Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by lichanator View Post
    Is this on Heroic kills?, cause standing in shit to gain damage on progression fights is one way to make your guild hate/sit you. You cant stand outside those bubbles for long on heroic. Healers would be spewing they have to waste mana on you.
    Off topic:
    There is a thing in this place. There are people that have not stepped into heroics but have a scholar attitude. There is a specific (and popular) poster that has done zero heroic kills, yet he has this attitude. I have no problem with that, really, since anyone is entitled in an opinion and myself have not finished the current content yet but well.... (was not implying rustive, I just remember that once more when I saw the right question from the quote).

Deleted
    I know the feeling.

The snare shafted me on blade lord heroic, the bladestorm thing being impossible to run out of with the snare, I swapped back to AV and then for the first pull after it I found I was so used to being able to move freely that I was getting surprised when my casts were interrupted by movement, which isn't a good sign. I'm too attached to it though, ended up going back to it and just not being an idiot and being careful not to snare myself close to the blade storms.

I can't help but feel it's possibly too strong, but that's maybe just because nerfs are so regular to anything looking remotely useful, alas, any -dmg component would probably make it something that was never taken, and the snare is already pretty dangerous in pvp.

I think it's perceived strength is amplified greatly by how mediocre our last talent tier is. AV is a load of garbage that's only taken when the other 2 have zero gain, MF is great, but only when we need large area AOE, outside of that it's obviously useless, KJC is completely useless if we never need to move, but if we need to move it's going to be better than AV - but that's not exactly hard to accomplish considering how pitiful AV is.

One of the talents needs to be something that's taken when neither of the other 2 particularly shine, similar to burning rush, it's not because burning rush is super awesome, it's that the other 2 talents are no use on most pve encounters so you take the one that's marginally useful - AV used to be that when KJC reduced damage, but that was just because even a 1% gain is more than 0 - that doesn't mean 1% is OP. KJC is just the new fallback.

1%-3% is nothing whenever there's movement on a fight. I have a very hard time justifying using AV even on fights like Wind Lord, Grand Empress and Protectors because I can't tell if I will gain anything out of it.

The biggest problem with KJC is as already mentioned that it has become the only real option for a big majority of the fights. I really think this should've been AV since it rewards skill and smart play, compared to MF and KJC which we just abuse atm.

I don't care how they fix it because honestly we're in such a good position as it is so simply nerfing KJC without compensation wouldn't harm us that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Whenever I have to switch to MF for a fight I find myself doing really big mistakes during movement. It wouldn't be hard to get used to playing without it again but the talent sure gives you some bad habits.

I don't think any ranged class should be able to keep the same DPS on movement heavy fights as they would've without movement. KJC should be purely a quality of life talent, not the better DPS option for most fights. Handling movement well should be rewarded. It really doesn't now.

If anything would happen to KJC I wish they will change Fel Flame at the same time. Refreshing dots that are buffed with procs when you dont have the buffs anymore just doesn't feel right.
    Just getting back into my lock now, but are you able to roll dots for the entire fight with procs via fel flame (ICC Corruption/5 man heroic crit trinket style lol)? Or am I misunderstanding that.

KJC is starting to give me some pretty bad habits on my lock. I know I could play better and not fall into these habits by playing my lock properly while I get back into it, but I don't like what it's giving me for the time being haha. I honestly wouldn't mind them nerfing it pretty big because it would force me to play properly haha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    Just getting back into my lock now, but are you able to roll dots for the entire fight with procs via fel flame (ICC Corruption/5 man heroic crit trinket style lol)? Or am I misunderstanding that.

KJC is starting to give me some pretty bad habits on my lock. I know I could play better and not fall into these habits by playing my lock properly while I get back into it, but I don't like what it's giving me for the time being haha. I honestly wouldn't mind them nerfing it pretty big because it would force me to play properly haha
    No, dot refreshing no longer works that way. You refresh them with your stats at current, which they snapshot and use until that dot is then again refreshed or falls off..

Example: You have a 7000 haste proc and cast a corruption, this corruption will have the 7000 haste benefit until you refresh it again, at which point it will have whatever stats you now have, until you refresh it a 2nd time.

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    No, dot refreshing no longer works that way. You refresh them with your stats at current, which they snapshot and use until that dot is then again refreshed or falls off..

Example: You have a 7000 haste proc and cast a corruption, this corruption will have the 7000 haste benefit until you refresh it again, at which point it will have whatever stats you now have, until you refresh it a 2nd time.
    That's what I thought but "I wish they will change Fel Flame at the same time. Refreshing dots that are buffed with procs when you dont have the buffs anymore just doesn't feel right." really confused me, figured I was missing out on some way to break dots with fel flame.

Quote Originally Posted by lichanator View Post
    Is this on Heroic kills?, cause standing in shit to gain damage on progression fights is one way to make your guild hate/sit you. You cant stand outside those bubbles for long on heroic. Healers would be spewing they have to waste mana on you.
    Just claim you're lagging and as previously mentioned, you might get a pain suppression or similar external, or some extra healing, and you'll be good to go for topping them meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Off topic:
    There is a thing in this place. There are people that have not stepped into heroics but have a scholar attitude. There is a specific (and popular) poster that has done zero heroic kills, yet he has this attitude. I have no problem with that, really, since anyone is entitled in an opinion and myself have not finished the current content yet but well.... (was not implying rustive, I just remember that once more when I saw the right question from the quote).
    Don't get me wrong, good DPS is good DPS, but it's a lot easier to pull good DPS in normals than heroics, just because you can min-max more, and focus less attention to more difficult mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    As subject says. I find myself needing this convenience to almost all my daily activities plus raids. I was leveling another lock to 90 and I was missing it so much that I had really gameplay problems. I got used to Fel Flame again but nothing beats KJ. Kitting was much worse as expected and I had to adjust my play. I am destro BTW in the second lock as well. Are you too so attached to KJ?
    Same here. I probably wouldn't even enjoy playing anymore without it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    That's what I thought but "I wish they will change Fel Flame at the same time. Refreshing dots that are buffed with procs when you dont have the buffs anymore just doesn't feel right." really confused me, figured I was missing out on some way to break dots with fel flame.
    I read that as just meaning "I wish fel flame didn't overwrite my buffed dots with crap ones", which was an issue, especially pre-KJC - usually you'd spam fel flame on movement if you didn't need to life tap, but with the higher importance of maintaining buffed dots this expansion, using that would often overwrite your dots with carp ones, so it was better to just run around doing nothing at times.

Saving talent for the whole class tbh. If you ask me, without the mobility it offers for Demonology and Destro, warlocks' representation would plummet to irrelevance. Affliction, which is our premier pvp spec is dead, and the other two survives and mobility is one of the major reasons.