Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaxx View Post
    Not trying to be "that guy
    We've already had a moderator warn the thread to stop judging and insulting people based on their financial decisions. It's fine for you to state that you don't feel the game is worth the $15, but you cannot tell someone else they are 'in denial'. Different folks and all that.

Just from your signature alone you were 'that guy' a long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    Although I am still subbed, I do not think swtor is actually worth the monthly 15 bucks. at launch, it was a good game, and well worth a sub, no matter what people say, it was a good MMO, even witthout the star wars bonus. not the best MMO, but it had many strengths compared to its competitors and the updates were good. and thats pretty much what we pay 15 bucks for, the support. and I dont believe anyone can argue that the updates this game receives right now (including the announced ones) is worth 15 bucks. you might feel its still an enjoyable game (I do, too, to a certain degree), but BW's effort is not worth monthly 15 bucks, the game feels hardly supported at all, and now there is a new content patch for an extra 10 bucks, wow.

I am still subbed though, because of the star wars bonus, if not for that I would have quit a long time ago.
    I'm sure a lot share your view.

I actually think that the quality of the updates has been good since this summer. Also the frequency has been good enough for me to justify paying for the sub. I believe TOR's CS dept sucks and has done so since launch. I believe that there are too many bugs with each content patch. However the actual content being added is fun for me and the guildies I play with.

We liked the TFB Op. We liked the NM EC. We liked HK though it could have been more of an epic questline. Most of my guild hated the summer event (though I enjoyed it on all my toons). We liked the new WZ and the improved space missions are fun for 5mins a day. To me at least that doesn't seem like a game that's hardly supported at all. I never played WoW but didn't they go 10 months recently with no added content at all? That, considering the millions of subscribers would have caused me to riot and froth at the mouth had I been one of the subs paying $15 a month for 10 months with no content being added.

Was WoW considered to be barely supported then? Rift seems to be on the other extreme with seemingly more content than their subscribers could wish for. Wouldn't it be fair to say that TOR is in the middle somewhere? I'm asking seriously as I only play TOR but I feel like my guild and I have enough content to enjoy. We're not swamped by all means but 'hardly supported' seems harsh to me at least. I'm talking about since last summer of course. Spring 2011 was pitiful content wise.

Edit: I have a doubt as to what you meant by 'updates' though. If you mean bug fixes, adjustments etc then I'd agree that Bioware is sorely lacking in that dept. If you meant content updates then I stand by what I wrote above.
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2013-01-04 at 02:14 PM.

heh Jeff Hickman could have saved us all having to read that wall of PR text by summing up state of the game by making a video of him pooping in a bucket and throwing it on top of some star wars figurines.

Quote Originally Posted by Odegon View Post
    Where they make the money where they release the contents first.
    I'm still confused as to what you're trying to say...

Are you commenting that Korea gets patches before the West? It's annoying, but completely understandable. The game is developed in Korea, so it takes time to translate and localize the patches for the West. They'd rather get the patches in the hands of their Korean players as soon as possible rather than hold it up for the localization process to be completed. Again, it's annoying, but hardly something unique to Aion or anything worse than an annoyance.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I'm still confused as to what you're trying to say...

Are you commenting that Korea gets patches before the West? It's annoying, but completely understandable. The game is developed in Korea, so it takes time to translate and localize the patches for the West. They'd rather get the patches in the hands of their Korean players as soon as possible rather than hold it up for the localization process to be completed. Again, it's annoying, but hardly something unique to Aion or anything worse than an annoyance.
    And still doesn't make it any less free.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 02:18 PM ----------

Not trying to be "that guy", but the fact that there are people who think the game is worth $15 a month just shows how many people are in denial. There are completely free game that are better than swtor, and those games have much brighter futures.

(This is from someone who debates resubbing every week, but can't justify it when there are better games made by non-trash publishers that are cheaper.)
    TL;DR "Not trying to be 'that guy", but I'm going to be 'that guy'."

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    (snip)To me at least that doesn't seem like a game that's hardly supported at all. I never played WoW but didn't they go 10 months recently with no added content at all? That, considering the millions of subscribers would have caused me to riot and froth at the mouth had I been one of the subs paying $15 a month for 10 months with no content being added.

Was WoW considered to be barely supported then? Rift seems to be on the other extreme with seemingly more content than their subscribers could wish for. Wouldn't it be fair to say that TOR is in the middle somewhere? I'm asking seriously as I only play TOR but I feel like my guild and I have enough content to enjoy. We're not swamped by all means but 'hardly supported' seems harsh to me at least. I'm talking about since last summer of course. Spring 2011 was pitiful content wise.
    The thing is, WoW went 10 months without new content at the end of an expansion cycle. SWTOR went without real endgame content from Day 1 to current. And what little they did add when I was still willing to pay for it was half-assedly done and felt rushed and/or untested. Ilum launch anyone? "Come to the planet, stand at the gates to your base, get raped by 400 AoEs going off at the same time. WORLD PVP GUYS!"
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    SWTOR went without real endgame content from Day 1 to current.
    So the 4 raids and ranked pvp are imaginary?

If you want to criticize swtor, you can do it within the confines of reality. I do it all the time. It easy. I promise.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post

If you want to criticize swtor, you can do it within the confines of reality. I do it all the time. It easy. I promise.
    Or the world events, or new warzones, or new daily areas, or new features like legacy, or the new Super Secret Sp..I mean, advanced Space Missions.

There weren't 4 raids at launch. There aren't 4 raids NOW. Unless you're counting different difficulty levels of the SAME operations. Also, ranked PVP didn't exist until patch 1.5. And it's a good thing it didn't because class balance was a joke. "Oh look, I'm stunned by an Agent. Still stunned... Still stunned... OK WTF BIOWARE WHY AM I STILL STUNN- oh. I died."
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

There weren't 4 raids at launch. There aren't 4 raids NOW. Unless you're counting different difficulty levels of the SAME operations. Also, ranked PVP didn't exist until patch 1.5. And it's a good thing it didn't because class balance was a joke. "Oh look, I'm stunned by an Agent. Still stunned... Still stunned... OK WTF BIOWARE WHY AM I STILL STUNN- oh. I died."
    You wrote "SWTOR went without real endgame content from Day 1 to current."

It launched with 1 raid. So the first part is just silly.

Second, you wrote "to current", as in "to current day". If that's not what you meant then you will have to be more clear.

Counting at current day, they have 4 raids.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, ranked PVP didn't exist until patch 1.5. And it's a good thing it didn't because class balance was a joke. "Oh look, I'm stunned by an Agent. Still stunned... Still stunned... OK WTF BIOWARE WHY AM I STILL STUNN- oh. I died."
    Hrmm...looks like someone who didn't know how to use their PvP cooldown properly or what that little white resolve bar was for. Also, you must not have played the game since it launched if you don't know that there are currently 4 raids in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priestiality is correct. To this day there are no RAIDS in SWTOR. That being said, they do have 4 Operations: Eternity Vault, Karagga's Palace, Explosive Conflict, Terror from Beyond.

Please refer to this. With all the boneheaded things the management does, and all the potential in this game, you really don't have to look far to list real criticism. Unfortunately, complaints about there being no endgame content since launch is just flat out wrong. Less content than expected or quality of content is another matter entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Priestiality is correct. To this day there are no RAIDS in SWTOR.
    The developers would disagree. They kept accidentally calling the OP's raids in the guild council meeting : P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Really? There were romances between two men in both DA2 and ME3 so...I'm confused...
    There were m/m romances in ME3 because people kept asking Bioware for 4 years why there were tens of bi & lesbian girls all over the galaxy that FemShep could hook up with in ME1 & ME2 (including an entire race of bisexual space babes) while there was not a single mention of gay guys and all gay ManShep could do was patiently turning down one girl after another.

Anyway, they should just wait till there are actual SGRA with companions. At the moment, it will look like this "Straight players can pursue one night stands or meaningful relationships; gay players can only do hook ups". Talk about sending an awkward message Bioware lol

Actually, ranked PvP was in at 1.3. Season 1 may not have started until 1.5 (if it's even been started as of now because I don't know), but 1.3 was when you could start queuing for Ranked WZs and buy ranked WZ gear.

Deleted
    The thing is, WoW went 10 months without new content at the end of an expansion cycle. SWTOR went without real endgame content from Day 1 to current. And what little they did add when I was still willing to pay for it was half-assedly done and felt rushed and/or untested. Ilum launch anyone? "Come to the planet, stand at the gates to your base, get raped by 400 AoEs going off at the same time. WORLD PVP GUYS!"

You always seem to sum things up in the best way, it is true that swtor has some faults but pulling 'game has never had any raids' out your ass is a stupid thing to say. Also if people really wish to keep doing the whole compare SWTOR to WoW in terms of bugs and content, do it the right bloody way. Compare WoW year 1 against SWTOR year 1, i can tell you wow had just as many bugs if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by mackie View Post
    Compare WoW year 1 against SWTOR year 1, i can tell you wow had just as many bugs if not more.
    That's now how comparisons work. You compare an existing product to its existing competitors, not the competitors as they would have been had the product entered market at the same time.

Example:
    Apple release their Apple maps and while impressive, they were terrible when compared to the current competition. There wasn't a single comparison to the launch of Google Maps, it was to the current incarnation of Google maps, because that's who they are competing against.

If you enter a market late, you're not competing with a the quality of a product on its launch, you're competing with the quality of the products as-is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mackie View Post
    Compare WoW year 1 against SWTOR year 1, i can tell you wow had just as many bugs if not more.
    WoW had the advantage of being a considerably better game though.

While it may have had a comparable amount of "bugs" which any new MMO will have, it had much better performance on people's systems because the engine was built from the ground up (well, an extensively modified version of an already inplace WC3 engine), and was optimized properly unlike SWTOR.
    Last edited by mmoc3784f78918; 2013-01-05 at 01:24 PM.

Not trying to be "that guy", but the fact that there are people who think the game is worth $15 a month just shows how many people are in denial. There are completely free game that are better than swtor, and those games have much brighter futures.

(This is from someone who debates resubbing every week, but can't justify it when there are better games made by non-trash publishers that are cheaper.)
    Please do show me the mmo set in the same era of Star Wars history.... and we can talk. There is a reason why I don't play GW2/ Everyqest 2/ WoW/ Rift/ Tera and many other games..... .

However I'm in the happy situation to not have to worry about 10 bucks a months.... and if I spend this on another few beers, toilet paper or on discovering who is living in my shoes at night is of no concern to anyone but me... and probably my wife.

I pre-ordered the game purely because there are two ways how it can go. First, SWTOR will be shut down = I wasted 10 bucks or Second, SWTOR will continue.... we will see new operations if in that expansion or not... = I wasted 10 bucks in the eyes of my wife. Same outcome...

I wish we could do this with less bickering.

RotHC isn't much of an "expansion" compared to, say, Burning Crusade, but $10 (sub price) isn't a lot of cabbage. BC was $40 retail as I recall.

The reason you have to pay is that OLD REPUBLIC's on a strickly cash basis at th' EA company store nowadays. If they want to borrow th' development tractor, they got to show some coin. Hutt Cartel should bring them 3 to 5 million profit, which could be a life or death number by next summer.

Still experimenting...