Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Another new player race?

If you could logically add another new race for players to be, what would it be? I ask this cause I have played through the addition of 5 new races to wow and out of them only those added in BC have ever made the most sense in terms of their introduction and following the expansions over all theme. Worgen and Goblins felt like they where added becuse a new race was expected and pandaren to a lesser extent feel the same way as well in terms of use being able to play as decendents of pandarien who left pandaria centuries ago.

So do you think any current race that exists in the umbrella of Wow lore could be added in a way that fits logically?

Ogres for Horde, talking rocks for the Alliance.

Deleted
    There is a difference between "it doesn't fit logically" and "I don't like it". You're thinking of the latter.

Storywise, Worgen joining the Alliance make sense. Goblins joining the Horde made sense long before that. It's Draenei and Blood Elves' reasons to join their respective factions that are rather iffy. Sure, blood elves had Sylvanas "invite" them, but then draenei joined because... they have nothing in common with the faction but similar religion shared with one of the races. It's like Morocco joining NATO because they're Muslims and the French are Christians.

Gameplay wise, in all of those expansions a new race was always a fresh addition. If that depended on me, we'd have like four new races every expansion, just to have a lot of variety.

Now, personally, I think prime candidates would be three races. Ogres for Horde and neutral Ethereals as player favourites, while Alliance would get Arakkoa as a counter-point to Ogres.

Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    Sure, blood elves had Sylvanas "invite" them, but then draenei joined because... they have nothing in common with the faction but similar religion shared with one of the races.
    Draenei joined because they crashed in Night Elf land, and Night Elves were the first native people they encountered and since they didn't immediately start deforesting the area like the Orcs, they established a rapport. It also happened to be that the Blood Elves were the ones responsible for sabotaging the Exodar and are crawling around Bloodmyst Isle doing their underhanded crap...

If ogres join the horde then please get blood elves to the alliance cause I won't stand any more savage crap.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    If ogres join the horde then please get blood elves to the alliance cause I won't stand any more savage crap.
    That ship sailed, and Jaina christened it.

Back before we knew all the base races, Ogres seemed obvious.

They'd always be an easy fit for the Horde, because some of them are already part of the Horde.

The only problem is how they'd make the Ogre Magi fit in and Ogre females.

Jinyu and Hozen.

Drakonid. It'd be awkward for flying mounts but thats it.

10+ Year Old Account
    but then draenei joined because... they have nothing in common with the faction but similar religion shared with one of the races.
    Yeah sure, we ally ourselves with the Horde, which is lead by the same race that killed 90%+ of our population and that danced in the blood of our children.

DERP... <_<

@Topic: Orges for the Horde and a rebel faction of the Naga for the Alliance! Always wanted to play a Myrmidon. "I am not fond of... small talk!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde / Alliance

Ogre / Furblog
    Hozen / Jinyu
    Naga / Harpy
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    There is a difference between "it doesn't fit logically" and "I don't like it". You're thinking of the latter.

Storywise, Worgen joining the Alliance make sense. Goblins joining the Horde made sense long before that. It's Draenei and Blood Elves' reasons to join their respective factions that are rather iffy. Sure, blood elves had Sylvanas "invite" them, but then draenei joined because... they have nothing in common with the faction but similar religion shared with one of the races. It's like Morocco joining NATO because they're Muslims and the French are Christians.

Gameplay wise, in all of those expansions a new race was always a fresh addition. If that depended on me, we'd have like four new races every expansion, just to have a lot of variety.

Now, personally, I think prime candidates would be three races. Ogres for Horde and neutral Ethereals as player favourites, while Alliance would get Arakkoa as a counter-point to Ogres.
    Actually I like them just fine, their stories just felt a little "copy and paste" to me in comparison to Draenei and Blood Elfs.

I can see ogres working for the Horde but my only concern is that their female counter part may look as cobbled together as the worgens.

On a side note, I wouldnt mind seenig Vrykul become a player race. I think they would make a very interesting horde race too if their endless agressioon could ever be worked around.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I see is ogre/furbolg/harpy/naga/arakkoa/ethereals/kobolds/gnolls/etc. You guys really need to get your asses out of the past. like 90% of those don't even make fucking sense. Obviously if there's going to be a new race, it's a high chance that it'll be races we haven't seen yet.

Deleted
    I'd love to play a Jinyu

Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    All I see is ogre/furbolg/harpy/naga/arakkoa/ethereals/kobolds/gnolls/etc. You guys really need to get your asses out of the past. like 90% of those don't even make fucking sense. Obviously if there's going to be a new race, it's a high chance that it'll be races we haven't seen yet.
    Wooah, calm down, is there really a need for all the crude talk? I was going to ask why Arakkoa are supposed to be Alliance inclined but I don't get mad about it and swear my head off.

I don't think it will be a race we've never heard of. That has never been the case. There would be an outcry if the new playable race is something we've never heard of.

I'm not sure if there is current lore for such a thing. But, I just wonder at what point will WoW add a race similar to those found in Aion. A Humanoid with wings.

The Worgen were added with their Running Wild self-mount ability. So, this seems like the next step in the evolution of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't mind seeing treefolk or elementals as potential new races, rather than more furry or fleshy creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash1 View Post
    I'm not sure if there is current lore for such a thing. But, I just wonder at what point will WoW add a race similar to those found in Aion. A Humanoid with wings.

The Worgen were added with their Running Wild self-mount ability. So, this seems like the next step in the evolution of things.
    Hey, the mantid were pretty popular. Could be other, friendlier bug races out there with wings. Outcast qiraji, long-lost aqir, etc. Long as you don't mind bug wings.

Pretty much any race could be added "logically", it would just come down to how they were written.

Personally, I'd love to see some reptilian, insectoid, or avian races. Mammals are overrated.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

Deleted
    Ogres for the Horde, Naga for the Alliance.

And, to mind-read your questions:
    -Blade's Edge ogres are smaller
    -naga side-saddle
    -naga pants is a skirt, boots are tail rings
    -these naga are actually kaldorei from the kaldorei resistance from 10.000 years who've been fighting Azshara but been too ashamed to come out because they were turned to naga because the old gods turned all kaldorei in the area to naga, including them, not bothering to ask anyone or they are night elves captured along the 10.000 years by naga scientists and turned to naga to see how they could improve their race by testing different things on captives, yet now they organized a prison break, and this is why they like the Alliance more then the Horde.