Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Mmmm In my opinion Cait is easier and more safe then Graves, same for Sona instead of Soraka.
    I never jungled with Mundo but I would say is not the easiest to gank with.
    Singed has a unique mechanic, u are not exactly learning how to play a top bruiser.
    I guess I can agree with Karthus even if I think it can be played really badly, and he also has a fair unique way to be played as mid, also u need map awareness.

The cheapest champions are also the simplest and easier to play for a beginner.

450 IP: Master Yi, Kayle and Garen
    1350: Jax, Sion
    3150: Xin Zhao

Melee champions are easier to play then range and casters. You should go Master Yi lots of damage and he can escape with abilities he also has alpha strike which makes last hitting minions easy. You can also go with Garen and buy armor MR items you will survive longer, so the game will go slower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say that learning jungling on dr. mundo is the easiest. He spends health to clear the jungle, and in s2 this was no problem at all since you could just roll on out of the jungle with ease, but if you are inexperienced and do not have runes/masteries then I think jungling him at lower levels would be quite painful.

I would recommend someone like Jax, Xin Zhao or even warwick for leaning. Warwick is slow, but he is very safe.

Deleted
    Warwick is great for lowbie jungling, can do very well without any runes. Just don't get used to him as he's nigh-useless when you come out of low level games.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Warwick is great for lowbie jungling, can do very well without any runes. Just don't get used to him as he's nigh-useless when you come out of low level games.
    Surviving jungle =/= good jungler. He's already quite slow with full masteries and runes. Without them he's so slow that it's not even worth it.

He's better top than jungle I agree but if you are allowed to farm to 6, he's useful even at 30 and people tend to underestimate his ganks (which are awful pre6 but redbuff + lane cc is usually enough if someone overextends)

Deleted
    Newbie jungle is whole different story (getting buffs, increasing gold/xp gain), and things that WW do are good enough for it. Newbies don't really try to control map or something.

My point is that you can't do anything when you are so damn far behind in exp (most people wont farm anyway so the gold difference wont be that big)

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    Surviving jungle =/= good jungler. He's already quite slow with full masteries and runes. Without them he's so slow that it's not even worth it.

He's better top than jungle I agree but if you are allowed to farm to 6, he's useful even at 30 and people tend to underestimate his ganks (which are awful pre6 but redbuff + lane cc is usually enough if someone overextends)
    surviving jungle is quite a big step for a newbie, map control is something that can always be learned later.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I started playing not too long ago myself (lvl21 atm) and here's my input on what champs are the "easy ones":

Top: Garen or Olaf (Both quite simple. Mostly built to be quite tanky to boot so they are more "forgiving")
    Mid: Ryze (Simple yet effective. Nice for getting used to Smart Casting and "comboing" as well)
    Jungle: Udyr for sure. (Very easy to play and you can jungle decently enough without any runes)
    Bot ADC: Ashe or Caitlyn (Both quite simple. Caitlyn has some escape ability, Ashe has none but has a great slow and a fun ULT)
    Bot Supp: Soraka or Sona (Soraka for ADC mana-battery/healbot, esp great with Caitlyn/Ezreal. Sona is healbot/utility)

If you have any higher level friends one great way to learn the ropes is to just play with them (even if they are lvl30!) as a Support. Makes learning objective monitoring and such really smooth. Also a good way to learn how to ward properly as it's one of the main jobs for a support... Though not only supports should ward Support is a lot less hectic most of the time so you can take your time observing the map and the flow of the game. Thats how I got "into the game" so to speak.

Once you feel confident in your skills you can try some more "fun" supports like Blitzcrank and Alistair :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    And how will he get that required practice if he never uses them?
    Once you learn the basics you can start learning more advanced things like smartcasting. Won't suggest starting with something like Jayce, you'd overwhelm yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    surviving jungle is quite a big step for a newbie, map control is something that can always be learned later.
    As I said I'm not even talking about that. I'm talking about the very basics of jungling: at least keeping up in exp with the duo lanes or only slightly behind.

No way ww will be even near them if he doesnt have acces to runes/masteries. That's what i'm talking aobut the whole time. Wow you survived the jungle but your top was 1vs2 and got destroyed and now you've got 2 champiosn who have no gold and no exp

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As I said I'm not even talking about that. I'm talking about the very basics of jungling: at least keeping up in exp with the duo lanes or only slightly behind.

No way ww will be even near them if he doesnt have acces to runes/masteries. That's what i'm talking aobut the whole time. Wow you survived the jungle but your top was 1vs2 and got destroyed and now you've got 2 champiosn who have no gold and no exp
    Sorry, I just don't agree.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

To be honest, in lowbie games, I don't think the difference will be that big.

However, Drunkenfinn mentioned Udyr which I will say is really good to start with as well. You just need to get used to his style, and he's pretty strong.
    Although Warwick isn't as movement speed-dependent, especially considering his W and his ultimate after level 6.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    Sona is healbot/utility)
    I have to laugh at this. Sona is definitely not a healbot. You have to play her aggressively by maxing Q first...otherwise you should be playing Soraka.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Yeah, what Toxigen said. We also mentioned it in this thread, that Sona is often very underestimated and undervalued because people think she's just a regular, boring support, while she really is so much more.

However, playing aggressively and succeeding at it comes with experience, so just make sure you don't try to do something stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Yeah, what Toxigen said. We also mentioned it in this thread, that Sona is often very underestimated and undervalued because people think she's just a regular, boring support, while she really is so much more.

However, playing aggressively and succeeding at it comes with experience, so just make sure you don't try to do something stupid.
    Since when being boring is regular for supports? Even Soraka, who is probably the most passive of supports, can play quite aggressively with success. Just because you don't fight for CS does not mean it's boring - quite the opposite actually, as that leaves you with lots of "free" time for other stuff.

Deleted
    Soraka has one of the highest level 1-3 damage of all supports, but falls of hard. They made so many crippling nerfs that being healbot is more or less only viable way to play hare. So sad.

Sorry, I shouldn't have mentioned the words "regular" and "boring" in one sentence. I meant it in a sense that supports like Sona/Soraka are "meh" and "just those boring supports people play regularly".

People just tend to underestimate things in general.

Deleted
    mobafire ROFL

infracted
    Last edited by Isrozzis; 2013-01-05 at 12:32 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah Sona is really amazing if u can play aggressive with her. So good at baiting kills with.