Thread: Guild Wars 2

Guild Wars 2

I pre-purchased GW2 back in august (I think) and leveled all the way to 80 as a Norn warrior with some friends. I noticed the game was doing okay with FPS while using xeons and 1 gtx580 1.5k MB, I knew I wasn't going to be able to set everything to ultra go into a battle and see 60fps but back in october I built a machine for gaming, it's using i7-3770k 4.0Ghz, 2 Gtx 680's, 16gigs of ram. I noticed that a lot of times the game is barely playable with my current rig which doesn't make any sense. I've downloaded new drivers and re-installed drivers quite a few times but to no avail. The frames will go to about 20-30 even when i'm not in battles. It's gotten to the point where I'm thinking of refunding the game. No other games I own have any trouble with fps. I can run fraps in fullscreen 1080p while playing BF3 on ultra settings and not get below 70fps.

If anyone can help with this issue I would greatly appreciate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved to GW2 Forum

It could be SLI compatibility issues. You should try playing the game with just one GTX680 and see the results. Let us know if that was the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Moinaldo View Post
    It could be SLI compatibility issues. You should try playing the game with just one GTX680 and see the results. Let us know if that was the problem.
    Actually I have tried that I thought the drivers for SLI weren't working with GW2 so I took one card out and updated drivers to non-SLI and it was weirdly the same so the next time i put the cards back in I made sure the SLI was active and the second card was actually in use and it was but the performance did not change.

Upgrade to two gtx 690's.

Quote Originally Posted by zuthus View Post
    Actually I have tried that I thought the drivers for SLI weren't working with GW2 so I took one card out and updated drivers to non-SLI and it was weirdly the same so the next time i put the cards back in I made sure the SLI was active and the second card was actually in use and it was but the performance did not change.
    It's pretty weird, I have a 2500k@4.5Ghz and a GTX660 and I have no problems running the game 1080p@60+fps outside of WvWvW. It sounds like some configuration in your system is causing the problem, maybe installing older Nvidia drivers can help. I'm using the 310.70 drivers, but you can always try using another version to see if the perfomance varies.

We have a thread for discussing computer specifications ect. for GW2, please use that.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ormance-thread