Poll: Return the XBOX 360 and buy a Wii U or not?

Question Wife won a 250GB XBox 360

This is the last year of the XBox 360. She won it at a work party - it's from the local Best Buy. The Wii-U just came out. Do you think it's worth returning the Xbox for 250 bucks and put the money towards the Wii-U? She likes the kinect, but this model didn't come with one, so either way we will end up spending 50-100 bucks.

We already have a Nintendo Wii. So we already have some controllers. Opinions?
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Depends on what you enjoy more. I personally enjoy my Wii U more than my 360. I guess it comes down to what exclusives you like more. I find Mario a lot more fun than most of the stuff on the 360.

Deleted
    If I won an Xbox 360 I'd immediately return it for the money. Although it depends which console has the most games on it that you enjoy.

For me it's none PC. If I had to pick though I'd say the Xbox 360 is a better console than the WII U, unless you specifically want Nintendo games. I think the WII U is going to be short lived.
    Last edited by mmocacf3c78f7d; 2013-01-02 at 07:47 PM.

I guess it's more about what you would enjoy more. Wii games, and 360 games imo, are two really different things. I'd prob go the Wii U route since i have a PS3, and i have always loved Nintendo since release.

Also, I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure the Wii U uses the Wii "gamepad" and not original Wii controllers. And I also heard they are like 100$ or so haha.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    It uses both. The Wii U comes with one gamepad.
    Well, thanks for clearing that up.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    And you can't use more than one gamepad at a time, so don't buy extras. Some games though can use up to 4 additional wii motes, resulting in the first ever games with 5 players at once (I think)

I'd personally stick with the 360 & go kinect, WiiU's not floating my boat & so far the software seems to be WTF expensive - but that's coming from someone who bought a Wii & barely played it.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Well, the Xbox 360 has been out for over 7 years now, meaning 2 things:
    1. It's starting to become outdated.
    2. The next Xbox and Playstation will probably release in the next 1-2 years.

Still, I haven't really looked into the Wii-U, so I don't know if it's technically better or worse than the other consoles, although I have a couple of friends who have picked it up, and they say it's absolutely amazing.

In the end, I guess it comes down to what games you prefer. Zelda vs Halo? Mario vs Gears of War?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireballzz
    WoW is dying pls send help

The Wii-U will have more longevity from now 'till it gets replaced than the 360 obviously, so it will benefit you the most getting the Wii-U if you want the most pleasant experience at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want a Wii U it's better to keep the Xbox 360 and sell your Wii since most Wii games will be playable on the Wii U and just keep your Wii controllers. That way you can have 2 different consoles and play the Xbox 360 exclusives along with the Wii U exclusives instead of 2 consoles that are basically the same, only the Wii U is better. You probably won't get much for the Wii but it would still be better than having a Wii and Wii U. It's up to you but that's what I would do.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-01-09 at 10:48 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Return for money, although I voted to keep it. That said I need a console, 99% irl buds are on consoles sadly (oh and their PC arguments are so flawed it isn't even funny).
    -K

Deleted
    She won it so it's her decision. Not yours. Sorry to tell you that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Some families make decisions together, you know the whole 'we' thing he was talking about..

Maybe she asked his opinion, and he in turn asked ours?

OT: Whichever you genuinely think you will use more (Games you would play etc)

I'd return it just because I prefer PC games.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sell it... FAST.

Really just sell it. In a matter of "days" it will be worth nothing. I just got ride of my PS3 for only 100€ (it was the FAT 40gb one, it was a good deal in Spain actually).
    Anything around 100€ or more is worth it. A PC beats XBox and PS3 at any time also.... free games (in case you want) and able to mod stuff quite easily.
    I never really got the point of people spending 500 and 600 euros in a machine when you can spend that in a super gaming pc. (My ps3 was a present long ago, never ever used it)

She did ask me what I thought and we plan on deciding together what we end up doing. We also have a 4 month old baby and as he gets older and wants to play some games, I'm not sure if the Xbox is as enjoyable for children.

Anyway, we still don't know what we're going to do with it. As of now we haven't opened it, yet.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

You'd probably be better off with the wii u just because of all different things you can do with it
    Signature by Eruionmel!

sell it! 10characters...
    <insert witty signature here>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    She did ask me what I thought and we plan on deciding together what we end up doing. We also have a 4 month old baby and as he gets older and wants to play some games, I'm not sure if the Xbox is as enjoyable for children.

Anyway, we still don't know what we're going to do with it. As of now we haven't opened it, yet.
    Oh ok. The OP seemed to me like you were deciding alone, or maybe I was just tired.

That said, sell it, the new generation of consoles is coming (kind of slow) so better put money for that. I understood in a few months something will come out... if only I could remember what. Or you could get the Wii U of course, which is also good since it can do a lot of things.