Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviledna View Post
    *snip*
    Would you prefer one of the old systems where you actually had to roll against everyone else? I'm sorry that RNG sucks for you, I truly am, I feel your pain, but guaranteed loot after X number of repetitions of X fight isn't the answer.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I wish people would stop QQing about LFR loot. RNG is RNG and everyone has the same chance to get it. LFR is faceroll and only takes 20 mins to do.

Try raiding for an entire tier through actual raid content and never seeing the drop you want, just the same crap that gets DEed cos everyone has it. Sometimes the loot tables just aren't kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkryx View Post
    bye, farewell, good riddance! please by all means unsub cause you don't like that the game doesn't just hand everything to you when you want, please take all the other spoiled whiners with you, the game would be way better off without.
    Another keyboard warrior fool who doesn't read posts properly.

1. You don't have to read my posts
    2. I'm not asking for content nerfs and gear hand outs, just a higher drop rate/less RNG loot system and less down time in ques.
    3. Learn to read

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plotus View Post
    Can we start locking these threads please!!!
    Quoted for truth and just to highlight it once more.., maybe a mod will infract me for not adding to the "debate", but it's constructive in itself just to highlight this quote over n' over.

There's 100 - 200 threads about the same whiny shit about lfr and loot.....................

Quote Originally Posted by Sasume View Post
    I wish people would stop QQing about LFR loot. RNG is RNG and everyone has the same chance to get it. LFR is faceroll and only takes 20 mins to do.

Try raiding for an entire tier through actual raid content and never seeing the drop you want, just the same crap that gets DEed cos everyone has it. Sometimes the loot tables just aren't kind.

Everyone might have the same chance to get loot. But how is it ok when people who are afk'ing boss fights can get loot and then someone who is genuinly trying doesn't just because of luck?

Also, LFR might take 20 mins, but the last time I qued up for Terrace it was a 45 min que just to start it.. No tanks or healers wanting to que with a good dps from trade and none on in the guild. Reality hits you hard bro.

You just told people to stop QQing about loot and then complained about it yourself. lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    Congratulations on wasting your time because clearly you didn't read my post. You're a pure example of what I referred to at the start of it.

1) I never asked to have every piece of gear in 2 weeks. You made that up. After months of killing the same bosses there are still drops that I haven't been able to recieve just because of poor luck. Sha is a big example of that, although NOT the only one. I'm asking for better gear progression instead of getting drops from LFR and Sha that I don't want or need.

2) "This is a monthly, subscription based game. If they don't keep us playing, then we won't play it." - So you're admitting if there was no gear for you to chase you would stop playing the game? Therefore you agree the game wouldn't be much fun if you wern't progressing your character's gear? You raid once or twice a week for 2 hours? Yeah that is pretty casual. From that time frame i'd say you probably wouldn't be getting much in terms of gear.. what's that, maybe an upgrade every couple weeks?

3) Again you're putting words in my mouth, I never said I didn't like LFR. If you ask me, the boss fights are too long and repetitive and the ques are ridiculous. But that doesn't mean i don't like raiding in LFR. The issue is the LOOT SYSTEM. Read.

4) Plenty of things to do in my ques? Did i not just list out to you what I would prefer to do while qued? Farms? Pet battles? are you kidding me? I already stated dailies to me are boring without a group and you cant group for dailies IN A QUE. READ. Achievements, old raids by myself? I'm not liking the idea of a sub MMO? Do you even know what an MMO is based around? It's playing with other people, and you can't do that in a que!

Let me make it easy for you and hopefully you read this properly.

I like to do these things in game:
    -Join or make a Sha raid and kill him for a chance at an upgrade. (2 pvp pieces since the start with bonus rolling is NOT acceptable to me, it is frustrating)
    -Run a random heroic to begin the valor points cap for the week to use on a new upgrade or an existing piece of gear to upgrade
    -I don't mind doing a set of dailies in a group and engaging in some PVP with horde.
    -Join a normal mode raid group and down some bosses.
    -Run a few games of arena or rated BG.
    (I like to do the same things on alts, playing a different class with different design/abilities is fun to me)

Now you can't tell me that is the right or wrong way to play the game. It's what I like and what I want to do. Farming and pet battles are not my idea of fun.

Now why don't you tell me exactly how, step by step, I can do those things I listed, without a whole bunch of down time and waiting in ques? Not to mention, the dissapointment of the RNG and low chance at loot from doing them? Go on.. fix the game for me with your wisdom.
    Wow. Where to start? Well, I guess first agreeing that no, I did not read that huge wall you called a post. I skimmed it, as I imagine most people would do. Second, I didn't intend for my post to be taken literally. I was not literally arguing against 2 weeks in LFR, nor was I even intending to imply anyone wanted it to take two weeks. I was trying (and failed, apparently) to argue the idea of wanting quick gear progression. I'm bored at work, and secretly want to get fired, so I guess I can try reading your points:

1. There are multiple methods of gear progression (liking them or not is preference, obviously). There are crafting recipes, there are normal/heroic raids, there is LFR, and there are dailies. I have gotten myself heroic ready with crafting and normal casual raiding. It has taken time, yes, but it was my decision and I stuck it through. Should there be more? I think so. Should they require effort, time, and RNG? Again, I think so. I'm not sure what your proposed change is, though. Either we have it as it is now or we return to the badge farm that Wrath so lovingly held to.

2. I'm not saying that, no. Do I need something to chase? Yes. Currently I am chasing: better gear (obviously), an end to the shieldwall storyline, to beat my challenge mode times, to continually grow my farm (I'm a farmville girl, sue me), and to level up my pets for more battles. I do again play casually, so I don't fit that all into a week, but I mix it up. If gear was dropped entirely, I'd lose one reason to play but would still have others. What I like about MoP is that for me (note: me, not you) I have things I can do and enjoy doing.

In regards to raiding, I'm blessed with being the only RDPS cloth wearer in my 10 man group (well, we have a mage but our stat priorities are like reversed completely ). I usually get a piece a week or two, but I have had my dry spots yes.

3. The LFR comment was more directed to the discussion as a whole, though I aimed it to you as well, yes. From skimming I thought it was implied that LFR was not your cup of tea. My apologies for my mistake. :P

4. You never mentioned pet battles or farming at all. I like them, so I thought you might like them. Lots of people like them. There's no shame in liking them. What's wrong with old raids/gear transmogging? I'm constantly doing old world raids while in queue (LFD). I'm sorry for suggesting that you try something other than dailies, when you tend to loathe them solo so much.

I do lots of things grouped up while in a queue, by the way, because I kind of queue up for LFD/scenarios with friends....maybe you should get more friends? Doing LFR solo, maybe it's you that doesn't understand what an MMO is based around?

I never said anything was the right or wrong way to play, only gave suggestions on what you could try to do to make your queue more enjoyable.

I have done LFR consistently every week since I have hit 90, on top of raiding each week.

I am also one of those few in LFR's who actually try to do their best in there, as it seems like 15 of the people in there are watching TV. Yet somehow manage to have their four pieces.

I have had the same cloak drop - 5 times over, for me. The same rings a couple of times, a pair of boots one, and numerous upon numerous bags of gold and wasted free rolls. And I can personally attest to the fact that I have probably made over 1000 gold doing LFR's.

I find it disgusting that I am sitting with absolutely no tier gear yet, as it never drops in raids for me either. I know, I am just very unlucky which goes along with it but - why am I being punished?

I think that the LFR system should be seriously looked at, and it was suggested by several people on my server - Malganis - that not enough people complain about it which means no one will pay attention.

Well, I am complaining about it. Again.

I think LFR loot should be distributes to those who actually perform. I saw a mage get two piece tier in one night, who had a two piece tier set on already, who did a grand total of 14k dps. Yet the top dps mage, who has no tier gear, does 80k dps and gets nothing, not even with the rolls. HOW IS THAT rewarding to anyone. My TOES LFR last night, there was 11 dps in there who could not even crack 35k. Some of them in four piece. It was amazing that we could even kill any bosses at all. Yet many walked away with loot and I walked away with 8 bags of gold.

It wouldn't be such a bother if tier dropped consistently in raids, and people could just rely on their raids each week to get loot - however, that is not the situation. Most players would agree that they are very dependent on LFR to obtain gear for their raids to go better.

An even larger slap in the face is knowing that level 87's can do the Sha sitting around in Kun Lai and have their four set tier waiting for them at 90.

I know I am complaining and rehashing an old argument, and I appreciate the groaners and trollers out there who will dump on this. But it is frustrating that a system that was broken before, because it was being abused, is now even more so broken.

I think taking away SHA tier loot for anyone under level 90 should be done right now. That is completely unfair. I wasn't able to do this as I levelled to 90 too fast before they made him a fifteen minute spawn. I do him every week for my 28 gold and fifty silver though.

And LFR loot, either go by activity based per boss or make it tokened so if you do 10 LFR's, then you can go get your tier pieces. Knowing Blizzard, they will make it 100 LFR's if they ever did a token based thing, so maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it.

I am seriously jaded by all of this, I am sorry. It is just very unfair.
    Not happy with LFR? Run Normals.

In no way your epeen padding HPS/TPS/DPS numbers is worth anything when YOU ignore 100% of the mechanics.

TLDR: Not happy with LFR? Run Normals. Can't figure out HOW to make friends? Run LFR.

2. I'm not asking for content nerfs and gear hand outs, just a higher drop rate/less RNG loot system and less down time in ques.
    3. Learn to read
    Yeah guys, read his post properly.

He's not asking for nerfs or anything, he just wants queues to be instant (since that is remarkably easy to fix) and more free loot for doing what any idiot on follow could do.

I mean, come on, what's wrong with that?

The situation with LFR loot could be improved a bit if players could trade the loot. If you get something you don't really need, you can exchange with someone else or just give it away, or sell if you are greedy. Anyway, less loot would be wasted and more people would be happy.

The drop rate in the new loot system is exactly the same as the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    The situation with LFR loot could be improved a bit if players could trade the loot. If you get something you don't really need, you can exchange with someone else or just give it away, or sell if you are greedy. Anyway, less loot would be wasted and more people would be happy.
    This just promotes "loot trading", begging for items and more aggravation in general to the whole process.

I can picture it now:

"Trade me that weapon for these bracers I got, I'm beating you on the meter anyway"
    "omg that afk mage just got the trinket but wont trade me even tho its better for my spec and topping meter - we should all vote kick!"
    "hey I know you won that belt but I'm in all greens can you please trade it to me?" x 10

I agree with trading them for disenchant (if that can be coded in) but trading between players is just hazardous in general.

An even larger slap in the face is knowing that level 87's can do the Sha sitting around in Kun Lai and have their four set tier waiting for them at 90.
    I'm trying to work this bit out, I thought Sha offered pvp loot and the legs / gloves only of the tier set? and out of interest, whats stopped you doing it at 87 88 89 as well? Also its not like every single level 87-89 gets a tier piece on their first kill, AND I don't see many levelers of that range, sitting there for weeks collecting their tier pieces before they proceed to 90, lets be realistic here, in that reset gap most people will have hit 90, with a small minority that will have done it the night before the reset (you tried getting a sha group recently on a Tuesday night?) and take into account some might not have the time to level that week, its still a small %

So thats that with the Sha statement,

Next, its RNG just because someones a perfect little snowflake whos doing everything correctly doesn't mean they should be rewarded every single boss. At the same time have you inspected every person that does low dps? should they not win to improve their DPS, fair enough some people slack, afk and troll to those, I say shoot them.

The fact you have had 5 cloaks of the same and couple of rings, yes its a pain in the arse and thats the only viable complaint about LFR there is, you shouldn't get the same loot more than twice in my eyes, but then again some people do have multiple sets with different reforges, and since they obv can't collect 3,4 even 5 sets of gear fully from normal raids, LFR is the answer for them.

And LFR loot, either go by activity based per boss
    This would make LFR completely unfair, its essentially making people go into heroic get every single slot up to 463 and upgrading each item twice, + all reps to max to get the VP items, which would then bypass the need of LFR and throw them straight into normal content, the point of LFR is for people to see the content, not to boost the ego of elitists by gloating their done the highest DPS or the most efficient healing and "I got loot because I'm awesome and your a load of shit" attitude

make it tokened so if you do 10 LFR's then you can go get your tier pieces
    This might work, but the first complaint thats going to come up, Omg its to easy for people to gear, their joining our pug raids their a load of shit, don't know tactics go back to LFR to learn. There are 5 wings open I believe, so in two weeks of this first patch, people have their first tier piece, assuming thunder king raid is being split up into another two wings, thats going to be 7, what do you do then? people get two tier pieces in three weeks? and if so, do they get the newest tier, to which people would complain their getting up to date gear for previous content, or do they keep them separate to which you get people complaining their doing the 10LFRS and not getting their tier piece

It wouldn't be such a bother if tier dropped consistently in raids, and people could just rely on their raids each week to get loot
    Again people complain because people are getting geared to fast to easy, and I'd pretty much bet my cash people would start demanding guaranteed loot drops from 5 mans for their alts, which would be fine but going into the next expansion they would demand the system be there for their mains and leveling

And before you call me up saying Oh I've got tier pieces my characters geared blah blah blah, My main raiding character has the Sha boots, my DPS priest alt has 6 pieces of none tier items, 2 of which are more healing items than DPS, all of which were from last week of November, nothing since and my achievement main character doesn't even qualify for LFR yet because the loot isn't dropping he needs

So yes I'm in the same boat as you with many others if not worse, but I'm not complain about it because its 10 times a better system than the one in LFR, its purely RNG, no trolls rolling on your stuff etc.

People find it so easy to complain about anything and everything in the game, hardly any of us take a minute to sit down and think why blizzard does it the way they do, hell I found flaws in your post and its taken me 10 minutes at 1 am, 24 hours after a 24 hour party, and blizzard sit down for months with game experts deciding what will work, researching and testing different methods, its not like they pull it out of their hat and implement it the next day.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 12:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    This more or less encourages trolling, and to people on the same side server loot selling,

Quote Originally Posted by Sasume View Post

i have done that and heroic mode and i fell your pain during ds i was stuck with the lfr shield on my main r shammy till mop was announced then the hc oh from ultra dropped and i settled for that,

i just wish i could win the sha touched gun on my new main my hunter as i have a weird felling that that weapon will be come the legendary in the last raid why else would blizz give use a legendary gem and a specific type of weapon to put the gem in

Ok, reading through, you seem to be complaining that LFR, which you use to supplement your normal raiding gear when RNG is screwing you in your regular raid, isn't dropping loot. My question is, why is LFR your only complaint? It seems RNG is just screwing you overall, so why all this rage targeted specifically at LFR, when the system as a whole is boning you?

I'll answer it for you: LFR is an easy target. Yes, LFR often has a bunch of people in it that aren't that good. Guess what? It's balanced around that. Maybe, some day, they'll get better. Who knows?

You don't complain about not getting that gear in normal because you are either not actually running normal, or you are running with your guild, so you know it makes you sound ridiculous to whine that others in your guild got gear before you. Guess what? It still sounds ridiculous when you whine about perfect strangers you let the system pick for you getting loot before you. RNG is RNG is RNG, and sometimes it likes you, and sometimes it hates you. Deal with it.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    I am seriously jaded by all of this, I am sorry. It is just very unfair.
    Yes it is and many of us have said as much.
    I have all the gear I want/need, except for the intellect trinket from Elegon and I have given up on getting that one from this week onwards. I lose faith in humanity when I do LFR, sad but true. Me as a single player doing 15-20% of the 25 man raid's dps and still getting rewarded the same as the guy(s) doing 0,001% of the raid's dps. It stings and it burns and I will not take it anymore.. Until next tier, most likely.

Now I only do LFR if I need to learn more about a specific mechanic, which is quite interesting. For instance today I wanted to learn a bit more about the mind control on IVZ (first boss HOF), so I Q'd up and nuked through the first 2 phases and then stopped dps completely on the last platform.
    I got mind controlled and during his cast of mindcontrol I popped my Sacrificial Pact and Unbound Will, I got mindcontrolled and it healed me to full as a result. I learned what I came for and happilly left the raid afterwards (Insane luck to get mindcontrolled on the first go (2x 3/24), he did it twice).

3. Learn to read
    ROFL i am reading your posts and your doing nothing but crying cause you cant just get the gear right way and threatening to quit the game over it. learn to read? ROFL learn to write/type if you feel everyone has you misunderstood. less down time during queues? quit being lazy and go do something there is plenty to do, run scenarios while you wait good amount of profit and jp/vp, daillies all over the place, etc. there is all sorts of content, dont wanna do any of it? thats your problem. blizz cant go and force a gun to all the other players to queue as tank/heals just to make you happy.

I find this pretty damn funny cause I done a lot of LFR back in Cata and my hunter had the worse luck and that is using THAT system. A system in which that people could still AFK and then roll need on anything and then finally got changed into go AFK and then role need on whatever role they were. Then you have the people who roll need with their guilds and friends that can take away pieces you need so that their guildmate or friend can have it. I'll just repeat what everyone else has been saying, RNG is RNG. No system is perfect and what you suggest doesn't make it better. I rather much prefer this system over a system that is a pure activity base. One can still play crappy while being active. This current system is the most unbiased that you can come up with atm and I am fine with that.

If I could do a system it would work like this:
    Go back to the old system they had in Cata, but make loot untradable and worth 0 gold. If you already have the same loot equipped, in your bags or in your bank, you can only roll greed and finally lock roles into place so you can't have anyone switching specs once they log in. Basically you queued as a tank, you have to switch into tank spec within a certain time limit or be booted out once you are in the instance. This is in place for those who do dailies in DPS specs and have a little time to switch specs inside the raid. While this doesn't eliminate the AFKers, "bad" and troll players, it would most likely have less people rolling on items, thus a stronger chance of getting said items.

While I do not entirely agree with the OP, that bag of 28.5g is really annoying when you get it 16 times a week. Make the bag similar to the heroic bonus bag with chances to get pots and flasks and extremely small change for pets and mounts. In that case, even if you don't get loots, you still have a chance at something useful

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    The drop rate in the new loot system is exactly the same as the old one.
    Compared how? Straight drop rate (items) per raid member, or "effective" drop rate taking account how some peoples would pass loot so chances of someone else getting gear upgrade was lot bigger? I have personally gotten half dozen useless items from LFR runs, with old system those items would have gone to someone else as upgrade. If current LFR drop rate is not taking account this, its big nerf compared to old system. But then Blizzard is not stupid, they know this math. As there is so many bosses available now they have surely nerfed per boss drop rate compared to DS.

It's RANDOM

Sometimes you get unlucky. Suck it up.