10+ Year Old Account

Heroic 25m Will of emps - Who should heal what?

We're just starting on heroic will of the emperor with this comp
    Disc priest
    Resto shaman (x2)
    Mistweaver Monk
    Holy paladin

We've been debating a little with who should what but last night we did pally and disc on tanks, shamans on strength "tanks" and then raid, and then our monk on full time raid.

Somethings I'm thinking - would shaman or monk be better suited for tank duty. Would disc or paladin be better suited for raid duty? would it be better for a disc to do raid while monk does strength and a shaman goes to the tank?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Deleted
    Monk's wont be your best choice for tank duty.

tanks on strengths shouldn't be taking any damage other than gas damage, not sure why you would have a dedicated healer for them

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    tanks on strengths shouldn't be taking any damage other than gas damage, not sure why you would have a dedicated healer for them
    Yeah. A Blood DK can literally solo sustain himself that entire fight. The bosses are dancing a high percentage of the time during which a blood shield can be stacked. Other tanks should need very little help if they manage cooldowns well, and a few hots and earthshield should take care of most of the damage.

Raid damage is really easy to deal with. Just have ranged and healers stack in 2 healing rains and most of the work is done.

Really though healing this fight is really low on the difficulty meter if it goes smoothly. If people dodge the strikes properly and DPS are handling adds then all you're really healing is the gas, which is mildly annoying at worst. I'd worry more about your CC and soaking rotations, then it's basically a kill.

Deleted
    Paladin on one tank and disc on the other. Monk dedicated on the raid 24/7. One shaman helping each tank each, while healing strength tank as well as the people soaking the sparks while keeping healing rain down to support the monk.

Hope this helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I appreciate the advice. Right now we're using plate dps to tank the strengths, a paladin and a warrior. one of our two dk's doing grips is in tank spec for courages, but not tanking a strength, instead he's standing on the wall where the rages come out so he gets both of the courages to focus him. This allows us to have one less tank and one more dps in the fight, but I'm not really sure its worth it to it that way, what do you think?