Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I don't see why SGR's have to be announced as a big deal or why the hell its so important, its a game I would rather they spent time on creating good game content and not wasting their time on this crap.

    I play a Jedi so no romantics for me anyway.
    jedi do have romantic scenes, it's up to you wether you chose to give in to your passion or strictly follow the jedi code.

  2. #162
    Dreadlord Rivyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hell's out house (Missouri)
    Posts
    829
    I can think of alot more things they could focous on for the game that are better than SGR's. SGR's are a novilty that should be added once they have added what the core game still lacks.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    I can think of alot more things they could focous on for the game that are better than SGR's. SGR's are a novilty that should be added once they have added what the core game still lacks.
    You could make that argument for literally EVERYTHING. It's obviously based on your personal preferences on which game content you enjoy.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    I can think of alot more things they could focous on for the game that are better than SGR's. SGR's are a novilty that should be added once they have added what the core game still lacks.
    MMO developers only work on one thing at a time. Clearly.
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  5. #165
    SGR is a minor thing
    i would even say that romance, or even companion story are a minor minor thing in swtor.

    I romance elara dorne a year ago, and haven't spoken a word to her ever since.
    I suppose game are about gameplay and gaming.

    that is only my opinion of course.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    SGR is a minor thing
    i would even say that romance, or even companion story are a minor minor thing in swtor.

    I romance elara dorne a year ago, and haven't spoken a word to her ever since.
    I suppose game are about gameplay and gaming.

    that is only my opinion of course.
    I think for a lot of people, swtor is a character centric game. Especially in the 1-50 game. Feeling limited in their way of developing that character chaffs for them so /shrug. Its a big deal to people.

    I think that SGR is more a social justice thing for me, personally. That said, the current solution seems even more offensive than ignoring homosexuality entirely. The stereo type that gay people just hook up and don't make meaningful commitments to one another is a serious problem. People who accept this stereo type believe that the relationship is centered around the sexual relationship rather than the emotional relationship. This plays itself out in extremely harmful ways. For example, one of the reasons people opposed to gay men adopting children is because they are afraid they will molest the child (you probably think I am joking right now. If so, you probably live on the coasts). Now, people is policy crafting positions know that children have a far lower chance of being molested by a gay couple than a straight couple (this is due primarily to sampling bias as people who adopt have to be screened for that sort of crap and they tend to have a lot of money saved up. adoptions aren't cheap. Gay parents tend to be the most prepared parents because they feel they have to be above and beyond straight couples in order to over come these stereotypes). So why are meaningful SGR important in the media? Because the next generation can not be blinded by fear and stereo types and this "gay people only hook up in cantinas" thing is a problem.
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  7. #167
    Old God Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    10,307
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I think that SGR is more a social justice thing for me, personally. That said, the current solution seems even more offensive than ignoring homosexuality entirely. The stereo type that gay people just hook up and don't make meaningful commitments to one another is a serious problem.
    I agree...if there are enough of the actual LGBT community playing and not just adolescent perverts playing the game, they are going to catch a lot of criticism for this. It's a very poor decision to implement them this way. It should have been ignored rather than exemplified in stereotypical design.

  8. #168
    Honestly, I don't see it as being a "GAYS HAVE ONE NIGHT STANDS" thing, and more of a "We had limited development time and really wanted to get this out/had to change how we implemented it so here's the best we could do." I'd love to see it expanded with current/new companions, but it's nice to at least know they haven't forgotten about this. BW/EA are actually some of the friendliest companies towards the LBGT community in gaming, so I'd be hard pressed to believe that they would do anything with the intention of disparaging anyone from that community.

  9. #169
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,028
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Honestly, I don't see it as being a "GAYS HAVE ONE NIGHT STANDS" thing, and more of a "We had limited development time and really wanted to get this out/had to change how we implemented it so here's the best we could do." I'd love to see it expanded with current/new companions, but it's nice to at least know they haven't forgotten about this. BW/EA are actually some of the friendliest companies towards the LBGT community in gaming, so I'd be hard pressed to believe that they would do anything with the intention of disparaging anyone from that community.
    I agree. How they explained it actually made sense to me.
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Honestly, I don't see it as being a "GAYS HAVE ONE NIGHT STANDS" thing, and more of a "We had limited development time and really wanted to get this out/had to change how we implemented it so here's the best we could do." I'd love to see it expanded with current/new companions, but it's nice to at least know they haven't forgotten about this. BW/EA are actually some of the friendliest companies towards the LBGT community in gaming, so I'd be hard pressed to believe that they would do anything with the intention of disparaging anyone from that community.
    I would like it if they came out and said something like,
    "This is just part 1. Part 2 is a pair of Hk51 like characters who you can have full SGR with." Someone on this forum suggested something like this. It would be good to... you know. Communicate something like that with us.
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  11. #171
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,028
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I would like it if they came out and said something like,
    "This is just part 1. Part 2 is a pair of Hk51 like characters who you can have full SGR with." Someone on this forum suggested something like this. It would be good to... you know. Communicate something like that with us.
    Communicate? Therein lies the rub.
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I would like it if they came out and said something like,
    "This is just part 1. Part 2 is a pair of Hk51 like characters who you can have full SGR with." Someone on this forum suggested something like this. It would be good to... you know. Communicate something like that with us.
    They have some of the worst communication around, so I'm not expecting them to give us anything meaningful about their upcoming plans, or even their current plans. Nor do I want them to at this point, I'd rather not have another Makeb or Secret Space Project situation again. Any time they open their mouth (or type on a keyboard) they get themselves into trouble.

    Asking for meaningful communication from BioWare...you just can't stop it with the zingers, can you HK.

  13. #173
    just for my own information, are we primarily talking about man-man romance or woman-woman romance. Or maybe an exact 50/50 ratio?

  14. #174
    it'll be both. they won't add one without adding the other.

  15. #175
    Epic! WarpedAcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I would like it if they came out and said something like,
    "This is just part 1. Part 2 is a pair of Hk51 like characters who you can have full SGR with." Someone on this forum suggested something like this. It would be good to... you know. Communicate something like that with us.

    I just had an image of players having to scan various planets and find components in flashpoints in order to construct their potential gay romance partner.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I just had an image of players having to scan various planets and find components in flashpoints in order to construct their potential gay romance partner.
    You looted [Reversed Polarization Sex Drive]
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  17. #177
    new expansion...Rise of the Gays! Now you too can have 1 night stands with random npcs on a new mysterious planet...Feel free to explore our new flashpoints where you can discover your sexuality by looting sex toys from our domination chamber flash point. Don't worry we now offer new operations that can take your bliss to new highs. Don't forget to visit our new cantina "The Manhole".


    [Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-01-09 at 05:31 PM.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I just had an image of players having to scan various planets and find components in flashpoints in order to construct their potential gay romance partner.
    lmao xD Obviously, any new human companion (even if not-available for SGR) would have different quests than HK. But HK-like companions with SGRs would be perfect solution IMO. New companions would usable for everyone and the SGR with them would be just small bonus, developed alongside the companions itself. It would be the best combination of development cost and doing SGRs right. Because there's no way they're gonna modify existing companions, every class has different ones, it would require modified dialogues/changes for at least 16 companions to cover all classes. Doing 2 new companions that every class would have access to is just so much easier and cheaper.

  19. #179
    Epic! WarpedAcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrus View Post
    lmao xD Obviously, any new human companion (even if not-available for SGR) would have different quests than HK. But HK-like companions with SGRs would be perfect solution IMO. New companions would usable for everyone and the SGR with them would be just small bonus, developed alongside the companions itself. It would be the best combination of development cost and doing SGRs right. Because there's no way they're gonna modify existing companions, every class has different ones, it would require modified dialogues/changes for at least 16 companions to cover all classes. Doing 2 new companions that every class would have access to is just so much easier and cheaper.
    Well, nuts and bolts aside (pun intended), they would only need to make 1 new companion actually available to the player. By that I mean they would just need to have 1 companion that matches your character's gender (although technically they would need 2 companions, 1 female and 1 male). But they could use them for every class and on both factions if they make them a "neutral" NPC that is related to the Makeb planet or some other future planet. The easiest class loadout would be healer, as every class has a DPS spec and could use a Healer while questing (and most of the current healer companions suck).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •