Thread: 5.2 Gear Change

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Pit Lord Malgru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My computer chair
    Posts
    2,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Sitting on two malevolent + rest Dreadfull + PvE wep 471 is not easy at 1.4k mmr, no matter what you say. I got about 50-60k less HP than everyone else I fight against, I got about 22% less PvP Power than everyone, because they got their wep (Maybe even upgraded it), I got a HUGE dissadvantage because I want to PvP on my alt, thats just how it is. I also got a huge problem on my main, as I went holy mid season. So behind with alot of pieces there as well (And thus I cant get into any 1.7k+ CR RBG groups to get higher rating: "Ur gear is low.." etc)

    This game is very gear dependent.
    your armory says you have t1

  2. #22
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    your armory says you have t1
    Thats my main, we're talking about the problem with alts comming into PvP to late in a season and then hanging after on gear

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    The main problem now is when you decide to start doing PvP on an alt, you're screwed. You're behind on gear and everyone knows that gear > skill in WoW pvp. I lvled my warrior to 90 and started to do some arena to get cap, and its a nightmare! Playing at 1.4k MMR with a dungeon wep upgraded to 471 with full Dreadfull + Malevolent pieces = dies 5 seconds after getting targeted...

    Thats the thing they need to change/fix. If not PvPers are FORCED to play their main the whole season (And who knows, the whole expansion..)
    Or just play all your characters? if you're good enough you can easily do that lol

  4. #24
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Soccio View Post
    Or just play all your characters? if you're good enough you can easily do that lol
    I do, but the problem is still the same - I started on my warrior a month into the season: 4x2200(=8800) conq points behind all the others, thus getting owned by people that are for some reason still at low rating with almost full malevolent. Makes it harder to reach higher, not impossible, but harder.
    And on my main, I played PvE the first 3 weeks (didnt even bother to do arena), then started to get conq cap as ret and geared up. Then decided to go holy - far behind on gear, as you can see on my armory. My bad of course, as I was 90 the first week of MoP.

    The only thing is that I think they could imply a new system for conquest points for people not reaching lvl 90 as fast as others. (Mentioned that in another post to day.)
    Here's my suggestion:
    If you play arena and RBG from week 1 of the season and get all the caps you should have had gained 8800 after 4 weeks. Then when someone hit lvl 90 on an alt 4 weeks in he should be able to obtain the same amount by having an increased conq cap the first week, if he dosnt get the cap that week he will "lose it", so the first week he would have a 8800 conq cap = 40 arena wins + 4 RBGs the first week, then if he's still at low rating he'd have 2200 conq cap the next week. However, if this person dont get his 8800 conquest points capped that week, he will not have a second chance the next week. So if he obtained 4800 that first week, he will not be able to get the remaining 4000. So in week 5 he would sit at 4800+2200=7000 total, when he could have had a 8800+2200=11000 if he realy cared about it.

    Not sure if it would work, heck I'm not sure if I got my point out either (Hard to explain certain things in English as a Norwegian, and even harder when writing insted of talking, but I've been discussing this with some friends in my guild over skype and they seemed to understand why this would be a good thing.). This way everyone got a chance to be at the same gear lvl even though if they hit 90 way later than anyone else.
    However, if people do the same thing as me - play PvE and dont care about the cap the first weeks, they will not have the chance to obtain "lost" points. Its just the first week after you hit 90 you should have the chance to close the gear cap.

    That's atleast my suggestion on how to solve that problem, as this game is very gear dependent.

    EDIT
    Or they could make it so the PvP weapon dont got a conquest point requirement, but insted you couldnt get it before after 3-4 weeks in the season. Making everyone able to get it as fast as they have 3500 points after 3-4weeks into the season. As it is the weapon that makes the biggest difference in PvP, with all that PvP power on it.
    Ooor add the same system as in TBC - rating required. Then it wouldnt be any of them at low MMR, and everyone would have a fair chance to reach 1.8k to obtain the weapon.
    Last edited by Nonslid; 2013-01-05 at 08:40 PM.

  5. #25
    Bloodsail Admiral rashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,222
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...55171583004672
    GC tweeted this, seems like they will be removing/disabling item upgrade for 5.2.
    Last edited by rashen; 2013-01-05 at 09:32 PM.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...55171583004672
    GC tweeted this, seems like they will be removing/disabling item upgrade for 5.2.
    good riddance, at least they realize how stupid the system was

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...55171583004672
    GC tweeted this, seems like they will be removing/disabling item upgrade for 5.2.
    thank fucking god. useless system. just put trade goods back on the conquest/valor vendors.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  8. #28
    Agreed... The PVP gear system is completely pointless.
    I just can never understand how people so blatantly confuse playing a lot with being good... Just because you have enough time to grind 24/7 doesn't make you good. The fact of the matter is that most of the people that complain that they are having their "rewards" taken away for having been "dedicated" are simply just realizing that they have been winning because of their gear and not because they are good. Anybody should be able to quickly build up their PVP gear - if you need a gear advantage to beat them then you can't really be that good...
    Skill is measured by rating, and I say go ahead, give them cosmetic, badass looking items - they do indeed of course deserve to be rewarded for their time, but not with ilvl...
    And to those that love to first jump on the armory and whine about the gear you have equipped and how imba they are: Put on the same gear as me and come duel me... I dare you.

  9. #29
    Stood in the Fire Walktheline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Austria, Vorarlberg
    Posts
    415
    the main problem at the moment is just the high amount of pvp power on the T1 (T2) weapons. About 40-45% of all your pvp power comes from your weapons. That means, that without T1 (T2) you wont be competitive at all.
    The change itself wasnt that bad - blizzard made sure, no pve weapons find their ways into arenas again, but the gap of a non pvp weapon to T1 (T2) is just too big.

    What blizzard needs to change now: make pvp weapons available for honor - like in wotlk (bc). This should make is easier to start up a new alt char.

  10. #30
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Walktheline View Post
    the main problem at the moment is just the high amount of pvp power on the T1 (T2) weapons. About 40-45% of all your pvp power comes from your weapons. That means, that without T1 (T2) you wont be competitive at all.
    The change itself wasnt that bad - blizzard made sure, no pve weapons find their ways into arenas again, but the gap of a non pvp weapon to T1 (T2) is just too big.

    What blizzard needs to change now: make pvp weapons available for honor - like in wotlk (bc). This should make is easier to start up a new alt char.
    Indeed, I cant understand why they didnt add a PvP weapon for honor... Of course, its the "We dont want to force PvE players to do PvP", but fuck the PvPers let them grind their asses of to get a half decent PvE wep.

  11. #31
    Warchief Henkdejager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hiding in your computer.
    Posts
    2,142
    I gave up on my DK / Monk , only doing arena cap on them every week and not bothering with anything else. I mean what the flying fuck ? i am behind of everything on them what i want to do first spend 1 week getting my ass raped while farming honor geare, then spending the next 3 weeks saying to myself "aawh you don't got a pvp weapon no worries stuff will get bettter" and then 1 or 2 weeks later poof patch 5.2 and free honor weapons for every 1:d

    sticking to my shaman / hunter this expansion i gues o.0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •