Garalon Bug with Mistweavers?

I'm not sure if anyone else has been getting this. But we killed him H10 and now are working on 25. He'll probably die today. Anyway. I normally start the fight, 5 chi with Renewings rolling on everyone I can.

However, only vs Garalon, will I start getting 9-11 people with renewings on them before using TFT. I have a WA tracker for how many targets its on and my grid shows who has the hot rolling on them. And it all syncs up, I'll have 11 up before TFT. And its consistant between wipes, the number will vary but generally my WA will go crazy trying to calculate the numbers, flickering between 7 to 9 back to 7 then jumping to 11 or so. It also shows in the healing logs cause I'll have 100 or so more ticks of renewing compared to the other monk in the guild who is a better healer then I am. I play too conservative a healer and he plays knowing good healers are oom when the boss is 0%, not 100% mana like I usually am. v.v;

Anyway. This renewing mist jump bug has only been happening on garalon this last week and this week for me and I was wondering if anyone else has gotten it?
    I do not fear death. It's just dreaming in silence.

I don't know about Garalon specifically, but I do know that variances in your own personal haste combined with not using RM precisely on cooldown can cause fluctuations in the amount of targets available when you actually hit the Uplift that's been modified by TFT.

Another variable that very well may be specific to Garalon is the travel time of the mist. It's fast, but it's still nonzero, and particularly if you're using the glyph in a fight with people so spread out, differences in positioning could easily lead to differences in the RM buff application, and therefore its falloff time. In fights where you're not as spread out (like, all of them), you won't see this effect.

Oooh. The second one seems right. I forget about travel times that aren't actually instant. So me seeing those 1-2 seconds of 9-11 -without- TFT can just be a new renewing going out while the other renewings are in midflight for their bounces. Which would explain why I'd just suddenly lose them at times rather then the number dropping slowly as usual.
    I do not fear death. It's just dreaming in silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspunreality View Post
    Oooh. The second one seems right. I forget about travel times that aren't actually instant. So me seeing those 1-2 seconds of 9-11 -without- TFT can just be a new renewing going out while the other renewings are in midflight for their bounces. Which would explain why I'd just suddenly lose them at times rather then the number dropping slowly as usual.
    Right, and if one set of RM is falling off when the other one has just been cast and starting to bounce, the total number of RM buffs will go nuts for that second or so.

Deleted
    hey Unspunreality
    your talking about WA tracker ? whats the name of it.
    Would love to know...

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah renewing mist goes to the farthest target that is hurt, so the travel time might take a while.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Sounds like you're getting really lucky if you're getting 11 before TFT. Best I can get is 7 before TFT, sometimes I get 9 but never 11

@sympen Search for Renewing Mist pastebins for the Weak Aura import. It tracks how many are currently active on your raid and the lowest duration so you know when you're about to lose one RM on the raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludacritts View Post

@sympen Search for Renewing Mist pastebins for the Weak Aura import. It tracks how many are currently active on your raid and the lowest duration so you know when you're about to lose one RM on the raid.
    thx. found it