Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviledna View Post
    An even larger slap in the face is knowing that level 87's can do the Sha sitting around in Kun Lai and have their four set tier waiting for them at 90.
    I really don't understand what your problem is with that - and fyi he only drops two set tokens. Go place a 85+ char in the area yourself? It's not like that low char is taking anyone's loot, or anyones raidspot (at least on our server sha will be pulled when there are 25+ players in the raid).

  2. #42
    Pandaren Monk Kilpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Cata LFR had a far bigger chance for loot. When you needed something you just rolled on anything you could, then when your item drops you then traded one of your won items for it.
    Full tier set took only 2-4 weeks that way.
    I've done one week of LFR and have 3 pieces for my main set and 1 for offset. RNG is RNG.

  3. #43
    LFR is just like running with PUGs every week. When you raid with a normal raid, your chance to get gear actually increases as people gear up and no longer need gear but with LFR you just sit at the rock bottom chances of getting gear.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

  4. #44
    Your complaints about LFR loot are just plain silly and your suggestion to reward people who are at the top of the charts is worse. You can't reward someone for being at the top of the charts because they might have fucked up other mechanics to the fight. Like maybe they stayed on the boss the whole time dpsing instead of helping taking down the adds like they were spos'ed to. Also...how would a tank get rewarded on such a system?

    And the system isn't "punishing you" as you claim. RNG is fucking with you as it fucks with every player at one point or another. Just suck it up until next week like the rest of us do.

    Imo the loot system is fine the way it is. The only thing I might want to add to it is something like "If you killed this boss X amount of times and you didn't get the piece you were after, now you get the piece." Something along the lines of maybe killing any boss 5 times grants you 1 free pick into its loot table would be nice.

  5. #45
    Bloodsail Admiral caninepawprints's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,248
    First, people below level 90 will never get four pieces of Tier from the Sha. He only drops two pieces of Tier: pants and gloves.

    Second, I enjoyed doing Sha of Anger before level 90, regardless of whether or not I received loot from it, because it meant I had an epic pair of boots waiting for me when I hit 90. That helped me get that much closer to doing heroics so I could gear up to do LFR.

    While I agree the LFR loot system needs to be looked at (I'm getting tired of seeing bags of gold myself), I think you're misinformed in some areas, and that isn't going to help people take you seriously if you can't get all your facts straight before presenting them to back up your argument.

    I liked my suggestion where your chance of getting loot increases for each time you kill a boss and don't receive anything except gold. In this way, everyone would be guaranteed a piece of loot at some point, rather than weeks on end of nothing but bags of gold and no progression through the content.

    Image created by Brienna

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Radoria View Post
    Imo the loot system is fine the way it is. The only thing I might want to add to it is something like "If you killed this boss X amount of times and you didn't get the piece you were after, now you get the piece." Something along the lines of maybe killing any boss 5 times grants you 1 free pick into its loot table would be nice.
    This system exists. It's called Valor Points.

  7. #47
    Warchief Voyager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Charo View Post
    And this people, is what we call a fucking asshole. You're the reason for the new loot system. And the blind rolls give you the EXACT SAME CHANCE AT GEAR AS THE PREVIOUS SYSTEM*

    *unless you're like Voyager here who totally ruined the WoW community.
    [img]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgotggqM441qerqcg.jpg[img]

    [Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-01-02 at 11:46 PM.

  8. #48
    Also, the amount of "effort" that you put into an LFR run really depends on what kind of person you are... I actually like to "practice," if you will, in LFR. I like to perfect my timing and work on my AOE to see if there's anything I can do to squeeze out even the smallest amount more DPS or whatever... If I don't win, it's certainly not because I didn't try, it's because my completely random chance at the lottery ended up with a zero. I still got some gold out of it, so whatever. I don't look at meters and say "OMG, no one else is trying, so fuck this shit, I'm on strike." I say, "whoa, I'm smokin' everyone else, I wonder if I can do better next fight," or something like that... It is what you make of it.

    Also RNG is RNG.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

  9. #49
    Another thread where someone genuinely complains about something that feels terrible in game, and all the keyboard warriors rush in to tell them why they aren't entitled to this or why their opinion is wrong.

    It seems like some of you people just jump at the chance to argue with someone just for the sake of it. Why do you not just ignore the post if you don't agree? The reality is, the loot system in MoP is giving alot of the player base the shits, much more than previous expansions, and Blizzard need to hear that.

    I for one, do not agree with the choices they have made simply to keep people playing longer. The whole reason the drop rates are so low and loot is based on RNG is to keep us raiding longer and our subscriptions ticking.

    So let's frustrate the players to keep them playing? The game is so far gone that it is no longer fun to play unless you are consistently aquiring gear and progressing your character. Think about it, would you consistently run dungeons and raids or do dailies if there were NO GEAR rewards at all? Maybe it would still be enjoyable the first time or two but they would be ghost towns after that. If you're a PVE player and the luck of the game gave you your two tier pieces from Sha, would you be running that shit again?

    One good thing about wrath was that it was alt friendly. Gear progression seemed much steadier and once you had all the gear you could aquire from the content you were taking on, at least you could easily run stuff on your alt or two. I can barely bring myself to level my 87 Paladin as my first alt, the grind is so slow and boring.

    I have a life and I play this game casually. You want to know how the game is for me at the moment? It usually goes something like this:

    -Log in at the start of the weekly resets
    -Que up for terrace raid finder and 5 man heroic for some Valor. (raid finder que over 30 min, 5 man 15 min)
    - What the hell am i supposed to do for 15 min until 5 man pops? I will either go and do the new dailies which, like many people i find quite boring and tedious.
    What makes the dailies more fun for me? Probably grouping up with others and having some fun with horde in between.
    Oh wait, I can't group with anyone else because joining a group kills your LFR and dungeon que..
    This is the same story with Sha. Join a Sha raid and wait around for a spawn and a tag you might not even get? Still kills your raid finder que!

    It's starting to feel like Cata again. Stuck in a fking que and not being able to do much else while waiting.. And then when I chose to join a Sha raid and throw away the que i've been in, I have got a ridiculously small chance of getting the loot I want, even with bonus rolling!

    Since the FIRST week I have been killing Sha and using a bonus roll every time. What have I gotten? PVP Boots and a PVP cloak..... Um What?
    And most of the time i do raid finder, what I want either does not drop, or something completely fking useless drops for me. How is that fun? How, as a player can you defend that?

    Blizzard now make choices to keep people subscribed to the game, and alot of you fools are too addicted to see that.

    If you genuinely find the game fun without aquiring gear (and i believe there are people that do), then keep calm and avoid nerd raging. This post is not directed at you.


    I want to be able to log in and play the damn game without all this down time. I want higher drop rates and less RNG. Hell, I would even just take currencies from the bosses and then be able to buy some loot when I have earned enough of it. I am sick of loot being based on personal luck. I don't want to sit in ques, I would much rather have a list of people in front of me who have stated they want to do a certain dungeon or raid, and then manually make a group out of it. I would even rather spam a LFG channel or trade chat for a group, as opposed to doing nothing sitting in a damn que. I want to play a couple of alts again without having to spend hours of tedious levelling and thousands of quests/same old dungeon levelling.

    I don't want some addicted nerd WoW bully annoying me with "why wern't you at raid last night????" etc etc

    But no, Blizzard are too scared that I will cancel my sub if my gear progression is too fast. LOL

    Funny that, there is a very real chance i will be cancelling for the opposite reason.
    Last edited by Chareoss; 2013-01-02 at 10:33 PM.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    If you genuinely find the game fun without aquiring gear (and i believe there are people that do), then keep calm and avoid nerd raging. This post is not directed at you.
    I find it very ironic that you would post this after a massive rant about how you hate what this game has become, nothing is fun and all the other posters should leave britney alone because she is allowed to cry if she wants to.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you DON'T genuinely find this game fun then please stop playing. Then maybe Blizzard can listen to the smarter solutions out there instead of being drowned out by all the players with their fingers in their ears screaming "BUT DATZ NO FUN I WUN MOAR LEWTZ PLZ"

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by parkerlynne View Post
    And this is the reason LFR will go down hill, players being selfish and/or stupid. The system doesn't REWARD anything, RNG is RNG.
    Remove loot from LFR so I don't have to feel forced to do it...or a better solution, remove sha sockets from LFR drops.

  12. #52
    Scarab Lord aikoyamamato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    4,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    snip
    I'm extremely casual myself, but even I had to facepalm at that post. Gearing up was never intended to be something you did in two weeks of LFR. It requires time and yes, luck. Else what is the point? You blow through the content in 2 weeks, then what? You are not incorrect that they intentionally gate things but it's for the player's benefit as much as their own. This is a monthly, subscription based game. If they don't keep us playing, then we won't play it. Perhaps you are just not liking the idea of a subscription MMO at all? Might I suggest (and this is an honest suggestion, not intended as a GTFO) that you look around for something else to entertain you? Blizzard gave you farms, pet battles, dailies, achievements, old raids (don't require a raid/party anymore), and plenty of things to do in between your queues.

    Also, don't like LFR? Don't do it. I don't do LFR and am entering into my first heroic raids this weekend. My guild raids once or twice a week for 2 hours. What many define as pretty strongly casual. I don't do LFR, don't do dailies (though I am doing Shieldwall because the story is great so far!), and don't do anything else I don't like. Hasn't hindered me or my guild.

  13. #53
    hey guess what i got my sha touched weapon on my first run with a coin, a couple days later i went and soloed tk on my first farming run and alar dropped. ive been doing sha every week since release and using a coin every chance i could and guess what? i only have gloves
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    Not sure how that works when Sha only drops gloves and legs.
    ^^^this i was gonna say the same thing.
    do what you feel.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Cata LFR had a far bigger chance for loot. When you needed something you just rolled on anything you could, then when your item drops you then traded one of your won items for it. Full tier set took only 2-4 weeks that way.
    thats why it god thankfully changed in mop becuase of bad people like u...


    Quote Originally Posted by Plotus View Post
    Can we start locking these threads please!!!
    signed! and bann ppl who start these threads...

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    thats why it god thankfully changed in mop becuase of bad people like u...



    signed! and bann ppl who start these threads...
    i know people like him are why i didnt get gurthalak till almost the very end of cata. in demon soul it was either "need on everything and hope you get somethin" or "bring in a couple friends and make sure nobody gets anything"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  17. #57
    Maybe use extra rolls only for the bosses that drop tier items. And look at the loot tables since you cant get 4 pieces of tier from sha

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    I'm extremely casual myself, but even I had to facepalm at that post. Gearing up was never intended to be something you did in two weeks of LFR. It requires time and yes, luck. Else what is the point? You blow through the content in 2 weeks, then what? You are not incorrect that they intentionally gate things but it's for the player's benefit as much as their own. This is a monthly, subscription based game. If they don't keep us playing, then we won't play it. Perhaps you are just not liking the idea of a subscription MMO at all? Might I suggest (and this is an honest suggestion, not intended as a GTFO) that you look around for something else to entertain you? Blizzard gave you farms, pet battles, dailies, achievements, old raids (don't require a raid/party anymore), and plenty of things to do in between your queues.

    Also, don't like LFR? Don't do it. I don't do LFR and am entering into my first heroic raids this weekend. My guild raids once or twice a week for 2 hours. What many define as pretty strongly casual. I don't do LFR, don't do dailies (though I am doing Shieldwall because the story is great so far!), and don't do anything else I don't like. Hasn't hindered me or my guild.
    Congratulations on wasting your time because clearly you didn't read my post. You're a pure example of what I referred to at the start of it.

    1) I never asked to have every piece of gear in 2 weeks. You made that up. After months of killing the same bosses there are still drops that I haven't been able to recieve just because of poor luck. Sha is a big example of that, although NOT the only one. I'm asking for better gear progression instead of getting drops from LFR and Sha that I don't want or need.

    2) "This is a monthly, subscription based game. If they don't keep us playing, then we won't play it." - So you're admitting if there was no gear for you to chase you would stop playing the game? Therefore you agree the game wouldn't be much fun if you wern't progressing your character's gear? You raid once or twice a week for 2 hours? Yeah that is pretty casual. From that time frame i'd say you probably wouldn't be getting much in terms of gear.. what's that, maybe an upgrade every couple weeks?

    3) Again you're putting words in my mouth, I never said I didn't like LFR. If you ask me, the boss fights are too long and repetitive and the ques are ridiculous. But that doesn't mean i don't like raiding in LFR. The issue is the LOOT SYSTEM. Read.

    4) Plenty of things to do in my ques? Did i not just list out to you what I would prefer to do while qued? Farms? Pet battles? are you kidding me? I already stated dailies to me are boring without a group and you cant group for dailies IN A QUE. READ. Achievements, old raids by myself? I'm not liking the idea of a sub MMO? Do you even know what an MMO is based around? It's playing with other people, and you can't do that in a que!

    Let me make it easy for you and hopefully you read this properly.

    I like to do these things in game:
    -Join or make a Sha raid and kill him for a chance at an upgrade. (2 pvp pieces since the start with bonus rolling is NOT acceptable to me, it is frustrating)
    -Run a random heroic to begin the valor points cap for the week to use on a new upgrade or an existing piece of gear to upgrade
    -I don't mind doing a set of dailies in a group and engaging in some PVP with horde.
    -Join a normal mode raid group and down some bosses.
    -Run a few games of arena or rated BG.
    (I like to do the same things on alts, playing a different class with different design/abilities is fun to me)

    Now you can't tell me that is the right or wrong way to play the game. It's what I like and what I want to do. Farming and pet battles are not my idea of fun.

    Now why don't you tell me exactly how, step by step, I can do those things I listed, without a whole bunch of down time and waiting in ques? Not to mention, the dissapointment of the RNG and low chance at loot from doing them? Go on.. fix the game for me with your wisdom.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    Another thread where someone genuinely complains about something that feels terrible in game, and all the keyboard warriors rush in to tell them why they aren't entitled to this or why their opinion is wrong.

    It seems like some of you people just jump at the chance to argue with someone just for the sake of it. Why do you not just ignore the post if you don't agree? The reality is, the loot system in MoP is giving alot of the player base the shits, much more than previous expansions, and Blizzard need to hear that.

    I for one, do not agree with the choices they have made simply to keep people playing longer. The whole reason the drop rates are so low and loot is based on RNG is to keep us raiding longer and our subscriptions ticking.

    So let's frustrate the players to keep them playing? The game is so far gone that it is no longer fun to play unless you are consistently aquiring gear and progressing your character. Think about it, would you consistently run dungeons and raids or do dailies if there were NO GEAR rewards at all? Maybe it would still be enjoyable the first time or two but they would be ghost towns after that. If you're a PVE player and the luck of the game gave you your two tier pieces from Sha, would you be running that shit again?

    One good thing about wrath was that it was alt friendly. Gear progression seemed much steadier and once you had all the gear you could aquire from the content you were taking on, at least you could easily run stuff on your alt or two. I can barely bring myself to level my 87 Paladin as my first alt, the grind is so slow and boring.

    I have a life and I play this game casually. You want to know how the game is for me at the moment? It usually goes something like this:

    -Log in at the start of the weekly resets
    -Que up for terrace raid finder and 5 man heroic for some Valor. (raid finder que over 30 min, 5 man 15 min)
    - What the hell am i supposed to do for 15 min until 5 man pops? I will either go and do the new dailies which, like many people i find quite boring and tedious.
    What makes the dailies more fun for me? Probably grouping up with others and having some fun with horde in between.
    Oh wait, I can't group with anyone else because joining a group kills your LFR and dungeon que..
    This is the same story with Sha. Join a Sha raid and wait around for a spawn and a tag you might not even get? Still kills your raid finder que!

    It's starting to feel like Cata again. Stuck in a fking que and not being able to do much else while waiting.. And then when I chose to join a Sha raid and throw away the que i've been in, I have got a ridiculously small chance of getting the loot I want, even with bonus rolling!

    Since the FIRST week I have been killing Sha and using a bonus roll every time. What have I gotten? PVP Boots and a PVP cloak..... Um What?
    And most of the time i do raid finder, what I want either does not drop, or something completely fking useless drops for me. How is that fun? How, as a player can you defend that?

    Blizzard now make choices to keep people subscribed to the game, and alot of you fools are too addicted to see that.

    If you genuinely find the game fun without aquiring gear (and i believe there are people that do), then keep calm and avoid nerd raging. This post is not directed at you.


    I want to be able to log in and play the damn game without all this down time. I want higher drop rates and less RNG. Hell, I would even just take currencies from the bosses and then be able to buy some loot when I have earned enough of it. I am sick of loot being based on personal luck. I don't want to sit in ques, I would much rather have a list of people in front of me who have stated they want to do a certain dungeon or raid, and then manually make a group out of it. I would even rather spam a LFG channel or trade chat for a group, as opposed to doing nothing sitting in a damn que. I want to play a couple of alts again without having to spend hours of tedious levelling and thousands of quests/same old dungeon levelling.

    I don't want some addicted nerd WoW bully annoying me with "why wern't you at raid last night????" etc etc

    But no, Blizzard are too scared that I will cancel my sub if my gear progression is too fast. LOL

    Funny that, there is a very real chance i will be cancelling for the opposite reason.
    bye, farewell, good riddance! please by all means unsub cause you don't like that the game doesn't just hand everything to you when you want, please take all the other spoiled whiners with you, the game would be way better off without.
    Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    I don't understand how valor and gold have anything to do with one another. Daily quests give you gold and valor. Professions give you gold. It's as if you wanted a smoothie and I made you one with a straw and you told me you didn't want it because you don't use straws...

  20. #60
    Herald of the Titans Nadev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ultimate Magic World
    Posts
    2,850
    How are people supposed to get loot and progress if the gear is given to the best players?
    Men!

    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

    Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •