Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm just waiting to be rewarded for what I do in LFR.

Blizzard should want to encourage good players. They need to put incentives into LFR to promote better players.
    I can't stand it when the raid fucking slacks or is just shit. Get it done. Get it done right. Get it done quick. It might only be LFR but it's only boring if you make it boring.

Problem with the community. The majority. Nothing in particular because there are many things. Just, the majority.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Cata LFR had a far bigger chance for loot. When you needed something you just rolled on anything you could, then when your item drops you then traded one of your won items for it.
    Full tier set took only 2-4 weeks that way.
    So as a dps I should be ok with somebody looting stuff I really need on the off chance I loot something he really needs. Logic seems pretty flawed to me. MoP version is way more fair in almost every way. And 4 weeks for a full set makes the pre-bc/bc me grin humorously.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerlynne View Post
    And this is the reason LFR will go down hill, players being selfish and/or stupid. The system doesn't REWARD anything, RNG is RNG.
    It does in fact reward the least effort when you really sit down and think about it.

If you really want to sit down and min/max it:

If the gains are RNG, but the workload needed to put in by an individual are irrelevant (note: an individual). The min/max situation devolves into an individual doing nothing and still being rewarded for it.

To be honest, I hope it does go downhill and a new system is created wherein player activity / responsibility is factored into loot gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Cata LFR had a far bigger chance for loot. When you needed something you just rolled on anything you could, then when your item drops you then traded one of your won items for it.
    Full tier set took only 2-4 weeks that way.
    And this is exactly why the loot system was changed to be like this. Raiding is not about ME ME ME ME ME - ninja's like you is exactly the reason Blizzard saw it fit to change the loot system.

And frankly, I'm happy. I was tired of, when I FINALLY won an item in LFR in Cata (which was never, because of people like you, and I wouldn't lower myself to your standards), to get tons upon tons of whispers complaining, begging, crying, whatever else. I was tired of the flames in raidchat, I was tired of it all. LFR is still an incredibly annoying endeavour, but at least it's a less annoying endeavour with the new looting system.

Even if I don't win anything at all, which happens to be the case on my alts. At least nobody's being a jackass beyond the usual banter anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by sahtila View Post
    Compared how? Straight drop rate (items) per raid member, or "effective" drop rate taking account how some peoples would pass loot so chances of someone else getting gear upgrade was lot bigger? I have personally gotten half dozen useless items from LFR runs, with old system those items would have gone to someone else as upgrade. If current LFR drop rate is not taking account this, its big nerf compared to old system. But then Blizzard is not stupid, they know this math. As there is so many bosses available now they have surely nerfed per boss drop rate compared to DS.
    your logic is flawed due to you going offf only what YOU have done, truth is the majority of players were dicks would need on items they didnt need and/or already had they would wait for their gear to drop and trade it off, IF their gear didnt drop than they would just DE/vendor, another large group didnt even need to trade they just took it to de/vendor just for the bit of gold/shard and to watch others rage. they did the math on the average loot players were getting if you were one of the ones that always got their gear in DS, grats , not everyone was as lucky.

Deleted
    LFR should have never dropped gear.But Blizzard used it as a cheap way to introduce repeatable content.
    Now you're forced to do this filthy boring pseudo-raiding to progress your character.
    Cause that's what it is after doing it a few times if not once...though I don't let gear force me to do trash content,dailies and lfr can gtfo.I pity hardcore raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    LFR should have never dropped gear.But Blizzard used it as a cheap way to introduce repeatable content.
    Now you're forced to do this filthy boring pseudo-raiding to progress your character.
    Cause that's what it is after doing it a few times if not once...though I don't let gear force me to do trash content,dailies and lfr can gtfo.I pity hardcore raiders.
    LFR loot -can- provide an advantage in terms of loot progression, but it isn't guaranteed; Valor gear is superior in item level. Ergo "forced" as in "mandatory" is not true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why these people, who are so interested in getting gear, don't just do normal raids as opposed to relying on lfr to try to gear their toons. I've played throughout this whole expansion, raiding pretty much as soon as the raids were unlocked, and before lfr was available. currently 496 ilvl, with only 1 LFR piece among my gear. If you are so interested in gear and are willing to put the time into running all of the lfr's weekly, then just find or form a normal mode raid group and do your dailies to unlock valor gear. LFR might potentially expedite the process but it is by no means a necessary medium to allow at least normal mode progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerwen View Post
    I don't understand why these people, who are so interested in getting gear, don't just do normal raids as opposed to relying on lfr to try to gear their toons. I've played throughout this whole expansion, raiding pretty much as soon as the raids were unlocked, and before lfr was available. currently 496 ilvl, with only 1 LFR piece among my gear. If you are so interested in gear and are willing to put the time into running all of the lfr's weekly, then just find or form a normal mode raid group and do your dailies to unlock valor gear. LFR might potentially expedite the process but it is by no means a necessary medium to allow at least normal mode progression.
    some people don't have time or a consistent schedule to devote time to an actual raid guild. i only have a couple hours a day to play and some times its morning sometimes at night and 1/5 the time in the middle of the day but who's guess which one it'll be on which days is any-ones guess, it makes it very hard to find/join a guild in those cases. or a pug raid group. i don't see why people complain others are gearing from LFR, if that's the highest of content they can go whats the issue, that logic of well if you aren't progressing why need loot works both ways, you cant go higher than heroic raiding why should heroic raids drop heroic gear?

It's RNG. WoW's loot system is RNG. It has nothing to do with LFR, it has always been like this.

I ran ICC almost every week back in Wrath and never got my boots from Marrowgar 25. In normal OR heroic. Not to mention that damn trinket from Saurfang.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviledna View Post
    An even larger slap in the face is knowing that level 87's can do the Sha sitting around in Kun Lai and have their four set tier waiting for them at 90.
    You know what the odds of that happening are? Even if you broke the spacetime continuum and got one piece of tier every Sha reset, it would still take you 4 weeks absolute bare minimum, and it takes what, a few days to get 87-90? Ridiculous comment.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 02:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Haha. Hardcore raiders blitz LFR in the first week or two and never have to go back again. Unless they want to... because it's fun. If you raid seriously you have at least NM gear (superior to LFR) and VP gear (superior to LFR). Back in DS I replaced exactly 2 pieces out of my HM FL gear and that was it.

Nobody is forcing you to do it. If you raid you don't need the gear because you have better and if you don't raid (and hate LFR apparently) you don't need the gear because what the hell do you even want gear for if not to use it? The game is fine, your attitude and sense of perspective is the problem.

And LFR drops loot so that people who enjoy LFR get the fun of upgrading their gear, a major part of the fun of WoW.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-01-04 at 02:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerwen View Post
    I hate "this" posts, but this.
    I take it even a step further and don't do dailies. I don't do dailies, and don't do LFR. I do it the old fashioned way, I raid, I get drops, I gear up. LFR and dailies are only required (even though "required" is still debatable; I prefer the word "encouraged") if you are in a hardcore progression guild. The raids were not tuned for LFR gear. MSV was tuned for heroic dungeon gear, HoF was tuned for MSV gear, TOS for HoF gear. The first guilds to down MSV didn't need any LFR gear to do it...they couldn't even get it.

People don't seem to grasp that it only feels worse than it was because now you actually get to roll every boss, rather than only every so often as drops permitted. I fail to see how the new system is any worse. Nobody can unjustly take loot that should have been yours. Your weapon won't finally drop and get needed on by the tank. It just feels like the system is screwing you because now you can roll on each boss, and you get a bag rather than nothing. Would you rather have nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sporky0 View Post
    I'm just waiting to be rewarded for what I do in LFR.

Blizzard should want to encourage good players. They need to put incentives into LFR to promote better players.
    I can't stand it when the raid fucking slacks or is just shit. Get it done. Get it done right. Get it done quick. It might only be LFR but it's only boring if you make it boring.

Problem with the community. The majority. Nothing in particular because there are many things. Just, the majority.
    You ARE being rewarded for what you do in LFR. When you don't win an item, you get gold. Maybe it's not the reward you wanted, but you can't argue that it's not a reward. Blizzard is not interested in using LFR to reward "good players" since that is not it's intention. Why would Blizzard care if there are more "better" people in LFR. If you are so "good" then you can clearly do normal or heroic mode raids, both of which reward you with higher ilevel gear, so it sounds like maybe you should no longer be wasting your time in LFR.

Problem with the community is (people like) you.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

I have some serious problems with the LFR system as it is.

Do you guys even realise that it is possible for me to raid LFR for an entire week without seeing loot?

And then if I'm really unlucky, I could go without loot for even longer than that?!

That would never happen in normal mode raids.

And what's worse is that people aren't rewarded by the amount of effort they are doing. Instead of loot going to the best dps, the best tank or the best heals it is just split evenly with an equal chance for everyone who participates.

That's nothing like normal raiding.

And the worst thing of all is that sometimes I get LFR drops which I already have. I've never been in a normal mode raid where something dropped that I already had, or that nobody in the raid could use. That would be ridiculous.

I mean, it's almost as if Blizzard has designed LFR intentionally not to give each player a 100% chance at getting an upgrade every time you run it.

Sounds completely different to normal raiding if you ask me.
    Last edited by Kanadei; 2013-01-11 at 02:16 AM.

best advice is to not try in lfr.. as lazy as that seems.. atleast you will feel justified about not winning any loot in lfr. most of the times ill go on healing pally and heal twice.. afk.. heal again.. afk.. then when i come back ive won the trinket off tsulong.. the tier helm off sha, a chestpiece off vizier, and gloves off garalon, oh and a mace off will of the emp.

until blizz decides to reward loot based on activity.. trying in lfr is pointless. unless your raid is on the verge of wiping.. then trying is acceptable. the cata system was much better if u had friends and guildies to support u or themselves. i remember fondly running with a guild and we'd end up with 8-10 tokens after breaking the charts on every boss.

@hineko. id rather enjoy a system where u could see what dropped and decide to roll for it or not. that makes more sense. im tired of spending my elder coin to win boots that i already have.. or a cape worse than what i have. its unfortunate when u dont win stuff. but believe me... its better to see what dropped then to just hope your coin gets you something worthwhile.
    Last edited by announced; 2013-01-11 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    I have some serious problems with the LFR system as it is.

Do you guys even realise that it is possible for me to raid LFR for an entire week without seeing loot?

And then if I'm really unlucky, I could go without loot for even longer than that?!

That would never happen in normal mode raids.

And what's worse is that people aren't rewarded by the amount of effort they are doing. Instead of loot going to the best dps, the best tank or the best heals it is just split evenly with an equal chance for everyone who participates.

That's nothing like normal raiding.

And the worst thing of all is that sometimes I get LFR drops which I already have. I've never been in a normal mode raid where something dropped that I already had, or that nobody in the raid could use. That would be ridiculous.

I mean, it's almost as if Blizzard has designed LFR intentionally not to give each player a 100% chance at getting an upgrade every time you run it.

Sounds completely different to normal raiding if you ask me.
    I was so taking you seriously at first. Hats off to you!
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

I was hoping this point wasn't really emphasized, but Luciferuz nailed it on the head.

To -everyone- griping about LFR loot chance, I ask you this simple question: What makes you deserve loot more than people who raid N/HM?

Contrary to popular belief, regular raiding isn't like diving headfirst into a pool of loot. I've had my fair share of strings of WEEKS without recieving one piece of loot. I met a friend on Area 52. A fellow Protection Warrior. He's currently doing like 6/16 HMs with a Sutiru's Brazen Bulwark because Spirit Kings hasn't dropped his shield. Not once. My main is a Protection Warrior, 490 geared, with his non-lfr 4 piece, and rocking 463 Heroic mode (471 now!) Bracers because Feng and Protectors have not put out, and just like most of you LFR runners, I really dont want to do dailies.

What makes you guys entitled to more loot? I'd say it's pretty spot on as far as drop rates in comparison to normal raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    You ARE being rewarded for what you do in LFR. When you don't win an item, you get gold. Maybe it's not the reward you wanted, but you can't argue that it's not a reward. Blizzard is not interested in using LFR to reward "good players" since that is not it's intention. Why would Blizzard care if there are more "better" people in LFR. If you are so "good" then you can clearly do normal or heroic mode raids, both of which reward you with higher ilevel gear, so it sounds like maybe you should no longer be wasting your time in LFR.

Problem with the community is (people like) you.
    its not good player v bad player its player participating v afker thats the problem

those are afking are receiving loot while those that are actually trying to kill the boss faster are receiving gold that's whats wrong with the system
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-01-11 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post

Oh..ok..I was gonna answer properly to your concerns but you immediately dismiss ANY response that goes against your "argument" as dumping by Groaners and Trollers.

If you are concerned about loot based on performance and about performance, performance PERFORMANCE, then why are you in LFRaid and not in normal or hardmodes? THAT is a legitamte concern in my book.
    maybe he has done normal and is using lfr to fill missing slots like tokens and weapons

i only do lfr on my main for the shoulder token for my 4 peice and my sha touched weapon and half my weekly vp cap for the test of valor quest

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviledna View Post
    An even larger slap in the face is knowing that level 87's can do the Sha sitting around in Kun Lai and have their four set tier waiting for them at 90.
    Hmm pretty sure they can only obtain 2 peices being the gloves / legs

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Anger-Pandaria

Yep only 2 peices of tier... if you are damn lucky (or take forever to level) Granted a lot of PVP loot drops but it mainly seems to be off peices like wrists / jewelery and hands / feet