Dominos and key press activation

So I recently switched to Dominos and I like using it alot more than Bartender, apart from one thing I have realised and it is really something that might make me go back to Bartender if I can't sort it out. Bars 1 and 3 when using Dominos activate on key-down (instead of key-release activation) but all the other bars don't, how can I make all of the bars activate on key-down and not key-release?

The wow interface options has the option of key-down ticked, also.

That's unusual, because Dominos uses the Blizzard code for that - so it seems more like an issue with Blizzard's code than Dominos.

At least, as far as I know. Dominos was, after all, written with an eye to using as much of Blizzard's code as possible.

EDIT:
    Bars 1 and 3 work fine - on keypress, instead of release - on my setup, using the latest version of Dominos.
    Last edited by Taryble; 2013-01-02 at 08:56 PM.
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty. - Sgt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds, Battle of Serenity Valley

Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    So I recently switched to Dominos and I like using it alot more than Bartender, apart from one thing I have realised and it is really something that might make me go back to Bartender if I can't sort it out. Bars 1 and 3 when using Dominos activate on key-down (instead of key-release activation) but all the other bars don't, how can I make all of the bars activate on key-down and not key-release?

The wow interface options has the option of key-down ticked, also.
    It's been a few months since using Dominos but I believe you can change it via the config bars and access the each bars options with a right click on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    That's unusual, because Dominos uses the Blizzard code for that - so it seems more like an issue with Blizzard's code than Dominos.

At least, as far as I know. Dominos was, after all, written with an eye to using as much of Blizzard's code as possible.

EDIT:
    Bars 1 and 3 work fine - on keypress, instead of release - on my setup, using the latest version of Dominos.
    Yeah, they're the two that work, none of the others work like that though

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 09:15 PM ----------

Just checked the right-click options and there isn't an option to turn on activate on key-down either.

Bar 2 also works on key-down for me (I normally only use 1, 2, and 3), so I'm not sure where the issue is happening
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty. - Sgt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds, Battle of Serenity Valley

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Would deleting the WTF folder work? if that might work, which files should I keep and which are fine to get rid of?

I would try to disable the option in Dominos first, considering you've got the option enabled in the Blizzard settings aswell. They might clash when you have both enabled.

I don't believe the option exists in Dominos - or ever did, in fact. Tuller didn't want to have to do all that in his bar addon, he wrote it with the idea of letting other addons do stuff (which is why it doesn't have built-in range/mana coloring, it doesn't have a cooldown timer system, etc). He even says on the page for Dominos that if you want cast-on-keypress-instead-of-release to use snowfallkeypress (which the author stopped working on when Blizzard did their version).

All of my dominos bars work the same, activating the spell on key release, not on key press. I'm using bar 1, 5 and 6
    http://wow-challenge-blog.tumblr.com/ - Challenge completed: 50 90 characters on one account, none bought.

First, an apology - bar 2 does NOT work on key-down for me, I forgot which bars I had in use.

Now, the meat of this post.

Okay, I got into looking at things a little deeper (that is, a bar by bar bind testing).

First, a notice on what each Dominos bar represents in the default UI
    Bar 1 - Default Action Bar
    Bar 2 - Page 2 of Default Action Bar
    Bar 3 - Multi-Bar Right (right-side bar, closest to the screen edge)
    Bar 4 - Multi-Bar Left (right-side bar, left of MBR)
    Bar 5 - Multi-Bar Bottom Right (above the bags in default UI)
    Bar 6 - Multi-Bar Bottom Left (above the default action bar)
    Bar 7 - Stance/Shapeshift Bar
    Bar 8 - Stance/Shapeshift Bar
    Bar 9 - Stance/Shapeshift Bar
    Bar 10 - Stance/Shapeshift Bar

This means that, in the Blizzard key bindings, Bars 2, 7, 8, 9, 10 are swapouts - they "replace" Bar 1 in certain situations. They do not have keybindings of their own in the Blizzard Keybindings Menu. What this means is that Dominos is actually providing those keybindings in it's own system.

Why is that important? It means that those bars don't follow the built-in Blizzard setting for Activate on Press/Release.

Yup.

We need to either use an addon to modify this one, or we need to modify those keybind functions ourselves. Or, we can make an effort to not use those bars in our normal, everyday, UI's - or use them for non-combat spells, where the difference between Press and Release isn't a problem (food/beverage, hearthstone, prospecting/disenchanting/milling, ooc resurrections, etc).
    Last edited by Taryble; 2013-01-05 at 07:23 PM.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up, I went through a couple of bars two days ago and found a third bar that uses key-down, so I swapped a couple of bars around and now the bars I use in combat are the ones wit key-down, and put the out of combat stuff on the bars that are tied to key-release like you said.

Good job on figuring it out, hopefully the author of the addon figures something out, or states that that is how the addon works.

Well, Tuller always stated that his addon would never change whether a spell went off on press or release - he always suggested other addons when it was requested to be put into Dominos.

I have posted this as a comment on the addon's development site (CurseForge), by the way.

This is a known issue with Dominos ( https://github.com/tullamods/Dominos/wiki/Known-Issues )

Usually a fan of Tuller's addons, but this one made me switch to Bartender4 for good.

I worked around it - I just use the unsupported bars for things that aren't combat-oriented (food, hearthstones, guild bank, resurrection, prospecting, blessings, etc), and for paged bars (ie bar 1 shows the bar 2/7/8/9/10 abilities in particular stances/etc).

That lets me use the other 5 bars (60 spell slots) for combat-oriented abilities. Should be more than enough, especially with macros (my bar #1 has something like 15-18 abilities on it, via macros).

Yep, shouldn't be a problem for most classes, I wasn't able to avoid bar 7-10 on my druid & warrior though.

You needed more than 60 in-combat abilities? Or are you referring to how they change in druid forms?

If you're talking about forms, just set Bar 1 to page to Bar 7/8/9/10 (per form), that way you get Bar 1's keybinds and Activate-On-KeyPress ability. It's how my Druid deals with it (my levelling warrior doesn't really use stances yet).