Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ...
20
28
29
30
31
32
40
... LastLast
  1. #581
    Quote Originally Posted by RH exact View Post
    25-man raids Are going to reset twice a week, just like all raids do in Korea and Taiwan.
    This makes no sense at all.

  2. #582
    How about this?

    They take 1 person for the top 100 25 man guilds and create 10 10 man groups.
    They take 2-3 people from the top 100 10 man guilds to create 10 25 man groups.

    They each give them 1 month to raid together and get to know each other and then have them run the hardmodes in the same gear. Each fight everyone gets upgraded gear so loot drops done matter.

    The groups that do better get to keep their original raid size as the one that loses becomes the casual raid style.

    1. They cannot switch out any classes for any fights so the 10 or 25 you go in with are the only ones you use.
    2. They will all have the same gear so RNG loot drops will have no advantages for any size.
    3. Anything else wanted to be added so that no size has any advantage over the other except in raid difficulty.

    That would be controvesial and fun to see.

  3. #583
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhelyo View Post
    No way this happens imo.He already said that they wont allow the items to drop already "enchanted" with vp (ilvl increase) on 25 man.
    So basically the revert to what wotlk was with 25 mans gear having higher stats than 10 is no way.
    I don't see the correlation. Especially given that having things already upgrade takes aware the role that valor points serves in that scenario, which is why that's a good call not to have them drop pre-upgraded. The asian market already has higher ilvl from 25.

  4. #584
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    This makes no sense at all.
    Think he means that raids will reset 2 times aweek tues/sat? then if you have a kill in a 10 man raid it will cancel the sat reset.

    So if you kill some 25 man bosses on tues and weds and then on fri you kill some more on 10 man then your raid will not reset on sat.

  5. #585
    Dreadlord Espe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Muscle, bone and sinew tangled.
    Posts
    864
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    How you are not banned
    Banned for speaking the truth? Or banned for giving my opinion, which happens to be backed up by the WoW devs? If you are upset about what I have to say, take it up with them.

    Also, pretty sure it is against the forum rules to call someone a troll...
    Just a few examples of typical conservatives. Read at your own risk:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Totally cool with abortion in rape scenarios, but making it widely available or expecting employers to provide it incentivizes women to whore themselves out and creates a nuisance
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    The reason many people are poor is because they DONT save any spare money they have. They blow it on things to entertain them or make them happy

  6. #586
    10-man & 25-man replaced by 15-man. No? :>

  7. #587
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Sinestra, Hagara, Blackhorn, Madness. They were all way way harder in 10 men. Spine was harder in 25 for a day tho, it was hotfixed nerfed and then it was the same but still easier on 25 because you could have 3 resto shaman with spirit link totem's opness.
    Blackhorn was way easier on 10 man than 25 man, it wasn't even close. The severely reduced DPS requirement compared to 25 meant that you could ignore a good chunk of the soaks, whereas you could ignore almost 0 soaks on 25 man at 0%. Madness was also considerably easier on 10 man because of the reduced DPS requirement, although it was way too easy for an end boss on both difficulties. Hagara is only one that I will agree with. Sinestra was only harder on 10 man until they put through the hot fix preventing 2 healers from getting linked at once. After that, it was probably easier on 10 man, because the lighter relative DPS requirements meant you could just 3 heal it and because you have a lot more room to move orbs in 10 man (and a lot less people to DC/lag/derp and kill the raid with them fixated on them).

  8. #588
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Again, it is obvious that the quote is referring to 25s in general. Just read it again and see.

    And again, there are already plenty of incentives for doing 25m instead of 10m. Some people just want the greater executional challenge of 10m. Some people like the easier route to gear and are willing to put up with the logistical (read: outside of the actual raid instance) effort required to get it in 25m.

    It's that simple.
    No it's not, quote was taken out of context and was talking about LFR only. It was followed by them saying that 25 man is more complex. Why don't you put a full quote in? If you are going to advocate for 10 man size then you should change your quote since this way no one is taking you seriously due to it being misleading. You're actually hurting relevance of anything you say due to it.
    And mods should be doing something about you, it's about time now. You are having out of context quote in your sig which is highly misleading and is not representing what devs actualy said in that blue post.
    Last edited by Radalek; 2013-01-06 at 03:27 PM.

  9. #589
    Fluffy Kitten Millennía's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,572
    Im assuming it will just be some quality of life bonuses for 25 man guilds to make it easier to organise and make it take less time. So small things like a guild achievement that rewards Have Group, Will travel but it has a shared guild cd and can only be used like once per day so it doesn't threaten the whole open world idea so at least the raid can get started a bit faster.

    Also maybe a guild achievement that rewards a set of amazing transmoggable armor, like challenge modes, with the guild colours or something.

  10. #590
    Bloodsail Admiral rashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Again, it is obvious that the quote is referring to 25s in general. Just read it again and see.

    And again, there are already plenty of incentives for doing 25m instead of 10m. Some people just want the greater executional challenge of 10m. Some people like the easier route to gear and are willing to put up with the logistical (read: outside of the actual raid instance) effort required to get it in 25m.

    It's that simple.
    No it does not.

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-Q-A?#comments

    The new LFR system you have in WoW now seems like a great way for people who dont have alot of time to donate to raiding guild environments a chance to see content that was most of the time closed to them, however im not a big fan of 25man raids. Is there any plans to add a 10man choice to the LFR system?

    We think 25 works better for Raid Finder. The ratios of DPS to non DPS more matches the player population and there is less risk of getting an unviable group. In 25s you can afford to have a few deaths and you can even pull if you're backfilling a few players. Both really make you stop in your tracks on 10s. In 25, it's easier to fade back into the group if you're still not 100% confident in what you're doing. In 10s, it's harder to be a wallflower.
    Here is the full quote with a source, as you can see it is clearly referring to LFR by both the developer and the guy asking the question. 25 man being a better choice for LFR does not mean players can be boosted in 25 man hardmodes during progression in progression gear, if you are going to refer to that statement, don't quote parts out of context for gods sake. That is because the instance is tuned in a way where 10 proper players can carry 15 others in LFR, that is not the case in 25HC, 25 man was also chosen because there is more dps then tanks/healers, hence shorter queue's.
    Last edited by rashen; 2013-01-06 at 04:10 PM.

  11. #591
    Mechagnome Arhippa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    Blackhorn was way easier on 10 man than 25 man, it wasn't even close. The severely reduced DPS requirement compared to 25 meant that you could ignore a good chunk of the soaks, whereas you could ignore almost 0 soaks on 25 man at 0%. Madness was also considerably easier on 10 man because of the reduced DPS requirement, although it was way too easy for an end boss on both difficulties. Hagara is only one that I will agree with.
    Blackhorn is such a different fight in 10man compared to 25man. They had different things you had to worry about. 10man required you to coordinate better (who soaks what, when and how), whereas 25man was just pure chaos (everyone soaks as much as they can). I find it laughable you say it wasn't even close. Then which boss was ? Apart from Morchok, I think Blackhorn was probably the closest (or at least near enough).

    Madness had somewhat high dps requirement on 25man, at least compared to 10man, but it wasn't really that hard to achieve. I'd say handling the cooldowns for the tanks so they could survive the impale was harder than the dps check. We had to use 2 bear tanks, because our warrior simply couldn't handle it. Several cooldowns stacked on top of each other and he could take one, but how the hell were you going to take the next time it was his turn to soak when those cooldowns were on cooldown ? Hands down, 10man won this fight in the "which size has the harder boss" -battle.

    If you're going to say 25man DS was harder, at least argue for the fights that actually were harder on 25man. 10man had madness and hagara, 25man had yor'sahj, ultraxion and I dare say zon'ozz. If I really had to list all fights under one raid size or the other, I'd say morchok and blackhorn were harder on 10man and spine on 25man - resulting in 4-4 tie, wohoo. I'm talking about the first two months, before the 5% nerf, mind you. The nerf, once it got high enough, allowed you to skip stuff completely trivializing many of the fights, like killing zon'ozz without ever killing a single tentacle. Do ~10 bounces and just zerg the boss down, heal through the damage. Or solo/duohealing ultraxion. We might've had more wipes on madness due to having too much dps and pushing the arm/limb to 70% too quickly as we jumped to the platform, than we had wipes on the whole fight during progress.

    Coming from someone who favors 25man raids by a pretty big margin when compared to 10mans, don't try to make bosses seem harder on 25man when they were not. Same goes for 10man fans, though.
    Last edited by Arhippa; 2013-01-06 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Correcting a brainfart
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

    Hippa
    <Ad Infinitum>
    AI on WoWProgress

  12. #592
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,559
    The suspense is killing me! I want to know.

    I've raided both serious 10man and 25man. I want to raid 25man but all I can find at the moment is a 10man, which isn't what I want so I stick to idle LFR runs every week.

    All in all I personally would like to be rid of 10 and 25 and just have it at 15man raiding. As said though that won't happen in the middle of an expansion, unless they release 1 raid as a 15man in patch 5.4 to see how it goes.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

  13. #593
    Perhaps it could be QoL additions to a 25 man raid size. Some examples:
    1. Able to use guild summon in a raid instance similar to Cataclysm but puts an hour debuff on your character "Cannot be summoned via guild summon".
    2. Food buffs have 3 charges, each time you die 1 charge is taken away.
    3. Put a stone in the center of each boss room that appears only after killing it. clicking on this stone gives you a 30% speed increase for 25 seconds (to recover from raid wipes faster).

    Maybe those might spur you into a 25 man guild but not sure. Definitely would sway my opinion if I were a new player.

  14. #594
    A lot of interesting speculation, but none really controversial and realistic.

    Me personally wold like to see the lock outs removed, so you could run 25 and 10 in the same week. Not sure that is controversial
    "Peace is a lie"

  15. #595
    Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    A lot of interesting speculation, but none really controversial and realistic.

    Me personally wold like to see the lock outs removed, so you could run 25 and 10 in the same week. Not sure that is controversial
    That would provide an incentive to run both sizes. What they want is to provide a little bit more incentive to run 25, but not so much that people feel obligated to run 25.
    --
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Toy Train Set has been temporarily disabled.

  16. #596
    I would not be shocked if they just do what they have done for the Asian markets except still have a shared lockout. Increase 25 man ilevel by 8 (either the base ilevel or make everything pre-upgraded), and increase the health and damage done tuning of 25 man raids by 8%.

    Having split lockouts is something that GC has alluded to is a cultural difference between Asia and EU/NA, where too many people in EU/US would feel it was an excessive time commitment, but Asian guilds like it. However, I don't think for a second that they aren't testing the 25 man increased ilevel thing to see what impact it has on 25 man vs 10 man participation. If they like what they are seeing, don't be shocked if they go for it here.

  17. #597
    The controversial not ready to spring on you idea they have had is - getting rid of 25 mans completely.

  18. #598
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    That would provide an incentive to run both sizes. What they want is to provide a little bit more incentive to run 25, but not so much that people feel obligated to run 25.
    Yes....but its hard to point to anything that can really work.

    Giving MORE gear and allowing faster gearing wasn't enough.
    Giving different or unique rewards will simply mean players will do both, or the one which has the greatest e-peen.
    QoL and logistics improvement may mean more players are willing to take on the burden of raid leadership, but won't necessarily draw players to 25s.

    Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    I would not be shocked if they just do what they have done for the Asian markets except still have a shared lockout. Increase 25 man ilevel by 8 (either the base ilevel or make everything pre-upgraded), and increase the health and damage done tuning of 25 man raids by 8%.
    Effectively ruled out already. Still, its not too late to change their minds.

    Having split lockouts is something that GC has alluded to is a cultural difference between Asia and EU/NA
    Split lockouts exist to deal with the issues of players gearing at different speeds, the problems caused by gearing multiple times per lockout and the pressure certain players would be under to raid whether they want to or not.

    What GC referred to was the iLevel increase.

    However, I don't think for a second that they aren't testing the 25 man increased ilevel thing to see what impact it has on 25 man vs 10 man participation.
    They don't need to. They already know. It'd kill 10s. Just like it did before.

    EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-01-06 at 09:56 PM.

  19. #599
    Honestly, they should remove both 10 and 25 man raids and just make 15 the norm.

  20. #600
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Yes....but its hard to point to anything that can really work.

    Giving MORE gear and allowing faster gearing wasn't enough.
    Giving different or unique rewards will simply mean players will do both, or the one which has the greatest e-peen.
    QoL and logistics improvement may mean more players are willing to take on the burden of raid leadership, but won't necessarily draw players to 25s.



    Effectively ruled out already. Still, its not too late to change their minds.



    Split lockouts exist to deal with the issues of players gearing at different speeds, the problems caused by gearing multiple times per lockout and the pressure certain players would be under to raid whether they want to or not.

    What GC referred to was the iLevel increase.



    They don't need to. They already know. It'd kill 10s. Just like it did before.

    EJL
    How can they know? And how did it kill 10 mans before when they didn't even exist before that at the first place. That's pure speculation. The only thing they can look at are the numbers on asian servers and 10 mans are not dying there and 25 mans are getting revitalized.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •