Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    nothing new or interesting there, still wondering how they are going to make the level 50 content work for level 55 players

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    nothing new or interesting there, still wondering how they are going to make the level 50 content work for level 55 players
    I'll be honest, this is the one thing that has had me scratching my head. They have already come out and said that the best gear now will still be the best gear, so I'm assuming it will be like like a catch up for newer players or ones that don't raid. Its probably because I'm just too used to gaining levels and the gear getting stronger with it that is making me scratch my head.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I'll be honest, this is the one thing that has had me scratching my head. They have already come out and said that the best gear now will still be the best gear, so I'm assuming it will be like like a catch up for newer players or ones that don't raid. Its probably because I'm just too used to gaining levels and the gear getting stronger with it that is making me scratch my head.
    I've seen similar stuff in games like vindictus.
    BIS gear for a story arc tends to be a little better than the next arcs green set.
    If you played during TBC, you probably remember guilds clearing kara10 in naxx40.
    Same idea.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Hunter -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  4. #24
    You should expect to see this come within the first part of this year
    Lol - PR at its best. What first part is he talking about? How many parts are there? hahaha -

    Another way of saying charater copy on PTR could be 6 months away.

    Total and utter joke.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-01-02 at 11:33 PM.

  5. #25
    Stood in the Fire Azanure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    City 17
    Posts
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Lol - PR at its best. What first part is he talking about? How many parts are there? hahaha - Total and utter joke.
    If it's like last year it's 2 parts. The first part is made of pure disapointment, and the second is filled with bullshit.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Lol - PR at its best. What first part is he talking about? How many parts are there? hahaha -
    Actually, that's terrible, terrible wording. It's not PR, it's just shit communication, which I'm assuming comes through their community team as well. If that passed through a PR persons hands, I would be extremely disappointed in the PR rep for being so bad at his job.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Actually, that's terrible, terrible wording. It's not PR, it's just shit communication, which I'm assuming comes through their community team as well. If that passed through a PR persons hands, I would be extremely disappointed in the PR rep for being so bad at his job.
    Totally agree. But their goal is not to get smart ppl to play their game. Some might take this as character copies are coming in january when it actually says nothing. Its good PR for stupid ppl that will buy alot of cartel coins.

  8. #28
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    451
    People, Blizz has been hyping new character models since Wrath. They've been working on them for 4+ years now. I didn't want nor did I care about the Paths, Tides, or dances.

  9. #29
    Over 9000! Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    9,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Parrin View Post
    People, Blizz has been hyping new character models since Wrath. They've been working on them for 4+ years now. I didn't want nor did I care about the Paths, Tides, or dances.

    Can you show that hype? I've been seeing people begging while blizz has been saying "when they are ready."

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Parrin View Post
    People, Blizz has been hyping new character models since Wrath. They've been working on them for 4+ years now. I didn't want nor did I care about the Paths, Tides, or dances.
    Until recently, I don't think they've actually said they were working on them. They've said they would love to do them, and that might investigate working on them, but I don't think they've flat out stated "we're working on them internally" until recently IIRC. And even then, they gave no indication these would come "soon" or "this year" or "in the near future".

  11. #31
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Totally agree. But their goal is not to get smart ppl to play their game. Some might take this as character copies are coming in january when it actually says nothing. Its good PR for stupid ppl that will buy alot of cartel coins.
    To be fair they did mention previously that the PTS character transfer will be in before Makeb as they need us to test it fully. As Makeb is slated for Spring then it makes sense for the PTS to be out in the 'first part of 2013'. It's vague but not that vague

    I honestly don't think everything BW state about TOR is PR spin.
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    To be fair they did mention previously that the PTS character transfer will be in before Makeb as they need us to test it fully. As Makeb is slated for Spring then it makes sense for the PTS to be out in the 'first part of 2013'. It's vague but not that vague

    I honestly don't think everything BW state about TOR is PR spin.
    Ye - I played Warhammer online. I know how unprofessional Mr. Hickman is. Don't tell me I didn't warn you all.

  13. #33
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Ye - I played Warhammer online. I know how unprofessional Mr. Hickman is. Don't tell me I didn't warn you all.
    He hasn't broken any promises yet. I don't like the little I know about him but his being vague has meant that no promises have been made that were then broken. Only thing I can think of is the PTS coming out before Makeb. He was quite specific on that. We'll need to see if they manage to slip that in on time.

    As to him being unprofessional I'll have to take your word on it as I never played WAR.
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    The more they tell me their secret plans are interesting, exciting, and fun... The less I believe them.
    They have dangled carrots so long and so far out in the distance ppl are no longer biting.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  15. #35
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    14,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    He hasn't broken any promises yet. I don't like the little I know about him but his being vague has meant that no promises have been made that were then broken. Only thing I can think of is the PTS coming out before Makeb. He was quite specific on that. We'll need to see if they manage to slip that in on time.

    As to him being unprofessional I'll have to take your word on it as I never played WAR.
    Yeah...this is Jeff Hickman.
    No, he needed Jeff Hickman, promoted from customer service to produce the Warhammer project. Wait, let me let you have that sink in. The man running customer service, on the theory that the management of a large team of CSRs qualified him to run a game development project, was put in charge of a $50 million project with no previous experience.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by gamz247 View Post
    This is the same thing Blizzard has been doing over the past 8 years. How many features have they promised and not delivered on? What makes EA/BioWare's empty promises any more spectacular?
    Even if it was the same thing how does that mater? Because another company might drag things out or feed ppl crap doesn't mean SWTOR needs to go down that path also.

    As far as what Kitty said BW has over hyped and under delivered on almost everything and on soe of them they even set dates for events then failed to meet them.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  17. #37
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Yeah...this is Jeff Hickman.
    That quote reinforces my belief that in the game development world it really is all about 'who you know' and not so much 'what you know'.
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I've seen similar stuff in games like vindictus.
    BIS gear for a story arc tends to be a little better than the next arcs green set.
    If you played during TBC, you probably remember guilds clearing kara10 in naxx40.
    Same idea.
    If that is the case it is going to be far to easy for current geared 50s or way to hard for the sub 50s that lvl up down the road. It will also kill motivation for doing it for many, as much as ppl like to think gear shouldn't motivate ppl it does if the new stuff doesnt offer better gear then many wont touch it. Corelia is a great example of this I know several ppl and have 50s myself that never went there before the black hole stuff came around. Once you hit lvl cap unless you really wanted to finish the story line there was no reason to go there.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    That quote reinforces my belief that in the game development world it really is all about 'who you know' and not so much 'what you know'.
    Most places are, actually. Who you know accounts for far more than what you know. You do need some basic knowledge, but having good contacts is far more important than how good you are at your job.

  20. #40
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    As far as what Kitty said BW has over hyped and under delivered on almost everything and on soe of them they even set dates for events then failed to meet them.
    Agree completely with the overhyped and under delivered parts.

    Don't agree on them missing dates. Makeb was supposed to be before the end of the year. This was stated months before the F2P was announced which obviously pushed Makeb back. It actually sounds reasonable if you think about it dispassionately. I can't think of anything else they missed a date on. Help me out, it's 2am here

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 01:56 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Most places are, actually. Who you know accounts for far more than what you know. You do need some basic knowledge, but having good contacts is far more important than how good you are at your job.
    Oh I see that but you never hear of a head of makeup being given the reigns to direct a film. It's a rare occurance to go from 'having no previous experience' to being in charge. At least in the fields I've worked in. Networking works wonders but you still need to be in the same field surely?

    I agree though, in lots of places I'd imagine who you know counts for more than what you know. Worrying thing I'll have to explain to my daughter one day.
    Last edited by Jamos77; 2013-01-03 at 12:59 AM.
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •