Thread: Poisons

  1. #1

    Poisons

    What poisons does everyone use in terms of pve/pvp. I normally run deadly/leeching for pve and wounding/crippling for pvp. Has anyone had luck with paralytic? With the 4 piece pvp set bonus is it better to use a different non-lethal or is the shiv from crippling just too good to drop? In terms of pve leeching just seems like the best choice, does anyone disagree? Any input would be helpful, thanks.

  2. #2
    For PvE is strongly desire to run Deadly/Leeching.
    In practice, I mostly run Deadly/Crippling, simply because Elusiveness is rarely worth speccing out of.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    In practice, I mostly run Deadly/Crippling, simply because Elusiveness is rarely worth speccing out of.
    Using elusivness only for Vizier HC and Will HC. Leeching is very good for most of the HC fights in HoF, like Empress HC (extremely useful in last phase).
    Plus i got a feeling that Leeching procs affects DS procs aswell.

  4. #4
    Many like to take Deadly/Paralytic in pvp, for the off DR stun for more control. Wound appears not to be worth the damage loss, but could be wrong.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesticide View Post
    In terms of pve leeching just seems like the best choice, does anyone disagree? Any input would be helpful, thanks.
    Depends what you mean by PVE; for doing dailies or grinding then Leeching is nice. For heroics, challenges or raids Elusiveness will keep you alive more (used rightly ofc).

  6. #6
    PvE: Deadly/whatever. Depends on the fight, leeching, crippling, mind-numbing, or none if there's mind control mechanics going on.

    PvP for sub/combat: wound/mind-numbing
    PvP for assassination: deadly/mind-numbing
    I like the idea of paralytic poison, but I found that since paralytic only has a 20% proc chance (vs 50% on MN) my crippling poison wasn't proccing nearly enough. And then you can grab prey on the weak. YMMV.
    Deadly does way too much damage as assassination to give up. If you're playing with another class with a reliable MS (Warriors, Windwalkers, sort of Hunters) run deadly instead of wound.
    Last edited by kindath; 2013-01-09 at 06:19 PM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by kindath View Post
    I like the idea of paralytic poison, but I found that since paralytic only has a 20% proc chance (vs 50% on MN) my crippling poison wasn't proccing nearly enough. And then you can grab prey on the weak. YMMV.
    Idea behind the paralytic poison is shiv-effect. 8 sec cd on roots is game changer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •