Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    All I see is ogre/furbolg/harpy/naga/arakkoa/ethereals/kobolds/gnolls/etc. You guys really need to get your asses out of the past. like 90% of those don't even make fucking sense. Obviously if there's going to be a new race, it's a high chance that it'll be races we haven't seen yet.
    Naga and ethereals would make incredibly cool playable races though. Serpentine, matriarchal rebels and charming cosmic con men are both pretty new and unique racial themes.

10+ Year Old Account
    ethereals
    Ooh yeah, totally forgot about these guys. Would be difficult though. Gear would have to be specially designed just for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    All I see is ogre/furbolg/harpy/naga/arakkoa/ethereals/kobolds/gnolls/etc. You guys really need to get your asses out of the past. like 90% of those don't even make fucking sense. Obviously if there's going to be a new race, it's a high chance that it'll be races we haven't seen yet.
    Why don't they make sense? Because you don't want to? Neither did worgen before Cataclysm, they were savage beasts from another dimension.
    And looking at that list, actually 90% make sense.

Naga for the Horde. It would work as the Worgens, the players could change between Naga and Highborn form (To use mounts since it would be hard without legs).

A group of rebel Nagas who with the help of the Blood Elf Mages managed to weaken the curse of the Old Gods, allowing them to walk in the highborne form once again, even not permanently...

Few years ago I would say Pandarens for the Alliance, but MoP trolled me >< And now I really don't know what race would fit in the Alliance...Some kind of Vyrkul or Ethereals, maybe?

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Orges just fit the horde.
    Not sure about the Alliance though. IMO much tougher to find a new race and still keep the Alliance feel.

I did find it interesting that Or'Dac a Brackenwall Emisary was at Domination point. Misdirection maybe, but I still feel we have an impending burning crusade expansion coming next (I was very wrong about mists... even after the name was leaked).

I am 100% against Naga being a playable race.

Naga naga naga naga naga naga naga naga... did someone say something about Naga because they're the best race, by the way. Also, Naga.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Considering that next expansion will be legion focused and take place in other worlds i would love to see 2 completely new races. On top of that it would be lovely if they joined in higher number than 7 (im looking at you panda's !!!) and lacked typical to WoW "90% of race was slaughtered by <insert hostile force here>". It would be nice to have races that would be really powerfull on they own and rather than joining alliance or horde would ally with them as equals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikkarus View Post
    Naga for the Horde. It would work as the Worgens, the players could change between Naga and Highborn form (To use mounts since it would be hard without legs).

A group of rebel Nagas who with the help of the Blood Elf Mages managed to weaken the curse of the Old Gods, allowing them to walk in the highborne form once again, even not permanently...

Few years ago I would say Pandarens for the Alliance, but MoP trolled me >< And now I really don't know what race would fit in the Alliance...Some kind of Vyrkul or Ethereals, maybe?

i actually quite like the idea of changing between naga/highborn, would solve most of the issues like how will armor work on them, mounts etc. maybe naga form will have to be a bit like druids forms and not all armor show on them.

but for horde i see ogres being the best choice, seeing as they were already part of the horde for a while. playing as one of rexxars people would be cool, i forget the name of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Kneebasha View Post
    Pretty much any race could be added "logically", it would just come down to how they were written.

Personally, I'd love to see some reptilian, insectoid, or avian races. Mammals are overrated.
    This response actually made me log in to second that. A reptilian or avian race would bind me in chains back to WoW. Insectoid races would be sweet too, I can't imagine females though.
    We've had enough mammals.

Ogres for the Horde. Vrykul for the Alliance.

Deleted
    i want to play as a harpy so badly T.T

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Why don't they make sense? Because you don't want to? Neither did worgen before Cataclysm, they were savage beasts from another dimension.
    And looking at that list, actually 90% make sense.
    And we all need more retcons, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Furbolg
    Ogres
    Naga
    Drakonid
    Aqir
    Unbroken Ones
    Elementals
    Treants

Those are good ones. Also ethereals I guess, they've never really done it for me though. Rather have ethreal-like elementals of all different types.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Ogres for the Horde. Vrykul for the Alliance.
    I would love to play as the Naga, but I can't denied, this kind of make sense.

Ogres, some kind of bigger Orcs
    Vyrkul, some kind of bigger Humans

oO

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Considering that next expansion will be legion focused and take place in other worlds i would love to see 2 completely new races. On top of that it would be lovely if they joined in higher number than 7 (im looking at you panda's !!!) and lacked typical to WoW "90% of race was slaughtered by <insert hostile force here>". It would be nice to have races that would be really powerfull on they own and rather than joining alliance or horde would ally with them as equals.
    This brings me full circle back to the idea of a race that can fly without the need for a mount. I'm thinking maybe a Demon-ish race. We'll call them Daemons. They would be a rogue faction fighting against the Legion. Something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Naga naga naga naga naga naga naga naga... did someone say something about Naga because they're the best race, by the way. Also, Naga.
    Have you considered Naga?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Unbroken Ones
    I wonder what they'd look like. Let's see, we know they were once Eredar so they'd probably look a bit like this:

Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

These would be my top 2 choices. Naga and ethereal.