Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally think paparazzi are souless goons without any morality, taking pictures for trash tabloids so some juvenile readers can see out of focus images of bad celebrities.

I feel sorry for his family and friends, but just like the princess diana crash that killed her, I since then looked at all paparazzi as scum.
    #boycottchina

I love the question "is society to blame?" Because it usually means that the person asking the question is clueless.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Does anyone else feel that even if it is his fault, it's a sad time we live in when people care so much about celebrities? Who cares what people who star in movies do in real life? Why does anyone care?!?
    I care....

...but to that end, this story proves that this social problem corrects itself via natural selection. :P

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    ^^

Seriously, OP, what's going through your mind? You seem to be playing the blame-game on society, yet it makes it blatantly obvious that this man was likely not watching what he was doing.

Then again, walk across a street on amateur driver night, he's obviously not that smart, either...
    You may not have noticed, but I really am just asking a question, and then I brought up the values of society along with it. I don't think that society is to blame outright - obviously he made his own idiotic choices. But I am bringing up a point that people also care too much about famous people that would cause someone to put their life at risk to get a picture.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

You may not have noticed, but I really am just asking a question, and then I brought up the values of society along with it. I don't think that society is to blame outright - obviously he made his own idiotic choices. But I am bringing up a point that people also care too much about famous people that would cause someone to put their life at risk to get a picture.
    He's not putting his life at risk for the picture, as much as he is for the monetary reward that comes from it.

People do dangerous jobs everyday (they tend to be lucrative), and when they make stupid choices they can die.

Basically a reverse Princess Diana situation. The Paparazzi are the shit stain on the briefs of the news industry. They ruin lives and get the masses to care more about celebrity pregnancies than politics.

Killed is such a misused verb. The person died in an accident. I feel killed would imply some intent. Accidental death seems more appropriate.

10+ Year Old Account
    The photographer is a moron. What more need be said about the cause of his death?

"Hopefully this tragedy will finally inspire meaningful legislation and whatever other necessary steps to protect the lives and safety of celebrities, police officers, innocent public bystanders, and the photographers themselves."
    No, hopefully it won't.
    Last edited by DEATHETERNAL; 2013-01-02 at 06:58 PM.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is to blame, REALLY, for the death of this guy? His self?
    Yes, himself, HIS greed and HIS not paying attention to his surroundings are the causes of his death.

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 01:03 PM ----------

Does anyone else feel that even if it is his fault, it's a sad time we live in when people care so much about celebrities? Who cares what people who star in movies do in real life? Why does anyone care?!?

I do think in the end though it is his fault for making a stupid choice, but the element of society does exist, you can't deny that.
    To attempt to blame society ignores the simple fact that we are sentient and responsible for our own actions.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Paparazzi are scum, but the people who actually read the shit and put every talentless fame-whore & cash cow on such a high pedestal are even worse.

It's not hard to imagine that if these nutjobs weren't so obsessed with random "celebrities" then the guy would never have been in that position, of course it's his own fault though but it's society who lead him there.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-01-02 at 07:32 PM.

Deleted
    I'm not a fan of the Paparazzi, and if he/she/it risks its life just to take away any privacy from a celebrity and dies in the process, then so be it!

Last edited by mmocfde342b214; 2013-01-02 at 07:40 PM.

Papparazzo are scum. His fault. he deserved it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad & weird situation. Who would have ever thought that ppl would become so OBSESSED?! I remember when I was a teenager the show "Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous" came out. It was interesting to see into the homes of stars & get little glimpses of their lives, but NOTHING like the 24/7 stalking mentality of today. I don't understand it at all. They are people. They have more $ & live different lifestyles but in the end they are still just people.

Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post
    Let me get this straight, a freeway, walking, if I'm thinking about this correctly it's the same as a motorway, where cars are traveling at high speed, right!?
    ha! Your avatar says it all ~

am i the only one that thinks this whole thing would be pretty damned funny if the entire thing had been filmed and exploited by somebody?
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    "While I was not present nor directly involved with this tragic accident, my thoughts and prayers are with the family of the victim," Bieber said in a statement. "Hopefully this tragedy will finally inspire meaningful legislation and whatever other necessary steps to protect the lives and safety of celebrities, police officers, innocent public bystanders, and the photographers themselves."
    I refuse to believe that Bieber was responsible for any of these words.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

so some limb-dicked retard decide to violate all rules and regulations and walk on the freeway where automobiles drives at relatively high speed? The world have gotten a little brighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I refuse to believe that Bieber was responsible for any of these words.
    Agreed haha! Someone wrote it for him.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    you can tell, it doesn't have baby in any of the words spoken.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, and it's pretty bad if you ask me. "I hope that because some idiot walked into the middle of a freeway that legislators will waste their time making laws to protect celebrities, paparazzi and police?" What?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Serves him right for being a bastard stalker who has nothing better to do than make people's lives a misery. I have absolutely no compassion for paparazzi.

I mean, who the fuck runs out across a busy road, especially one in LA of all places. That's just suicidally stupid. I hope the guy that hit him isn't traumatised for life because of what happened.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-01-02 at 10:50 PM.