times, everybody gets to be mobile except for healers. Done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    if they ever removed that talent, i think i will be devastated =(
    Definately.

I still use Mannoroth's Fury for Elegon HC, but everywhere else I use KJC. It is simply amazing...
    I was sceptical at first, about getting used to not being able to cancel casts by simply moving and tbh I am still getting used to the new stopcasting keybinding (escape is too far for me). It's fun to work with and has some small mechanics to it that makes it even more so. Such as start a cast -> move without penalty (except channels) as well as Unbound Will to remove the slow for fights like Blade Lord.

I thoroughly enjoy it. And I agree with others in saying that it seems too powerful, but in the end I guess it doesn't really change our numbers all that much, it just makes for a more enjoyable gameplay as a caster.

Demo can get arround without KJ, Aff too to a certain point aswell(lifetap, felflame works ok for movment)

Destro imo needs it, Felflame spam eats alot of mana and mana for destro is just like energy system

I actually use Fel Flame with a stop casting macro, if ure quick enough you will interupt yourself during a GCD so you dont cast anything, and if u dont, you get a free fel flame.

There are a few places where even just the 30% slow can get dicey. I'm thinking during the later stages of Spirit Kings HM, with double flanking going off in addition to plenty of other things to avoid. I do expect it to be nerfed before the release of 5.2 because it's just too good right now and goes against their stance of not making mandatory talents/glyphs.

I'm a bit confused though. I understand not being able to cast while moving is one of the things that doesn't make playing a caster completely brainless and better than melee. But then why was it made so hunters are 100% mobile? And locks are mobile with just 30% slow? Even Scorch gives mages a decent movement option.

That being said, I originally thought this tier was melee unfriendly but in retrospect, I did not notice how many mechanics are caster-only targeted, so I think it might actually be relatively fair.

The only time i didnt use KJC was during progression on Elegon. I am very attached and I would be very sad if they changed it.

This thread has me curious.
    A majority of the people seem to think it's either a must have talent, or at least an extremely useful talent.
    ...but according to wowpopular, people aren't using it much.
    Is the site wrong?
    http://www.wowpopular.com/Talents/Warlock

I basically can't play without KJC anymore, the movement debuff can be annoying but generally is not something a little Burning Rush, Gateway or Portal won't be able to help with.

Quote Originally Posted by Wispur View Post
    This thread has me curious.
    A majority of the people seem to think it's either a must have talent, or at least an extremely useful talent.
    ...but according to wowpopular, people aren't using it much.
    Is the site wrong?
    http://www.wowpopular.com/Talents/Warlock
    You'd be surprised at how many people don't know the little stop-trick when starting a cast. The talent is less useful if you don't know/use it.

I love when i'm getting knocked back while casting chaos bolt LOLOL, srz though in pve this talent makes everything feel so natural. I know it may go or worse be nerfed and un useable, but I really hope it doesn't. I don't think it makes us OP as I still use other talents depending on the scenario.

I think if a question needs to be asked, it's is AV and MF underwhelming?

Not sure where AV is in everything, I haven't used it for months. I tend to use MF with Demo though. Dat AOE radius. Plus if you know a movement phase is coming up, you can time it with a well-placed Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Not sure where AV is in everything, I haven't used it for months. I tend to use MF with Demo though. Dat AOE radius. Plus if you know a movement phase is coming up, you can time it with a well-placed Meta.
    AV as Demonology scales with Meta, and in turn, Mastery. When used properly, its a 3% or more damage increase on almost every fight.

I don't remember wowpopular being anything but a novelty. If it's ever shown what you should be doing for the best performance it's an accident. It only shows whats popular. So the site probably isn't wrong about most people not choosing Kj, being Destruction or that they are also using the weapon enchant Windsong.

Many raiders find it valuable. But, If you aren't in situations where continuous long time casting is desired, it wouldn't be as useful. Since most people playing the game don't actually raid, it's not suprising the majority are doing something different.

Personally I love the talent. I don't even consider the movement debuff much of a tax really. I just plan my movement with that in the equation. I will be very sad when they take it away. But I really hope they let us keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    AV as Demonology scales with Meta, and in turn, Mastery. When used properly, its a 3% or more damage increase on almost every fight.
    Well, you learn something new every day. That's pretty decent.

People citing Wowpopular don't realize that the results are skewed by KJC pre-buff. No one used it for anything before it was buffed, so it looks like very few people ever use it when the opposite is true.

That's a pretty big exaggeration according to your own logs. It's 3% on two fights out of three dungeons. About 1 - 1 1/2% on two or three more bosses. On everything else the fight is bad for Demo and you went Destro or the damage from it is less than a %.

I'm not saying it's never worth taking or not valuable. But it's certainly not a 3% damage increase on almost every fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinjin View Post
    That's a pretty big exaggeration according to your own logs. It's 3% on two fights out of three dungeons. About 1 - 1 1/2% on two or three more bosses. On everything else the fight is bad for Demo and you went Destro or the damage from it is less than a %.

I'm not saying it's never worth taking or not valuable. But it's certainly not a 3% damage increase on almost every fight.
    KJC has a quality of life factor to it that is hard to put a % on. You'd need to tempt me with a seriously high % dps increase in order to persuade me to lose KJC on the majority of the raidfights, as they look now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    Its funny how GC said he doesnt want casters to move and cast and yet this fucking spell is still in the game. Get rid of this and blood fear and destro locks can kiss my butt
    Moving and casting shouldn't be an issue from a PVP perspective, not a large one anyway, knowing that they're slowed by 30%. Blood Fear, sure. Destro Lock = Chaos Bolt = Pillar and /laugh.

KJ is really good and I'm kind of surprised it actually made it into the game. Their are some annoying things like having to press esc to stop casting but overall I'm really happy with the talent (especially if their is a knock-back)

Personally I hope Blizzard doesn't change the talent to much because warlock mobility damage was always kind of bad compared to other casters. Other casters usually have baseline mobility ability which helped them, warlocks have portal but that is really situational compared to a simple thing as ghost wolf.

But I kind of doubt that Blizzard will make a major change at this stage of the expansion (maybe the next one). Warlocks (both pvp and pve) are balanced around the assumption that in terms of mobility that we can pick KJ, making it a cooldown (like the shaman one) would really hurt the class. However things might change if at some point during the expansion warlock mobile damage becomes to high, then Blizzard might implement tax on the damage or another drawback on the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Wispur View Post
    I'm the opposite, actually. For some reason I feel like KJ is constantly catching me at bad times and screwing me up. Every time I've tried to use it, I've switched back to AV shortly afterwards.
    I used to have this problem. It would get me killed on things like Heroic Blade Lord (snared for the Tempest = bad). However, I've learned to either time it so that I don't have the snare at an inopportune time, or to pop Burning Rush if I'm snared and NEED to move.

However, well placed lock ports have been the best thing to get me out of Blade Tempest lately.