Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    I would love to do a poll on this but sadly there are two threads already on future races. We need a Moderator to add a Poll to this tread.

This would be the list I would use.

Ogres
    Ethereals
    High Elves
    Dragonkin
    Jinyu
    Naga
    Bird man
    Insectiod Race
    4 Legged Race (Centaurs, Keepers)
    Sporeloks
    New Beastman (Gnoll, Furblog ect)

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Actually you're wrong here. Coilfang Reservoir, one of the dungeons, can't remember which, the one where you go for Ahune during summer. There's a naga imprisoned there who talks about his master... Neptulon. Neptulon was the enemy of the naga and captured to use his power. But maybe this 1 naga wasn't alone.

Furthermore, even lady Vashj and her ilk. They were no longer under queen Azshara. They left her to join Illidan in search of other power because lady Vashj wanted power too. This is why during the battlemaiden quests in Vashj'ir, it is stated at the statue of Lady Vashj that she was a disgrace. Because she left Azshara.
    the naga used to worship neptulon. if you go and do a quest to save murloc babies in blasted lands the murlocs say "the naga used to worship our master along with us now they turn against us and enslave our children" you find out he was talking about neptulon. wouldnt be much of a stretch to assume some naga didnt switch religions
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I would play the Mantid with pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by muwatallis View Post
    I would play the Mantid with pleasure.
    i would also love to play as one of the members of the tribe of zoraks ^-^

they could maybe become neutral when they realize we can fight against old gods and it isnt a "ruled or be killed" situation
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Actually you're wrong here. Coilfang Reservoir, one of the dungeons, can't remember which, the one where you go for Ahune during summer. There's a naga imprisoned there who talks about his master... Neptulon. Neptulon was the enemy of the naga and captured to use his power. But maybe this 1 naga wasn't alone.

Furthermore, even lady Vashj and her ilk. They were no longer under queen Azshara. They left her to join Illidan in search of other power because lady Vashj wanted power too. This is why during the battlemaiden quests in Vashj'ir, it is stated at the statue of Lady Vashj that she was a disgrace. Because she left Azshara.
    Fair points, though they still lend credence to my point... these naga who left Azshara share something: a desire to follow a single concentrated power. The Alliance and Horde are powerful, but instead of going to join them, they join Illidan, the most powerful demon hunter in the world, and Neptulon, an Elemental Lord. They all seem to share a similar pattern... they follow one person. Not a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    eh id say its the reverse of that. draenei were literally poofed out of air. the broken couldve been a cool race all on their own and there was no reason for their to be a good version of eredar there was also no reason to change sargeras backstory. the eredar were originally the most evil race in the universe who managed to corrupt a titan they were replaced with "the nathrezim were evil but werent cool enough to lead armies".

the naga in my opinion would make for an awesome story it would give us a more personal take on the old gods in that storyline, maybe show some secrets with the burning legion, could lead to the tomb of sargeras and us fighting a reborn avatar. we could get snap dragon mounts since thats what nagas use as mounts.

it would in a way be a whole race of creatures that think and act like death knights but dont lose relevance after one expansion
    And you now know why I'd like them if they joined, but that's not stopping me from realizing that it would just be... off, to have them added as a playable race. There's just so much lore stacked against them. Even if they proved to be nice, it just wouldn't blow over well with either group. Even then, you can still have half of those things without making naga allies. Bring in demon hunters, for example. They're also a stretch, but we know that demon hunters DO look out for the betterment of the Alliance and Horde... they're simply antisocial and society doesn't want them, similar to warlocks. They'd have a better time of coming into the factions via the whole Death Knight thing than naga.

Horde: Ogre and Hozen
    Alliance: Furbolg and Jinyu
    From a logical prospective those are the absolute only races left.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    If you could logically add another new race for players to be, what would it be? I ask this cause I have played through the addition of 5 new races to wow and out of them only those added in BC have ever made the most sense in terms of their introduction and following the expansions over all theme. Worgen and Goblins felt like they where added becuse a new race was expected and pandaren to a lesser extent feel the same way as well in terms of use being able to play as decendents of pandarien who left pandaria centuries ago.

So do you think any current race that exists in the umbrella of Wow lore could be added in a way that fits logically?
    Klaxxi.

Why? Because they're mantids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by punksandskins View Post
    Horde: Ogre and Hozen
    Alliance: Furbolg and Jinyu
    From a logical prospective those are the absolute only races left.
    Logical, not really.

of the bipedal humanoid races that fit current lore

Ogres
    Ethereals
    High Elves
    *Dragonkin
    Jinyu
    Sporeloks
    Furbolg
    Hozen
    Gnolls
    Tuskarr
    Kobolds
    *Mo'arg
    Quilboar
    *Satyr

*doesn't count as humanoid at this time but the forsaken use to be undead.

See:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Future_race_ideas

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Fair points, though they still lend credence to my point... these naga who left Azshara share something: a desire to follow a single concentrated power. The Alliance and Horde are powerful, but instead of going to join them, they join Illidan, the most powerful demon hunter in the world, and Neptulon, an Elemental Lord. They all seem to share a similar pattern... they follow one person. Not a group.

And you now know why I'd like them if they joined, but that's not stopping me from realizing that it would just be... off, to have them added as a playable race. There's just so much lore stacked against them. Even if they proved to be nice, it just wouldn't blow over well with either group. Even then, you can still have half of those things without making naga allies. Bring in demon hunters, for example. They're also a stretch, but we know that demon hunters DO look out for the betterment of the Alliance and Horde... they're simply antisocial and society doesn't want them, similar to warlocks. They'd have a better time of coming into the factions via the whole Death Knight thing than naga.
    oh i am all with you on the demon hunter thing if theirs one thing ive wanted in wow since forever its demon hunters.

seriously my top things have always been pandaren, and demon hunters i dont care if the expansion they add them in is medan and the super friends i want me some demon hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Logical, not really.

Ogres
    Ethereals
    High Elves
    *Dragonkin
    Jinyu
    Sporeloks
    Furbolg
    Hozen
    Gnolls
    Tuskarr
    Kobolds
    *Mo'arg
    Quilboar
    *Satyr

See:
    Just a friendly word of advice, from a fellow lore nerd, use wowpedia.org from now on. Wowwiki's got a shitton more ads and the people who really worked hard on it moved over to wowpedia.

oh i am all with you on the demon hunter thing if theirs one thing ive wanted in wow since forever its demon hunters.

seriously my top things have always been pandaren, and demon hunters i dont care if the expansion they add them in is medan and the super friends i want me some demon hunters
    As a roleplayer, I feel kinda icky saying what I did. People who roleplay as demon hunters are very much frowned upon because of the reasons I've stated... they're social pariahs. They're not even allowed to stay in a town overnight. At most, they're allowed to get some supplies, then leave. It would take a lot for them to be accepted enough for them to be a playable class, but I feel it's more plausible than naga.

Logical, not really.

Ogres
    Ethereals
    High Elves
    *Dragonkin
    Jinyu
    Sporeloks
    Furbolg
    Hozen
    Gnolls
    Tuskarr
    Kobolds
    *Mo'arg
    Quilboar
    *Satyr

See:
    First off that link was made by some random fan. Second, Im fairly certain Blizz said theyd never give us 4 legged races and Naga. Third, at this point, High Elves would fit under Sub-Race and/or new "skins". Finally, most of the races, except for the 4 I listed earlier are illogical. Why? Cause the 4 I listed are already affiliated with the Horde and Alliance, and all the other races really have nothing in common nor want anything to do with the Horde and Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Just a friendly word of advice, from a fellow lore nerd, use wowpedia.org from now on. Wowwiki's got a shitton more adds and the people who really worked hard on it moved over to wowpedia.

As a roleplayer, I feel kinda icky saying what I did. People who roleplay as demon hunters are very much frowned upon because of the reasons I've stated... they're social pariahs. They're not even allowed to stay in a town overnight. At most, they're allowed to get some supplies, then leave. It would take a lot for them to be accepted enough for them to be a playable class, but I feel it's more plausible than naga.
    i would accept all the retcons in the world for demon hunters. samurai warriors with demonic powers and warglaives? sure make the titans arrakoa and the naaru baby murlocs who mutated when they came in contact with elune who is actually a raptor from another dimension just gimmie demon hunters O-O

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 02:39 PM ----------

First off that link was made by some random fan. Second, Im fairly certain Blizz said theyd never give us 4 legged races and Naga. Third, at this point, High Elves would fit under Sub-Race and/or new "skins". Finally, most of the races, except for the 4 I listed earlier are illogical. Why? Cause the 4 I listed are already affiliated with the Horde and Alliance, and all the other races really have nothing in common nor want anything to do with the Horde and Alliance.
    i dont think you know he lore for most races O-O also id like to add arrakoa for alliance

i dont think you know he lore for most races O-O also id like to add arrakoa for alliance
    I dont? Elaborate please.

I dont? Elaborate please.
    most of those races except the less intelligent and demonic ones make perfect sense as playable race for either a specific faction or neutral.

saying jinyu hozen furbolg and ogres are the only races that make any sense is pretty ignorant of alot of those races lore

10+ Year Old Account
    The page I listed was a wiki, but it has a lot of good arguments in it. I agree with you about the leg issues, which is why I have a keyboard impression in my forehead from the facedesking too hard after reading the pro-naga fan boy posts.

The Races you listed however are not as logical as you would think.

Ogre are too big and intellectually challenged to be PCs, although 1/2 Ogres like Rexxar could work.
    Furbolg are too primitive to be of much use.

Hozen & Jinyu are new races, and don't fit in well with the bigger picture.

The logical train of thought is Blizzard will make another Neutral race, which will get the next player class (my money is on a Mail melee class) but not Monk or DK. This race will have strong ties to the lore of the next expansion and will be something most players would want to play. I don't see much on your logical list that would fit this bill.

But since most think we will be revisiting outland in the next expansion, I feel confidant that Malfurion Stormrage is going to /rez his brother /cleanse him of the demon taint causing Black temple to no longer exist as a raid, but instead become the start zone for the Demon hunter hero class, the race that will start neutral and get to choose alliance or horde will be something found in outland but is closely tied to player characters.

This brings up a short list of races:

Arakkoa
    Ethereals
    Ogres
    Sporeloks
    Broken/lost Dreanei
    Netherdrake/Dragonoids
    Naga

----

Remember Humaniod bipedal of average intelligence must be able to wear all gear, must have male and female. Must have a reason to fight.
    Last edited by Gothicshark; 2013-01-04 at 08:01 PM.

most of those races except the less intelligent and demonic ones make perfect sense as playable race for either a specific faction or neutral.

saying jinyu hozen furbolg and ogres are the only races that make any sense is pretty ignorant of alot of those races lore
    My understanding of the thread was which races would be most logical at this point. Not what races could you make up lore for so they could join the Alliance or Horde. Ogre, Hozen, Furbolg, and Jinyu all already have tribes and/or factions in the Horde or Alliance, deeming them most logical. Whereas adding Ethereal, Arrokoa, ect. for the sake of liking their race isnt.
    @Gothicshark Im pretty sure how primitive or intellectually challenged a race is wouldnt make a difference in choosing the next race(s). On the topic of Outlands both the Ogres and Furobolgs have a score to settle with demons
    Last edited by punksandskins; 2013-01-04 at 08:00 PM.

The page I listed was a wiki, but it has a lot of good arguments in it. I agree with you about the leg issues, which is why I have a keyboard impression in my forehead from the facedesking too hard after reading the pro-naga fan boy posts.

The Races you listed however are not as logical as you would think.

Ogre are too big and intellectually challenged to be PCs, although 1/2 Ogres like Rexxar could work.
    Furbolg are too primitive to be of much use.

Hozen & Jinyu are new races, and don't fit in well with the bigger picture.

The logical train of thought is Blizzard will make another Neutral race, which will get the next player class (my money is on a Mail melee class) but not Monk or DK. This race will have strong ties to the lore of the next expansion and will be something most players would want to play. I don't see much on your logical list that would fit this bill.

But since most think we will be revisiting outland in the next expansion, I feel confidant that Malfurion Stormrage is going to /rez his brother /cleanse him of the demon taint causing Black temple to no longer exist as a raid, but instead become the start zone for the Demon hunter hero class, the race that will start neutral and get to choose alliance or horde will be something found in outland but is closely tied to player characters.

This brings up a short list of races:

Arakkoa
    Ethereals
    Ogres
    Sporeloks
    Broken/lost Dreanei
    Netherdrake/Dragonoids
    Naga

----

Remember Humaniod bipedal of average intelligence must be able to wear all gear, must have male and female. Must have a reason to fight.
    were definitely not going back to outland (maybe using one of the portals there but thats about it) and most people dont think we are. most people do think we will be fighting the burning legion though

Deleted
    Logical, not really.

*list*

Ethereals maybe as a neutral race, but even then, it would be a problematic to "strap" armor on them, since in the end you'll get a floating suit of armor with a glowing head. High Elves are already a part of alliance since cata, chances of being made in to separate race are very slim. Jinyu and Hozen do make since, but Hozen would be a problem, considering that their "speaking skills" are below even thous of trolls. Sporeloks, Quilboar and Gnolls are a bit too wild, not to mention Sporeloks will have similar problem as Ethereals. Kobolds are in the same place as Murlocks, too famous and too silly to be added as a race. Mo'arg and Satyr are full out demonic reshaped races, there's no way they would go against Burning Legion, unless they wanna make a race that has identical story to either Forsaken or Draenei. And Satyr are ex Highborne, story just too similar, I very much doubt they'll have a good reception from players.

That leaves Ogres, Tuskarr, Dragonkin and Furbolgs. Tuskarr are a good option, but they were pretty much ignored ever since release of wotlk, will just be awkward to bring them in out of the blue. Ogres and Furbolgs both have some lore reasons to join up, but have similar problems as Gnolls and such, especially considering the reasons and conditions under which they allied themselves with "major" races before - Ogres were pretty much forced to join the old Horde, and no one liked them, they were only tolerated cause of war. Forbolgs only joined nelfs after some persuasion from a demigod and only cause they needed any help they could get to deal with Burning Legion. It goes without saying they were not really liked as well.

Dragonkin? Well, it's a maybe. Especially after the events in the DS raid, since they are no longer guardians per say, I would not be surprised to see some of the younger folk seek out their destiny among mortals. The problem here is which model do they go with? A normal drake? Unlikely, too much of a beast, will not fit in to mounts and stuff. A Dragonspawn? Also hard to fit, considering 4 legs, but at least you can add armor. Drakonid? This has potential, but will have to be kinda massive, way bigger then Tauren are. Or even a Dragonman? Not a dragon originally, very few examples in the game, unlikely.

Or maybe a mortal form, like Krasus was forced to take in the trilogy? You choose your aspect, which will determine your "mortal race" and general colors... And there will have to be some kinda of "true form" option, like a mount or so. But then how does one argument their inability to fight while in dragon form (since they cannot be allowed to turn in to dragon in-combat, taking up the whole freaked room, nor can they be allowed to attack in mount form, for balance reasons) and would generally take away big part of the race identity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    Ogres for Horde.

As for females, why does there have to be any? Maybe they reproduce differently. I'd just have the option for one or 2 headed.

I think Blizzard should just add them in now. We don't need a high rez version of them. They're ugly as hell and they have all the animations they would need anyway. They just need a starting area and a lore event to bring them into the fold.
    Lore wise... there are female ogres, but as most of the races (for example worgens) before they being playable races, they didn't have a female model, but when they became playable Blizzard created the female model.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just one? Well it has to be neutral, then. Ethereal.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)