Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Hey, no skin off my nose. I'm working on Loremaster in my casual guild and will probably be raiding without ever touching a daily because I am not afraid to put in the effort. Don't get all cheesed off just cause your guild is pressuring you to do something you are obviously either too lazy or not interested in doing. You don't wanna do dailies? Find an alternative. You don't wanna find an alternative? Enjoy the sidelines while your guildies clear content.

    Every option we have given you is viable and all you wanna do is make excuses. Lemme guess. You started playing somewhere between Wrath and Cata when crap just got handed out like free condoms at Family Planning. News Flash: Raiders have been putting in effort since the beginning of the game. You are not special and your "issue" is not new. So how about ya do us all a favor and either accept the help or drop the topic cause your whole "Nah. I don't wanna" attitude is getting old. Have a nice day.
    I just debunked every one of your "alternatives" and "solutions". What you're doing is not an attempt to help, it is an attempt to bash me for creating a topic that you dislike seeing.

    And your assumption that I started playing sometime after Wrath is also quite wrong. I've played this game since day one.

  2. #42
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I'm with FPS90 here. If you're not part of the problem, then whoever is pointing fingers and asking questions needs to give up their spot has the raid leader.

    I'm the guy in our raid\guild who constantly gets irritated at us not pulling because someone is missing a food buff and we somehow think a food buff is going to fix us wiping at 75% on Elegon. I'm also the one who refuses to flask when wiping at 65% on Garalon. I'm the one who continues to point out to my raid leaders frustration, we don't need to worry about missing Kings or Might or whatever buff. We need to play smarter and execute better.

    At this point, I'm ilvl 490 and the rest of the people are at least ilvl 480. When we can't beat enrage timers on the normal mode fights, it has nothing to do with gear! It has everything to do with the DPS that are struggling to out dps the tank. If the DPS is grossly behind, gear doesn't fix the bad players, it enables the good players to do more and "CARRY more" and that's really a terrible way to run a raid.

    To your point at hand, I don't blame Blizzard for dailies being mandatory. I blame my obsessive compulsive nature that makes me want to be #1 on the damage meters. Though Honestly at this point in the Xpac, how are you not Revered with all the factions. I'm now at least revered on 5 different toons, 2 of which are on a different account and so there was no Rep bonuses. Just doing some dailies a couple times a week should have netted you revered by now.
    im on the same boat im proberly the best geared in my guild and we cant beat the garajal enrage timer on normal but were on a brake atm hopefully a few peices will fix the dps issue or if not we'll need to fix the strat

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    And if upgrades weren't strictly behind gated daily content, I'd actually have alternatives.
    I think it's a reasonable requirement. I really do.

    Especially because, as I mentioned, you don't have to do dailies for it unless you want the reputation rewards. If you want to play at a certain level, you need to put that (I was about to say extra) effort into the game.

    Gear scales really well with skill, btw.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    I just debunked every one of your "alternatives" and "solutions". What you're doing is not an attempt to help, it is an attempt to bash me for creating a topic that you dislike seeing.

    And your assumption that I started playing sometime after Wrath is also quite wrong. I've played this game since day one.
    Well then. Since you claim everything I have said has been some attempt at bashing you, I will stop posting alternatives. Instead, I wish you well. You'll find the gear you "need" on those rep gated vendors over there. Have a nice day!

  5. #45
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    Apparently my raid is having trouble with some of the DPS not pulling their weight.

    I was questioned about one or two pieces of my gear, and asked why I didn't have Valor gear in those slots.

    I responded "because I dislike doing dailies."

    They responded by saying if I didn't do them, I could be cut.

    Of course there are alternatives..
    -Don't raid
    -Find another raid

    Neither of which appeal to me.

    So I dare say that I'm being "forced" to do dailies.

    If you want the patterns for your professions than yes you are Forced to do Dailies.
    If you want Charms than yes you are Forced to do Dailies.
    If you want to VP gear than yes you are Forced to do Dailies.

  6. #46
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Carolina Country
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    I think it's a reasonable requirement. I really do.

    Especially because, as I mentioned, you don't have to do dailies for it unless you want the reputation rewards. If you want to play at a certain level, you need to put that (I was about to say extra) effort into the game.

    Gear scales really well with skill, btw.
    This. The game isn't forcing you to do dailies, your guild is. If you want to be a good and contributing member of your guild, you sometimes have to do things you don't love. It's no different than when my guild asked people to fish once a week in cata to get the feast recipe or asking people with gathering toons to gather mats for cauldrons or aforementioned feasts. I'm sorry that you can't just log in 5 mins before raid and log out as soon as the raid is called, but being in a raiding guild requires work outside the raid to make sure that everything goes smoothly.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

  7. #47
    2 pieces of gear, arguably going from 463 to 489, especially when they aren't weapons, will not make a major difference in your performance. You think people doing hardmodes now don't have any 463s equipped? RNG is RNG for drops, valor stuff isn't always ideal, you don't need BiS in every slot to be competitive or do your job (that wouldn't make sense anyways)

  8. #48
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,963
    Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    Apparently my raid is having trouble with some of the DPS not pulling their weight.

    I was questioned about one or two pieces of my gear, and asked why I didn't have Valor gear in those slots.

    I responded "because I dislike doing dailies."

    They responded by saying if I didn't do them, I could be cut.

    Of course there are alternatives..
    -Don't raid
    -Find another raid

    Neither of which appeal to me.

    So I dare say that I'm being "forced" to do dailies.
    Right..so..with Heroic modes cleared after 2 weeks of the x-pac release (and no chance of full valor) and us 12 weeks into the expansion, I'd say you not pulling your weight is not a gear but a SKILL issue.

    Plus: You could have easily be revered with major factions even with very very few dailies. And VP come from other sources
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  9. #49
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Right..so..with Heroic modes cleared after 2 weeks of the x-pac release (and no chance of full valor) and us 12 weeks into the expansion, I'd say you not pulling your weight is not a gear but a SKILL issue.

    Plus: You could have easily be revered with major factions even with very very few dailies. And VP come from other sources

    Correct me if I am wrong but the Hozen peace pipe did not have a cd at that time. it had a 7 day cd added to it cause top guilds and people were farming it for easy rep

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    guilds wont let you use pvp gear for progression and pugs wont let you join with pvp gear either
    Why not? You play with idiots or something? If a 491 pvp item is better for pve end game raiding than a 489 pve item, why in the hell won't a guild be cool with that. In fact, if you were really serious, your guild would be encouraging people getting conquest items for raids as they were in many cases (and thats assuming you actually had the pve item drop and get it) better than vp or msv items.

    That was especially true the first few weeks. I mean 463 blue versus 483 epics... 20 ilvl higher gear, if you are serious about raiding, you don't care where the gear is from if its 20 ilvl better. Now granted it is only 2 ilvl higher, but there is still potentially a sizable gain if you can get pvp gear with a better assortment of secondary stats which in addition to 2 ilvl can be a solid upgrade.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    guilds wont let you use pvp gear for progression and pugs wont let you join with pvp gear either
    That's too bad on account of pvp gear, despite being a few ilvls lower have far better secondary stats options and aren't taxed like they used to be; it's more viable than ever to use pvp gear in pve, wish I could say the same about pve gear in pvp. 483 pvp gear >>>> 476 pve gear, and arguably has better secondary stats options than LFR 483s and even valor 489s.

  12. #52
    I am Murloc! Fenixdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,909
    So, let me get this straight. By your logic, because discipline is a vastly superior healing spec to holy on certain encounters this tier, my guild asking me to carry both specs is because Blizzard forced it on me?

    Think about that for a moment. I don't like discipline. I run it. Why? BECAUSE IT'S WHAT IS BEST FOR THE TEAM!

    You don't like dailies? Suck it up and deal. If you can't, then don't raid. Seriously, people griping about this garbage makes me want to vomit. You literally just stated you don't want to put 100% into your character, and are griping because someone wants to set you up as an example. Tough! Then maybe be a better example.

    If someone told me they refused to do something to improve their character simply because they didn't like doing it, I would show them the same treatment. Go to a more casual guild if it's not that important to you. Don't waste my time, and more importantly don't waste the time of the other 8/23 members of the team. Stick to LFR. Your mentality would fit well there.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    That's too bad on account of pvp gear, despite being a few ilvls lower have far better secondary stats options and aren't taxed like they used to be; it's more viable than ever to use pvp gear in pve, wish I could say the same about pve gear in pvp. 483 pvp gear >>>> 476 pve gear, and arguably has better secondary stats options than LFR 483s and even valor 489s.
    It isn't really lower though if you factor in that you use cp to upgrade it, so you can turn it into 491 without having to spend vp on it which allows you to use the vp to upgrade/buy other things. I mean yeah if you can't upgrade anything else and have enough vp to buy a vp item and upgrade it at least once, the conquest item is lower.

  14. #54
    Scarab Lord snuzzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    4,564
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Not. This. Again.

    Edit: If after Months you still have slots where 489 gear would be an upgrade, what have you done all the time? Even without ANY raiddrops you´d be decked out in purplez now.
    Are you fucking serious? If he's not doing dailies, how is he going to get the rep to buy the gear to fill all those slots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    You can also get valor capped by doing LFR or LFD.
    You are absolutely not forced to do dailies, for this reason. You are forced to do dailies for other reasons though. Gold coins. Reputation rewards.
    Getting valor capped isn't, and never was, the issue. Spending valor has always been the issue. And since Blizz changed it, and decided OH HEY you can only use JP to upgrade blues, that VP is still worthless unless you do dailies/quests to get the rep.

    Unless I'm missing something.
    Some noses just don't belong on some faces! #SaveTheSnoots!

    Exhibit AExhibit BOfficial MMO-C Feedback PostOfficial Beta Feedback Post

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    Apparently my raid is having trouble with some of the DPS not pulling their weight.

    I was questioned about one or two pieces of my gear, and asked why I didn't have Valor gear in those slots.

    I responded "because I dislike doing dailies."

    They responded by saying if I didn't do them, I could be cut.

    Of course there are alternatives..
    -Don't raid
    -Find another raid

    Neither of which appeal to me.

    So I dare say that I'm being "forced" to do dailies.
    Some DPS not pulling their weight.
    You were questioned.

    Now, here is another alternative:
    Practice DPS at dummy and think how you can improve for the boss that you lack DPS for + spending some money and buy dps potions to use for hero/lust phase.

    The alternative above also happens to be the biggest DPS boost you can have considering you were questioned for DPS over 2 pieces.

    If you are already performing at world class level (no other person on this planet can pull more dps if they played my char) then you have to communicate that to your raid lead to tell him that your dps is not the problem, other dps is the problem. But again, if you are performing at that level then you won't be questioned in the first place if you only have 2 pieces that you can upgrade through VP.

    If you are not willing to do any of that then I guess you have to fall back to your original alternatives.
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

  16. #56
    Mentality like that is why I will never, ever raid. Not really a Blizzard or Warcraft problem, so much as a players taking the game too seriously problem. Of course, Blizzard encourages that with the way the gear system works, so it is partly their fault.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Are you fucking serious? If he's not doing dailies, how is he going to get the rep to buy the gear to fill all those slots?

    Unless I'm missing something.
    After MONTHS of raiding, even if you were unlucky, you´d hardly have to buy more than 3 items for VPs, most of them requiring less than a week of dailies, which is copmletely reasonable. Stop blowing this out of porportion every other day. While i can accept the alt argument, which has been adressed with 5.1 i really fail to see the issue, other than wanting free epics.

  18. #58
    My main, does 2 sets of dailies a week, i only do it for the coins. Just for chance at heroic loot.

    My monk, is ilvl 495.... i do NO dailies on him, ZERO.... you're not forced to them, i don't even cap his VP.

    Your guild on the other hand is forcing you.

  19. #59
    Scarab Lord snuzzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    4,564
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    After MONTHS of raiding, even if you were unlucky, you´d hardly have to buy more than 3 items for VPs, most of them requiring less than a week of dailies, which is copmletely reasonable. Stop blowing this out of porportion every other day. While i can accept the alt argument, which has been adressed with 5.1 i really fail to see the issue, other than wanting free epics.
    Yes, and OP said he only has two slots to fill, which he likely cannot do without unlocking the rep from dailies. And some people just don't like dailies. VP/JP/badge gear has never been locked behind rep before, and I think it was a very bad idea.

    I don't care if you give me blues to spend my VP on. I just want something to do with this currency that I keep accruing, that I always used to be able to spend before they decided to marry VP to rep gear.

    How, exactly, has it been addressed with 5.1? You can only upgrade VP gear with VP. You can't upgrade JP gear with VP. If I could upgrade an item 4 points with JP or 8 points with VP, that'd be fine. But I still would have no way to spend my VP, except that I got lucky with a cheap AH epic.
    Some noses just don't belong on some faces! #SaveTheSnoots!

    Exhibit AExhibit BOfficial MMO-C Feedback PostOfficial Beta Feedback Post

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Mentality like that is why I will never, ever raid. Not really a Blizzard or Warcraft problem, so much as a players taking the game too seriously problem. Of course, Blizzard encourages that with the way the gear system works, so it is partly their fault.
    This is sad to hear. There are many guilds that do not require anything like this at all. Just because a few do, you should not let that prevent you from trying out raiding.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •