Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    how-to-gear-without-dailies/

    This site might help. Please note: I am not the author of the site, nor am I saying all of the writer's options are completely viable. I am saying there are options and Google Search is your friend:

    1. Normal Dungeons
    2a. Quest Rewards - (doing the Loremaster of Pandaria)
    3. World Bosses
    4. Heroic Dungeons
    5. Conquest PvP Gear

    and the list goes on. Just read up and see how to avoid dailies and get better gear than the 476 stuff with the vendors.

  2. #22
    Brewmaster Kiry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,255
    You could do dungeons too to get valor.
    I dont get this really. There are options and ways to get what you want, it just takes time and dedication. I see no issues with a guild wanting to have dedicated guildies on their team of raiders. If they want to progress, they want to see if you will do what it takes to progress.

    Some guilds dont care as much, they have a mentality of we'll get there when we do. Perhaps that's better suited for your goals?
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    I think the leadership is just trying to get everyone to do their best. I was caught in the crossfire.
    Ahhhh - that sux. Sorry to hear it. Unfortunately, sometimes, guilds will require you to go above and beyond the "having fun" part of the game to support progression. This happened in every expansion, and MoP is not different at all. It's too bad if your guild has turned into one of those guilds. You might be at a point where you need to decide "Do I want to only play for fun, or do I want to sacrifice some fun to raid with my guild?". This is the same question that people have been asking every expansion.

    Best of luck to you. It's not an easy decision.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    You could do dungeons too to get valor.
    I dont get this really. There are options and ways to get what you want, it just takes time and dedication. I see no issues with a guild wanting to have dedicated guildies on their team of raiders. If they want to progress, they want to see if you will do what it takes to progress.

    Some guilds dont care as much, they have a mentality of we'll get there when we do. Perhaps that's better suited for your goals?
    Er, getting valor points is not a problem. Having every single valor-purchasable item linked to a reputation is.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    And if upgrades weren't strictly behind gated daily content, I'd actually have alternatives.
    If you complete all the quests in Dread Wastes, Veil, and KunLai Summit, you will be Honored with the factions and able to get the upgrades without doing dailies. Then again, that will require effort and dedication. Can't help ya there. You just have to want it.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    Apparently my raid is having trouble with some of the DPS not pulling their weight.
    I stopped reading after this point because your argument is invalid. People were clearing Mogu'shan vaults in blues and a few purples when the raid went live.
    Mymm <Encore> - Retired
    Mal'Ganis

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I stopped reading after this point because your argument is invalid. People were clearing Mogu'shan vaults in blues and a few purples when the raid went live.
    Very good point. This could also explain why OP keeps making excuses for every solution that we give her.

  8. #28
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    You can also get valor capped by doing LFR or LFD.
    You are absolutely not forced to do dailies, for this reason. You are forced to do dailies for other reasons though. Gold coins. Reputation rewards.
    need to do dailies to buy the gear

    if you cant get the epics from lfr then valor is completely useless

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Very good point. This could also explain why OP keeps making excuses for every solution that we give her.
    Solution? The only solutions I've been given here is to either quit raiding, or get Conquest gear via your wonderful guide.

    Seriously, did you even read it? It literally lists every step on how to get full heroic dungeon gear, and then says to get Conquest gear. Seriously.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    And if upgrades weren't strictly behind gated daily content, I'd actually have alternatives.
    What are you talking about... go get some ilvl 491 conquest raid gear instead and call it done. There is no rng like in LFR, its higher ilvl than the 489 vp stuff and absolutely great for raiding now that resilience doesn't count in the stat budget. The only exceptions are weapons, which you can't get with vp anyway, and trinkets.

  11. #31
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,252
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    how-to-gear-without-dailies/

    This site might help. Please note: I am not the author of the site, nor am I saying all of the writer's options are completely viable. I am saying there are options and Google Search is your friend:


    5. Conquest PvP Gear

    and the list goes on. Just read up and see how to avoid dailies and get better gear than the 476 stuff with the vendors.
    guilds wont let you use pvp gear for progression and pugs wont let you join with pvp gear either

  12. #32
    Brewmaster Buxton McGraff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Covina, California
    Posts
    1,467
    You're not being forced. While gear does help, often if you play your class well enough and know what you're doing, lacking 1-2 pieces of gear won't hinder your performance that much.

    The simple argument is this: If you don't want to work for something, you're not going to get it.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Even worse. So someone else is doing less DPS than you, but because they have better gear your raid leader wants to keep them? Sounds like poor raid/guild leadership.
    I'm with YJmark here. If you're not part of the problem, then whoever is pointing fingers and asking questions needs to give up their spot has the raid leader.

    I'm the guy in our raid\guild who constantly gets irritated at us not pulling because someone is missing a food buff and we somehow think a food buff is going to fix us wiping at 75% on Elegon. I'm also the one who refuses to flask when wiping at 65% on Garalon. I'm the one who continues to point out to my raid leaders frustration, we don't need to worry about missing Kings or Might or ever hero\Bloodlust . We need to play smarter and execute better.

    At this point, I'm ilvl 490 and the rest of the people are at least ilvl 480. When we can't beat enrage timers on the normal mode fights, it has nothing to do with gear! It has everything to do with the DPS that are struggling to out dps the tank. If the DPS is grossly behind, gear doesn't fix the bad players, it enables the good players to do more and "CARRY more" and that's really a terrible way to run a raid.

    To your point at hand, I don't blame Blizzard for dailies being mandatory. I blame my obsessive compulsive nature that makes me want to be #1 on the damage meters. Though Honestly at this point in the Xpac, how are you not Revered with all the factions. I'm now at least revered on 5 different toons, 2 of which are on a different account and so there was no Rep bonuses. Just doing some dailies a couple times a week should have netted you revered by now.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-01-02 at 09:06 PM. Reason: opps not FPS90, but YJMARK

  14. #34
    So get better at your class and perfect your rotation, or do some dailies I guess. It's not hard.

  15. #35
    Can we start locking these threads please!!!

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    The simple argument is this: If you don't want to work for something, you're not going to get it.
    I'd be happy to work on it if it didn't involve dailies. I'd be perfectly content to run endless dungeons if I was able to get Valor gear from them, like I was able to do in the last two expansions.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    Solution? The only solutions I've been given here is to either quit raiding, or get Conquest gear via your wonderful guide.

    Seriously, did you even read it? It literally lists every step on how to get full heroic dungeon gear, and then says to get Conquest gear. Seriously.
    Hey, no skin off my nose. I'm working on Loremaster in my casual guild and will probably be raiding without ever touching a daily because I am not afraid to put in the effort. Don't get all cheesed off just cause your guild is pressuring you to do something you are obviously either too lazy or not interested in doing. You don't wanna do dailies? Find an alternative. You don't wanna find an alternative? Enjoy the sidelines while your guildies clear content.

    Every option we have given you is viable and all you wanna do is make excuses. Lemme guess. You started playing somewhere between Wrath and Cata when crap just got handed out like free condoms at Family Planning. News Flash: Raiders have been putting in effort since the beginning of the game. You are not special and your "issue" is not new. So how about ya do us all a favor and either accept the help or drop the topic cause your whole "Nah. I don't wanna" attitude is getting old. Have a nice day.

  18. #38
    The only thing I felt forced to do in MOP so far was the golden lotus to get to the august celestials to learn my enchants. Other than that I had no issues with the rep system set up this xpac.
    tl;dr Is just another way of saying I am about to troll

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    guilds wont let you use pvp gear for progression and pugs wont let you join with pvp gear either
    No, they won't. But the bumped Gearscore makes it a little easier to get into LFD and run some heroics, or even into heroics to be "helped" by guildies. There are dozens of solutions. OP just doesn't feel like putting for the effort. A bunch of guilds have already cleared Tier 14 25M heroics and this guy thinks he is special and should not even have to try to improve his DPS and get a spot in his raid group.

  20. #40
    A few points on gear isn't going to matter. However, a bit more info could be good. What is the class and the specific slots? There could be 476 (or higher) crafted gear there. Maybe the piece you need only requires honored with Klaxxi, which as others have said, doesn't require a single daily to get, though you do have to quest, yes.

    For almost everything, the difference between an upgraded heroic dungeon piece (471 ilvl) and a 489 valor piece isn't going to be big enough to make a difference on fights, as others have said. As an arcance mage, there are actually some cases where the valor piece is worse for me, because the stats are budgeted completely wrong, in spite of the higher ilvl.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •