Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Something -GOOD- happened

I know. It's so rare that a post commenting about something good that happened. So good, in fact, that I have to share.

I was on my 86 ele shammy. Que'd up for LFD and popped right into Jade Temple. After the first pull I noticed the priest tossing out Penance "Oh, cool a disc dps" I thought. Well, I noticed that I am doing 0 healing. I mean 0 active healing (ES was ticking, sure) but I wasn't casting anything. I flipped over to ele, and along with the competent tank and monk, we managed to do all of Jade Temple with 0 "dedicated" healers. We just all passively healed and /cleansed. We then went onto Stormsnout Brewery where the same thing happened. It was AMAZING!

I realize these are just normal dungeons and that they can be finished by breathing, but it's not just about the ease of the dungeons but that 5 complete strangers ACTUALLY worked together and we finished both dungeons quicker than had we ran with a normal 1-1-3 set up.

Anyone else have any good stories about complete strangers ACTUALLY working together and ACTUALLY having fun?
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    I hate to break it to you but disc is a healing spec.

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    I know. It's so rare that a post commenting about something good that happened. So good, in fact, that I have to share.

I was on my 86 ele shammy. Que'd up for LFD and popped right into Jade Temple. After the first pull I noticed the priest tossing out Penance "Oh, cool a disc dps" I thought. Well, I noticed that I am doing 0 healing. I mean 0 active healing (ES was ticking, sure) but I wasn't casting anything. I flipped over to ele, and along with the competent tank and monk, we managed to do all of Jade Temple with 0 "dedicated" healers. We just all passively healed and /cleansed. We then went onto Stormsnout Brewery where the same thing happened. It was AMAZING!

I realize these are just normal dungeons and that they can be finished by breathing, but it's not just about the ease of the dungeons but that 5 complete strangers ACTUALLY worked together and we finished both dungeons quicker than had we ran with a normal 1-1-3 set up.

Anyone else have any good stories about complete strangers ACTUALLY working together and ACTUALLY having fun?
    Haven't played WoW in a while but I'd say that 99.5% of my LFD runs were fantastic. The claims of ninjas and trolls and underskilled players in LFD has always been highly exaggerated when compared to my personal experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    He doesn't need a source to know that he pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.” - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    This. Just because they can atonement heal the whole time doesn't mean they're not a dedicated healer.

The disc in my guild often tops both DPS and healing in LFR when not grouped with other geared people.

I solo'd a level 70 dungeon once. I can't believe I was able to solo content designed originally for 25 people all by myself! It's amazing how awesome this game can be when you're able to control everything all on your own!

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I solo'd a level 70 dungeon once. I can't believe I was able to solo content designed originally for 25 people all by myself! It's amazing how awesome this game can be when you're able to control everything all on your own!
    Was this meant to invite a "CSB." reply?
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Before the Seal of Insight nerf for Prot Paladins, the healers in my LFD group decided to switch to their DPS spec on their own because they didn't have to heal anything.
    I know that feel.

I was doing normal mode raid content in cata literally only casting smite for atonement heals, so you most certainly had a healer. Not to mention, people are doing (and have been since release) MoP heroics with no healers - they're THAT easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    Haven't played WoW in a while but I'd say that 99.5% of my LFD runs were fantastic. The claims of ninjas and trolls and underskilled players in LFD has always been highly exaggerated when compared to my personal experience.
    That is until you have Tolakesh, Horn of the Black Ox http://www.wowhead.com/item=87547/to...f-the-black-ox ninjaed by the Main Tank (Warrior) when you are on your Rogue.

Then you start to take the reports on ninjas in random heroic dungeons quite seriously.

Inb4 "WARRIORS NEED DPS DAGGERS MORE THAN ROGUES DO" and "ARMS WARRIORS DPS WITH DAGGERS"
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Not to mention, people are doing (and have been since release) MoP heroics with no healers - they're THAT easy.
    I did most of them without any healer or dps. They are THAT easy.
    (Actually, some achievements are actually easier to solo.)

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 10:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Inb4 "WARRIORS NEED DPS DAGGERS MORE THAN ROGUES DO" and "ARMS WARRIORS DPS WITH DAGGERS"
    I'm not saying that it wasn't a ninja or anything.
    But I'm stuck with 463 weapons for aoens (Elegon/Un'sok/Sha don't want to give my any weapon neither in LFR nor in NM and even with an extra roll on each of them each week) so if this weapon ever drop'd, I could roll on it. It's definitely an upgrade for me.

Though, I run a Brewery each day to loot a Carbuncle. I even tag in dps not to be accused of ninja if I tag'd as tank. Drop for the first time yesterday, got ninja'd by the tank...
    So, I know your feelling, bro.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 10:25 AM ----------

I wouldn't say "fantastic", I often meet three nice people and one moron, but as long as he is not too painful, it's ok.
    But yeah, I have ran more "very pleasant dungeons" than "omg, he's such a jerk, he ninja my loot and die in every single aoe - dungeon". I like to run some lfd once in a while, it helps enlarging my list of contacts in the game.
    Last edited by Senen; 2013-01-03 at 10:20 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Once I've got a shadow priest queued up as healer for the Headless Horseman. He used a few renews just to be sure, but I didn't need heals anyway (DK tank).
    I think normal modes and most of the pulls/bosses in mop heroics don't need a dedicated healer if the tank is a DK. I've soloed the brewery at lvl 87 in unenchanted quest greens. Also went up to the last boss solo in Brewery HC at ilvl 460...

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 11:31 AM ----------

Haven't met really horrible ones in MoP yet, but that is because the content is dead easy. There is no friction created by carrying idiots.
    Okay, the worst ones were some idiots who went on their own route and pulled mobs while the rest were clearing as normal. They still could not fuck up the run.
    Last edited by Zka; 2013-01-03 at 10:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    That is until you have Tolakesh, Horn of the Black Ox http://www.wowhead.com/item=87547/to...f-the-black-ox ninjaed by the Main Tank (Warrior) when you are on your Rogue.

Then you start to take the reports on ninjas in random heroic dungeons quite seriously.

You sure a str class can need that?

PD: I too am healing from 85 to 90 with smite, holy fire and spirit shell (the latter just because it's rather fun to ignore every mechanic of the dungeons with it). So I will reach 90 without having to clue of how to heal with a disc in MoP, just to use two buttons and DPS. That's dungeon leveling experience for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    You sure a str class can need that?

PD: I too am healing from 85 to 90 with smite, holy fire and spirit shell (the latter just because it's rather fun to ignore every mechanic of the dungeons with it). So I will reach 90 without having to clue of how to heal with a disc in MoP, just to use two buttons and DPS. That's dungeon leveling experience for you.

Don't worry, you just add 3 spells when you hit 90 :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    In this context it actually is. Have you ran a 5 man with a pre-90 Disc, or a full BiS 90 Disc? The DPS is insane.

15+ Year Old Account
    Our disc was doing 120-130k dps on openers lastnight for like the first minute. It's pretty cute.

Thats so nice when you can enjoy the little things=)
    I actually haven't seen any decent group in lfd for a long time. Tank don't know what to pull, where to pull, how to use territory advantages. Healers go oom doing nothing (it doesn't bothers me really), and dps naturally can't compete with my holy priest in lfr gear (depends on how much i have to heal the glass tank, though, but i'm never the last).

Being a blood dk i dont even have to wait for afk healers to complete dungeons. The damage is so piss poor that you dont even need a healer in the heroic dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been healing heroics as elemental (and 9/10 times topping DPS) since a couple weeks after MoP release, and still do so to avoid long queues.

More often than not, it goes smoothly, and i get a good reception from the group. Sometimes bosses need to be approached "differently" usually due to lack of dispels, but overall, it's a LOT more fun to clear a dungeon in 10mins or less, due to having 5 players putting out damage.

And i am by no means a "high-end" player or even close to BiS-geared.

Even on alts, i often see healers changing roles, if they're confident in the group.
    It's always nice to see players playing "differently" and doing it well!

Time to level a shockadin...
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

I recently did something similar with a group in LFD on my then 86 DK. My guy is pretty tweaked out [i was tanking] and so was the healer so we were chain pulling all trash before a boss and the boss at the same time. We ran about 6 dungeons in an hour. It's great to have some players who like to go all out. The last two dungeons we had a new dps come in, he was like wtf is going on at first but then got in the groove and enjoyed it too!

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I think some of you guys missed the point of this post.

I am very well aware of the fact that Disc is a healing spec. You don't need to point that out. I knew she was disc, and instead of getting all defensive and engage troll mode and possibly make the dungeon worse - I went with it, and because of it both dungeons ran very smoothly and very quickly. Heck, I just got done in another Stormsnout Brewery run. The time it took for us to do that ONE dungeon, I did both previous in the same amount of time with the other group.

So, again, I ask you... what good things have happened in groups you've been in?
    Last edited by theredviola; 2013-01-03 at 06:40 PM.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven